Author Topic: Kahoolawe Cleats  (Read 3234 times)

Offline vaughan

• Team IceShanty Regular
Kahoolawe Cleats
« on: Aug 22, 2015, 08:17 PM »
Ok, I think I made up my mind to get the Kahtoola cleats for my grandson and also for myself.   My concern is that I have gone thru about five different types of pull on cleats and none stay on with the Mickey Mouse boots I wear and I end up losing them in the snow or throwing them away.  Do these stay on over the big boots?  They look like they might with the strap over the toe.  Am I right?

Thanks again,
Vaughan

Offline Lyontyl

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Kahoolawe Cleats
« Reply #1 on: Aug 22, 2015, 08:42 PM »
Kahtoola Pro-Sales guy here: I have only owned two pairs of Kahtoola's ever and the only reason I replaced one pair is because I accidentally put my auger blade on top of it and it cut the silicone.  Almost everyone I fish wish or against in tournaments has Kahtoola's and I have NEVER seen one come off a boot.
That is a testament to how durable and how well these things fit to your boot.  As long as you buy the right size these things will not come off.  I have huge boots right now (LaCrosse Alpha Burly's) and I never lost a cleat.  I am also a guy that previously tried about three different brands and they would always come off.  I went to Kahtoola and haven't looked back.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #2 on: Aug 22, 2015, 08:44 PM »
I have xl size kahtoolas on my size 13 black mickeys.they stay put and I could run across the ice if I wanted to.they fit really snug and don't move anywhere when they are on the boots.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #3 on: Aug 22, 2015, 09:38 PM »
I wear the micro ice cleats on my cabelas trans alaskan3's and have had no issues other than they really crunch the ice when your walking. By no means quiet but you cant beat the traction
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline SeisMec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather be fishing!
« Reply #4 on: Aug 23, 2015, 05:55 PM »
Ok, I think I made up my mind to get the Kahtoola cleats for my grandson and also for myself.   My concern is that I have gone thru about five different types of pull on cleats and none stay on with the Mickey Mouse boots I wear and I end up losing them in the snow or throwing them away.  Do these stay on over the big boots?  They look like they might with the strap over the toe.  Am I right?

Thanks again,
Vaughan

For sizing them to your boot. A lot of photos of them there showing how they fit on different types of footwear.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Kahtoola+MICROspikes&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAkQ_AUoA2oVChMI7Lmt46LAxwIVh_1yCh2nhQBa&biw=1680&bih=886#imgrc=rmNdaWMi17RGnM%3A
A lot of photos of them there

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the ice....
« Reply #5 on: Aug 23, 2015, 10:40 PM »
Just ordered a pair in XL, from ACK, Austin Canoe and Kayak. If your sign up you get a email with a code for 15% off..brand new set shipped to my house (qualified for free shipping) for $42.47!! Sizes may be limited
It is what it is....

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Aug 28, 2015, 08:58 PM »
The best ice cleats for fishing I've ever owned!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #7 on: Aug 28, 2015, 11:33 PM »

I have kahtoola's micro ice and will never go to another cleat. They are guaranteed for two years, the only problem I've 
      had is I broke a chain or the metal cleat. At the time i was fishing where i had to climb down big boulders and I think
      there was undo pressure on them. I went back to where I bought them and they gave me another pair and sent the broken
      pair back. The pair I have now I've had for three seasons. They are a GOOD CHOICE! :thumbsup:

IW

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Aug 29, 2015, 01:30 AM »
The only problem I have had was when I was putting one on and it slipped out of my hand and flew right down the hole...luckily I had a spoon with a treble on and snagged it! Haha those things are like slingshots if you aren't careful!   ;D ;D ;D

Offline frogmaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Aug 31, 2015, 04:09 PM »
FYI,

I had Ordered the XL MicroCleats and they did fit over my 10-Regular Mickey Mouse Boots snuggly and well.

Bless
Fish FEAR ME ;)

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Aug 31, 2015, 08:01 PM »
Agreed with the people here, they are great creepers. They stick to glare ice a bit due to the extreme grip, and usually prefer my Stabilcers Maxx for that application just for comfort sake but only because I owned them prior to Kahootlas. Overall, the Micro Spikes are hard to beat. What is nicer than the Stabilicers is they are compact when you take them off. Can fit them is my tackle bag easy. In anything other than glare ice I prefer the Micro Spikes for sure. Don't get in your car with them, you'll slice it up pretty good!
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline Thearcher1340

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Aug 31, 2015, 08:57 PM »
The more I read the more stuff I realize I need.   Know there not cheap, but you get what you pay for.   Can remember my buddy when we were kids seeing his foot go up in the air and his head coming down on the ice.  Going to pick up 2 pair for me and the kid.

Offline river rat78

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Oct 04, 2015, 03:37 PM »
Looks like eagle claw made a cleat just like the kahtoola. Not sure about the quality of the cleat but might be worth taking a look at for $20.

Offline tracksnorth

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 28, 2015, 07:46 PM »
I wear the katoohlas on my Mickey Mouse boots and have NEVER had a problem with them coming off.
OEF vet Cco 2/505th PIR 82nd airborne division

Offline yotyfox

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 31, 2015, 09:52 AM »
I have the Kahtoola microspikes in a size XL. Have used them on size 9XW mickey boots and size 11R bunny boots and have never had a problem with them coming loose. Wife has size L for her 7W mickeys.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.