The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: ethanol-free gas  (Read 1142 times)

Offline beeverfishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: ethanol-free gas
« Reply #1 on: Oct 23, 2015, 06:25 AM »
I get mine less than 1/4 mile from my house. And they are the only one with in 65 miles of me.
<===Lefty===

Offline thewyler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Go hard or go home
« Reply #2 on: Oct 23, 2015, 03:48 PM »
Non oxy is good but is still stored in bulk tanks, just take. A pint of gas run it through a coffee filter to ensure the gas is clean and then leave it sit in a clear water bottle for a week or so then look at the amount of crud that has settled out... From someone who does a large number of carb cleanings getpre mixed "tru fuel" its rated at 94oct and will make the most possible out of your machine while having no ethanol and the cleanest consumer gas... It comes in 2 quart or so cans at most hardware stores and etc
go hard or go home

Offline krazjon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Oct 23, 2015, 05:09 PM »
most Stewarts shops are switching (if not already switched) to ethanol free super

Check your local as I notice a lot of them are not on the map
Jon Arnold

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #4 on: Oct 25, 2015, 05:39 PM »

http://pure-gas.org/extensions/map.html

Well, I learned a lesson earlier this fall. I was getting out a weigh wagon for work. Went to the truck stop and filled it and my truck with PREMIUM fuel. Truck went to the shop and I worked on the wagon motor. Ended up that the premium fuel had a lot of issues with water in it. Since it was more expensive the retailer wasn't moving it very fast. Had to dump fuel treatment into the gas tanks to take care of the issue. Now I just use ethanol blend and add seafoam if something sits more then a month.

Offline mbart

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Oct 25, 2015, 06:52 PM »
Use Sea Foam year round in all my 2 stroke & 4 cycle engines, also a firm believer in the use of Marvel Mystery Oil.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #6 on: Oct 25, 2015, 07:20 PM »
Use Sea Foam year round in all my 2 stroke & 4 cycle engines, also a firm believer in the use of Marvel Mystery Oil.

Never heard of the oil. Whats the claim to fame?

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Oct 25, 2015, 07:46 PM »
Mystery oil is about the same as SeaFoam.
<===Lefty===

Offline Bits

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Oct 25, 2015, 07:59 PM »
Wally World carries Marvel Mystery Oil, here in Montana--it's red in color & it comes in a couple of size containers--I've used it for years--good upper cyl. lubricant, it can remove carbon buildup from your engine--I generally put a pint of it in with each oil change on my outfit--Ford Explorer--V8--also use it to lube my .45 auto for pistol shooting--keeps the crud buildup soft while it lubes the gun-- ;) :)

Offline mbart

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Oct 26, 2015, 05:00 AM »
I use MMO in my engines for off season storage, i.e. power auger / snowblower, used 3-4 months, stored the rest of the year.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.