The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: counting down till ice  (Read 1397 times)

Offline LENNY

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
counting down till ice
« on: Aug 27, 2015, 11:36 AM »
I looked at my calendar today, thinking 14 weeks till we have some ice to stand on, hoping to fish first week of December. Cannot wait.....

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: counting down till ice
« Reply #1 on: Aug 27, 2015, 12:31 PM »
I agree with you and since the Farmer's Almanac is calling for a severely cold and snowy winter in my part of the woods I'm hoping it happens. 

Offline Big treble

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Sep 02, 2015, 06:32 PM »
Getting the itch in a bad, bad way. Struggling not to pull my otter flip off the rack to redo it. Trying to hold out two more weeks.......I don't know if I can hold out. Feeling like I have a monkey on my back.

Offline LENNY

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Sep 03, 2015, 11:41 AM »
I picked up a single man flip over that I am going to do a little work on also, when it cools down a little bit in my garage. Maybe pick up a couple things before the season but actually started counting down on my calendar. Wife thinks I am a little crazy.....but she knew that before she married me.

Offline bean counter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Sep 03, 2015, 11:50 AM »
Ya, I got my one-man shanty down from the loft a few weeks ago.  I have a few tweeks to get done before the season starts.  REALLY looking forward to colder weather  :)

Offline Big treble

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Sep 04, 2015, 05:38 PM »
Boys, I just don't think I can make it.

Offline bigstorm

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Sep 08, 2015, 12:35 PM »
Last year I was on the ice on 11/22, the year before was 11/29. I'm hoping to be on the ice somewhere before 12/1. I usually start driving north until I find fishable ice

Offline LENNY

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #7 on: Sep 09, 2015, 04:56 AM »
I head to the river (Mississippi) in late Oct-early Nov, out to the float by Lynxville to catch Sauger/Walleye to keep me sane while waiting for the ice. You can drop straight down off the float and it is as close to icefisihing as you will find, also is a good start to refilling the freezer.

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #8 on: Sep 14, 2015, 02:59 PM »
I looked at my calendar today, thinking 14 weeks till we have some ice to stand on, hoping to fish first week of December. Cannot wait.....

X2 Exactly what I'm thinking first week of December only 2-1/2 months away.

Offline fowl_language

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Sep 20, 2015, 04:40 PM »
Wait....there's ice fishing here?

Haven't even got any gear ready yet, bucks and ducks are happening for the next couple of months...plus walleye are still in the rivers.  But I am excited to fish over here, only ice fished a little as a kid it's nice to come back to WI with some experience and learn some new things from a new crowd.

Offline goalie35

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Sep 21, 2015, 12:52 PM »
Already cleaned out the shack from sitting for the summer and started adding a few things to make it more efficient this year. Found our the furnace works from the original camper parts left in it! No more Mr. Buddy turniing the cieling black  ::) Excited for the cold weather to come. Anyone remember when Gander does their first ice event and/or if they're bringing the expo back to the area?

Offline Duke M

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Sep 28, 2015, 08:40 PM »
Back readin' Ice Shanty, picked up a Frabill Shuttle at a rummage sale Sat. and got my hover craft back with a new skirt today. Next some North Dakota ducks, a couple of WI does for the freezer, then bring on the ice.

Duke

Offline Shack man Shoney

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Sep 28, 2015, 08:49 PM »
TICK... TOCK... TICK... TOCK..... Let the countdown begin!!!!! Im getting pumped up all ready!!!!! :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline pfscott

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Oct 03, 2015, 10:39 PM »
Just had a fire in the ice shack, (wood stove)  got a few repairs to do, nothing major. Just making sure everything is ready. Come on ice!

Offline Hardcharger07

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "The measure of a man is how he carries himself"
« Reply #14 on: Oct 06, 2015, 08:45 AM »
Awwww, this year I will be living vicariously through you guys! (overseas for work) maybe I will make some late ice in March!!! 

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #15 on: Oct 08, 2015, 01:47 PM »
Lows in the 30's in Land O Lakes. About a month and a half or so and I shall be standing on ice. (with some help of mom nature)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.