The ice fishing North Dakota board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Got something new for this year....  (Read 2923 times)

Offline NDiceMan72

• IceShanty Rookie
Got something new for this year....
« on: Oct 09, 2015, 09:32 PM »
Well broke down and got something new this year...didn't like being stuck in one spot with my hub style because it was too much work to break the hub down and move by myself. So went ahead and ordered up an Eskimo guickflip 1 to be more mobile because I fish by myself 95% of the time. Went ahead and did the reflectix, led lights, and build some compartments in the front half of the sled. Any of you fellow North Dakotan's get or are going to get anything new for this season???

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Got something new for this year....
« Reply #1 on: Oct 09, 2015, 09:34 PM »
nice addition

Offline NDiceMan72

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 09, 2015, 09:34 PM »

Offline NDiceMan72

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Oct 09, 2015, 09:36 PM »
I will continue to use my hub (Eskimo Quick Fish 3) if others come along, because the extra hands to help make set up and tear down so much easier in the always windy ND  ;)

Offline maddogg

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Oct 10, 2015, 04:16 PM »
I have a Eskimo Wide One and really like it. I hope you enjoy yours.

Offline NDiceMan72

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Oct 10, 2015, 04:22 PM »
I am a big fan of eskimo products. They are very well made.

Offline Tbone9

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Oct 10, 2015, 05:28 PM »
i really like how organized everything is. Did you build the compartments or did it come that way.
Always trying to catch those light bitin lethargic sons of fishes.

Offline Tbone9

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Oct 10, 2015, 05:31 PM »
Oh I missed the part where you said you made it that way. Very nice work! Your winters are brutal out there it pays to be organized.
Always trying to catch those light bitin lethargic sons of fishes.

Offline NDiceMan72

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Oct 10, 2015, 07:05 PM »
Oh I missed the part where you said you made it that way. Very nice work! Your winters are brutal out there it pays to be organized.

Yes they are!! Lol. I found out very early in the season last year that the hub style is not the ticket for me. I bought the hub because I thought I wasn't going to have enough room in a flip over, but it was more of a pain to set up by myself and then unload everything out of my sled into the hub and start fishing and have limited success finding fish. It's not very often that it's nice enough to fish outside without a house in North Dakota. Not being able to be mobile really hurt my success last season. So the one man clip was the way to go and got a killer deal on it, so it was hard to pass up....got it brand new from a local hardware store for $120 because he wanted it out of his stock room. But yeah....with the hub I found it very hard to be organized, mobile, and successful...unless I was on a small lake over a school of crappie and blue gill. Built the compartments to keep everything within reach and contained in the house. The only thing that will be outside is my auger and 20# propane tank....may downsize the propane tank to help with weight, but keep some capacity.

Offline rlvb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The fishie says "Why you looking at me like that?"
« Reply #9 on: Oct 10, 2015, 07:59 PM »
Looking good!!
born to fish---forced to work

Offline NDiceMan72

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Oct 10, 2015, 09:23 PM »
Looking good!!

Thanks. Anyone out there buying anything new or different for this upcoming ice season???

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11 on: Oct 10, 2015, 09:55 PM »
Looks great... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline NDiceMan72

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Oct 10, 2015, 11:20 PM »

Offline rlvb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The fishie says "Why you looking at me like that?"
« Reply #13 on: Oct 11, 2015, 07:24 AM »
Thanks. Anyone out there buying anything new or different for this upcoming ice season???
. I've always got my eyes open I guess.. So busy harvesting right now don't know if ice gear is out yet.just waiting on the cold temps!!!
born to fish---forced to work

Offline NDiceMan72

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Oct 13, 2015, 03:45 PM »

How many holes do you guys run in your one man flip over and in what pattern??? I'm thinking 2 holes one on the left and one on the right with flasher behind them against the door, dead stick on the left hole, and actively jigging in the right hole.

Close up of the LEDs

This is how my heater is going to stay and be used. Ran the heater for awhile and the tank stayed cool to the touch...any issues with leaving the tank inside like this?? Thinking of wrapping the tank in a reflectix blanket with the left over reflectix I have. What do you guys think? Also I bought a Wise low back boat seat to mount to a bucket lid to sit on, just sitting on the little spin seat on top of my bucket killed my back, gonna be nice having a soft comfortable seat out on the ice! Will post some pics when I get it mounted up.

Offline SeisMec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather be fishing!
« Reply #15 on: Nov 02, 2015, 08:40 PM »
Looking good!!  Ordered a ION 8" auger Saturday, paid $85 after using all my gift cards. Was looking to get the StrikeMaster Lithium Lazer but they were all recalled!

Offline NDiceMan72

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Nov 03, 2015, 09:55 AM »

Got the boat seat mounted up......way better than just the bucket seat with no back!!!

Offline NDiceMan72

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Nov 12, 2015, 01:15 PM »
Also, just picked up a new Marcum LX-7 for this season, some new lures, and looking at a couple of different rods. Very excited to get out and use the new Marcum  ;D  :tipup:

Offline COLD-AS-ICE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Nov 23, 2015, 07:58 PM »
As a propane technician that heater pointing at the tank is a really bad idea. It shouldn't even be in the shack with you when the heater is on. You are essentially sitting on a bomb if something goes wrong. Just my opinion

Offline SeisMec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather be fishing!
« Reply #19 on: Nov 23, 2015, 09:34 PM »
Like the mods NDiceMan72. Along with the XT Pro 1200 Otter Lodge and ION auger, I ordered up everything that I needed to wire in some LED lights and make up a power box.

Offline amoe246

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "You should have been here yesterday"
« Reply #20 on: Nov 24, 2015, 07:45 PM »
NDiceMan72, that is some very efficient storage built in, should make moving around very easy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.