Author Topic: Rod holder improvement.  (Read 576 times)

Offline Osage

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it ain't my business,It ain't my business !!!
Rod holder improvement.
« on: Sep 03, 2015, 09:40 PM »
[/URL]
I saw this DIY rod holder while digging through the archives.After building a couple, I really wasn't satisfied with the fact a fish could pull a rod downward and out of the holder. The original has a notch in the front upright for the rod to lay, and the rear upright had a larger notch for the rod handle to lay in.
    I redid the rear upright by drilling a hole and inserting the rod handle into it, this eliminated the chance of loosing a rod . Pictured laying next to the improved holder is the original rear upright.

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Rod holder improvement.
« Reply #1 on: Sep 04, 2015, 08:31 AM »
good idea.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #2 on: Sep 04, 2015, 09:17 AM »
does that front board have a "V" in it to keep the pole from slipping to the side? i can't see it if it does.

i can think of a few people i fish with that could use that. thanks!

Offline Osage

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it ain't my business,It ain't my business !!!
« Reply #3 on: Sep 04, 2015, 09:46 AM »
does that front board have a "V" in it to keep the pole from slipping to the side? i can't see it if it does.

i can think of a few people i fish with that could use that. thanks!
  Yes,I put a small notch in with a dremel.Since these fold up when not in use,a small bungi cord needs to be attached underneath the horizontal board to keep the vertical uprights open.The pattern from the archives used two small eye hooks to hook the bungi to,I will use the same tecnique unless a better idea comes along.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.