The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: looking for reviews on the vexilar K-Drill.  (Read 3419 times)

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
looking for reviews on the vexilar K-Drill.
« on: Sep 05, 2015, 01:16 PM »
I am sold on the Milwaukee fuel drill with a clam plate. however reopening holes with a nils, lazer, or shaver auger leaves a little to be desired. after looking over some stuff, I think I've came up with the perfect setup, but I've never seen one in action......A fuel/clam/k drill set up. Thinking it should be able to do the one thing my nils can't do very well.....reopen holes.

So looking for those who have ran a k-drill auger setup.

Offline corny13

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: looking for reviews on the vexilar K-Drill.
« Reply #1 on: Sep 13, 2015, 09:49 PM »
Ive got 2 K drill bits a 6" and 8"  they are awesome.... but sorry don't reopen holes with them so no experience.  Was looking at the video of Icegator's new 9.5" drill bit to go with their 42V Annihilator.... they say it works great to reopen old holes...No reviews yet as they don't come out till Nov or Dec, 2015.

Offline Shack man Shoney

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Sep 14, 2015, 07:05 AM »
So.... am i not supposed to be re-opening holes with my mora 7." I dont do it often but i have been known to open one up from time to time. I do notice it will sometimes catch but not always. Will this eventually damage the auger???

Offline rjbreese

• IceShanty Rookie
  • fishing fool
« Reply #3 on: Oct 19, 2015, 11:19 PM »
I am in search of a drill to re-open holes too as I have made me a nice permanent shack out of a semi sleeper shack I use on red rock alot lately, trashed a lazer auger blade with my lithium lazer last year re-opening permy shack holes, and asked reeds sporting goods the same question on what to use to reopen holes, they said a chipper is designed for that so bought an 8" strikemaster chipper late in season but never got to try it out due to ice conditions and had to pull perm off.....now due to recall and no longer have lith lazer I am going with clam drill plate and new Milwaukee #2704-20 (1200 inlbs) of torque but wonder if it will turn the chipper drill?? don't wanna burn up my new drill, probably go with mora 8" if hole hopping, but would like to find one that is good for both, looking and wondering about k-drill myself anyone let me know....

Offline Fisherman-Andy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Oct 22, 2015, 01:27 PM »
I now have a brand new 8" kdrill I picked up on sale for $209 at a local sporting good store earlier this month and will be testing it on the clam plate with the Milwaukee Fuel this ice season.  :)   I've seen a short clip of the 6" kdrill on the clam plate from the icefishingtoday website.

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Oct 22, 2015, 04:42 PM »

Catchin' Fish

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Oct 22, 2015, 04:47 PM »
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #7 on: Oct 22, 2015, 07:21 PM »
I now have a brand new 8" kdrill I picked up on sale for $209 at a local sporting good store earlier this month and will be testing it on the clam plate with the Milwaukee Fuel this ice season.  :)   I've seen a short clip of the 6" kdrill on the clam plate from the icefishingtoday website.

If you can, put it to the test on reopening holes. That's what I'm really looking at the k-drill for. A solid review on that aspect would be great.

luv2fish2

« Reply #8 on: Oct 23, 2015, 07:20 AM »
you can drill were ever you want that sharp center point drills anywhere you put it so yes its excellent for opening old holes

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.