Author Topic: Trying to plan a Cascade trip  (Read 774 times)

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
Trying to plan a Cascade trip
« on: Oct 05, 2015, 09:59 AM »
Hello everyone I am currently trying to plan a trip to cascade and am looking for some help. I am looking at either January 15-18 or February 12-15. Would one of those dates be better than the other? looking through the reports from last year it seams like January had better ice conditions.

I am not looking for anyone's secret spot but where is a decent place to start? How much water? Anyone willing to come fish with me and show me the ropes? I have never caught a perch over 12 inches so if I get one in the 14 range in two days i'd be pretty tickled. I'm looking at a 520 mile drive each direction so I just don't want to get skunked after coming that far.

Any information on fishing perch in this great lake would be greatly appreciated.

Offline klamathkp

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Trying to plan a Cascade trip
« Reply #1 on: Oct 05, 2015, 02:28 PM »
Ice conditions last season were a bit funky all over. I noticed better ice in Jan than I did in Feb in several locations. If it is a decent to good ice season, I would think that either of your trip options should be okay.

Offline Shivering

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 05, 2015, 08:21 PM »
If you are lucky, the January dates that you have picked will be the same weekend as the Hardwater Classic.  Always a great time. 
But as Klama said, either date should be good.  I have been up there a quite a few times this summer in the boat... and I can not wait till the ice hits.  going to be a great year for pulling perch.  imo.  come on ice.

Offline hooknhunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Oct 08, 2015, 06:40 AM »
Out of the 2 date ranges you've listed, I'd pick the Feb stretch.  I always catch more biguns in Feb by far.

Offline outdoorsman2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 09, 2015, 05:09 PM »
We are doing a trip in February. I believe the hardwater classic is Jan 23rd, that would be my 2nd choice...

Offline k2muskie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 09, 2015, 08:01 PM »
The McCall winter festival will have rooms booked.  I heard all rooms in McCall are booked next closest place is Cascade.  Festival is like 29 Jan thru 9 Feb I'm thinking.  So get your reservations here's a number for Cascade the Birch Glen they'll treat ya right and love the ice fishing folks...

1 (208) 382-4238

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.