The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Any cool new ice find gear / shelters coming out for 2016 season?  (Read 16420 times)

Offline 3300

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
yeah, no kidding.marketing ploy's.
i use shappell and theirs are 600 denier, so seeing some company boast that 300 denier is nice, is funny to read.

Offline n4cer26

• Team IceShanty Regular
Any pics of the inside of that Evo1.  I ha e scoured the net but only see shots of the exterior.   This thing does have a sled and seat right?

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
Any pics of the inside of that Evo1.  I ha e scoured the net but only see shots of the exterior.   This thing does have a sled and seat right?
I believe it has the mesh Versa seat and yes it is on a sled. From what I gather from their FB page, they weren't releasing any info on it until the 9th. They have posted a few teaser pictures, but nothing of the interior at all.

Offline n4cer26

• Team IceShanty Regular
Thanks Mushroom!   I can't wait to get a look at this thing in person!   I have $300 worth of bass pro gift cards burning a hole in my pocket.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline brittlab

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • HARD WATER ROCKS
Looking forward to checking out the quality of the xl hideout. Will be interesting to see the sled with the weight reduction. the seat looks comfortable.

See you on the frozen pond.......Mike

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
http://fishingsportshow.com/2015/frabill-ice-shelter-revolution-yep/

Some more views of their new line up ..not much out there ..Frabill is a lil silent and slow on pictures this season .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
I just saw a post on FB of a new Shappell Bay Runner 2. Bench and hole cutout are running lengthwise with the sled, only one door. Sled is 66"x48" with a height of 65" fully setup..

Offline steelheader32

• Team IceShanty Regular
I just saw a post on FB of a new Shappell Bay Runner 2. Bench and hole cutout are running lengthwise with the sled, only one door. Sled is 66"x48" with a height of 65" fully setup..

Would like to know more on this as i WAS planning to buy a bay runner this season for myself but this may change my plans, any more info? I can't find anything

Offline 3300

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
http://www.shappell.com/iceshelters/bayrunnersledcabin.html
the floor plans show same sized hatch doors tho, but it has same image of the longer hatch door near entry door.

this is all i can find about a longer hatch door, but the rest looks the same

Offline holehopper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Me and Dave Genz
With a sled that is basically 4 feet wide by 5 feet long and is 65 lbs before you add any gear, you will definitely need a Smitty for that shack unless you've got an ATV/snowmobile to pull it; especially if there is any snow on the ice.  Good concept but that thing would be a bear to try to pull by hand. 
Never Stop Never Stopping

Offline steelheader32

• Team IceShanty Regular
Any of the sled based shantys are a bear to pull by hand, a sheet of lexan on the bottom of em an they slide right over the snow, only thing idk about it making that work with the bay runner because of the cut outs for holes, it would be nice to have a 2 man bay runner tho

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Would like to know more on this as i WAS planning to buy a bay runner this season for myself but this may change my plans, any more info? I can't find anything

Looks like the dimensions of the hatch are 9" x 38".. took out the space in between the hatches . 66l x 48w x 65h

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
My jet sled pulls fairly easy when loaded as opposed to my Otter empty .

I would defiantly put some HyFax  on my Bay Runner if the sled/tub is the same thickness as the Jet sleds. JMO

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict

Offline steelheader32

• Team IceShanty Regular
Nice, strange tho I can't find it on the shappell site, looks like that it down on size for the electronics shelf, on the original there was room for more stuff, flashers, camera, heater etc

Offline fish-kabob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
maybe them being sold to eagle claw is not a bad thing.. there listening to the industry wanting the bay runner in a 2 man is why I say this hopefully there quality holds up and is true as it always has been... 

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
maybe them being sold to eagle claw is not a bad thing.. there listening to the industry wanting the bay runner in a 2 man is why I say this hopefully there quality holds up and is true as it always has been... 

http://www.scout.com/outdoors/wired2fish/story/1554279-wright-mcgill-acquire-shappell

Some members last year bought and most loved them if I recall ...unique design and seemed to fill a void for some anglers 

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
I still think the original Bay Runner is an excellent one person shelter! I just couldn't see squeezing two adults in it! The thing that's nice about them is that you can leave it set up when you move! Some Reflectix in it is a worthwhile addition along with some lights!  We'll have to see how the members like them out on the ice!! :tipup:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline fish-kabob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
http://www.scout.com/outdoors/wired2fish/story/1554279-wright-mcgill-acquire-shappell

Some members last year bought and most loved them if I recall ...unique design and seemed to fill a void for some anglers

ya but that is the one man version last year right? that might be where there listening to the industry making a 2 man bay runner ? that article is from 6/10/15 so I am guessing they acquired them this year? and hopefully for the good, better,and best products to come out next! lol's

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Offline 3300

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
marcum rt-9 due out around thanksgiving. start saving, they are not cheap.

Offline BlackDogAlpha

• Team IceShanty Regular
Toured Cabelas yesterday, the only thing of note was in-house sale on light action Dave Genz combos at $25 reg 45, and a new outfit with a bunch of rod holders and bucket gizmos, I cant recall the brand, bright orange plastics, the one that stood out was a tip-down mount for a bucket handle, it keeps the handle at 90 degrees locked in and uses that as the pivot point, 10 bucks, I didnt bite.  Same outfit makes a insert for tipup organization, but too clodgy for me.

Offline motocross269

• Team IceShanty Regular
Looking forward to checking out the quality of the xl hideout. Will be interesting to see the sled with the weight reduction. the seat looks comfortable.

I just started puting mine together last night.... The support bracket on the cupholder side of the sled was a beetch to get on and they are still using the self tapping screws for the supports....I was hoping they would get away from those...Didn't have any issues with this shanty but I did strip one out on my Otter pro cabin and had to make the screw one size larger...

Sled seems good...but it is definetly shallow... Once I get it together I will do a side by side comparison to the Clam XL thermal scout that I have...

I bought this to be loaded on the back of my ATV for running across rough ice and not have to worry about busting up a trailer setup....

Offline CavScout

• Team IceShanty Regular
I just started puting mine together last night.... The support bracket on the cupholder side of the sled was a beetch to get on and they are still using the self tapping screws for the supports....I was hoping they would get away from those...Didn't have any issues with this shanty but I did strip one out on my Otter pro cabin and had to make the screw one size larger...

Sled seems good...but it is definetly shallow... Once I get it together I will do a side by side comparison to the Clam XL thermal scout that I have...

I bought this to be loaded on the back of my ATV for running across rough ice and not have to worry about busting up a trailer setup....

Looking forward to seeing your comparison. Please include some pictures of your findings !
US Army Cavalry Scout 2007-Present 

"The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing"-Edmund Burke

Offline motocross269

• Team IceShanty Regular
Looking forward to seeing your comparison. Please include some pictures of your findings !

Will do....

I am a retired 1SG...Forward Observer was my primary MOS....Spent lots of time working with Scouts....Cav, Armor and Infantry...

Offline CavScout

• Team IceShanty Regular
Will do....

I am a retired 1SG...Forward Observer was my primary MOS....Spent lots of time working with Scouts....Cav, Armor and Infantry...

Very cool. I have a couple of very good friends who are 13F's.  Good people to have around.   I am currently a Ssg motorized platoon sergeant.  Comeing home in two weeks form a 9 month tour and it can't happen soon enough. 
US Army Cavalry Scout 2007-Present 

"The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing"-Edmund Burke

Offline 3300

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
motocross269
CavScout
frogmaster

thanks for doing what you do and did in service!

glad your both safe and sound.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.