The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Any cool new ice find gear / shelters coming out for 2016 season?  (Read 16421 times)

Offline n4cer26

• Team IceShanty Regular
Sitting here at lunch Jonesing for the 2016 season.   Anyone hear of anything?

Offline Lyontyl

• Team IceShanty Regular
Lots of new stuff with all the big companies but I haven't really seen a "game changer" item yet.

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Frabill has some new shelter line ups ...looks to be different insulation factors and bench seat w/rod locker and boat style seating ...also a wider one man

Otter has a lighter one man and a Hub on the way

Clam has some new jigs and a shelter or two

Eskimo ,Shappell  and HT have not "leaked" any thing I am aware of

Lot of "leaked" info on each Manufactures web page and even more on FB and YouTube.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline fish-kabob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Frabill has some new shelter line ups ...looks to be different insulation factors and bench seat w/rod locker and boat style seating ...also a wider one man

Lot of "leaked" info on each Manufactures web page and even more on FB and YouTube.

besides shappell being owned by eagle claw now ? just noticed that on their web site...

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Best thing I've found so far is a wireless marcum camera panned. It's about damn time. I hate all that cord. Every time I use my camera I just curse marcum out for not having a wireless one yet. Finally.

Offline ifish4fishwithteeth

• Team IceShanty Regular

besides shappell being owned by eagle claw now?

Hmmm. I wonder if that will be a good or a bad thing.

Offline fish-kabob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
watch for quality issues is my thoughts but got to remember eagle claw is a good brand for hooks but when it come to other tackle they don't know much about it.. that is what I am thinking... 

Offline 3300

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
thats too bad about Shappell selling out. makes my stuff "seem cheaper". i was proud to buy michigan based products for michigan ice fisher men, but not any more.
Eagle Claw Fishing Tackle Denver CO, 80216 – Manta.com
www.manta.com › ... › Sporting Goods Manufacturers
More Details for Eagle Claw Fishing Tackle ... Current estimates show this company has an annual revenue of $5 to 10 million and employs a staff of ...

i'll start looking at otter next time i need shelters.

marcum has been busy with their new gear.

Offline maddogg

• Team IceShanty Addict

What is the model # of the wider one man?

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
What is the model # of the wider one man?

recruit ...I think they turned the Commando tub sideways and add the canvas 

http://frabill.com/new-products/recruit-1250.html
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline after-4

• Team IceShanty Addict
I have been looking for anything new with 1 man flips and would love otter to come out with a lighter version like the  clam kenia.

Offline fishslayerjay

• Team IceShanty Regular
the new kenai pro thermal looks pretty sweet
fish on!!!

Offline n4cer26

• Team IceShanty Regular
Thanks for the news!   I'm liking that Frabill!

Offline fish-kabob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Thanks for the news!   I'm liking that Frabill!

I own three frabill's and one shappell and I am from Michigan lol's none of the frabill are lacking in quality some times I think their better then shappell.. customer services is a big plus on frabill had to use it on one of my frabill hubs a pole broke they sent me a hole shanty in it replacement.. that's customer services if you ask me..   even my one my frabill I think was made better then the shappell flip overs construction wise just a heads up best thing to do is look at the flipping mechanisms and poles etc like clam there aluminum... also look at how there designed I was able to add a seat to my frabill cause it was able to... I got the reg recon with out the seat and it had tie in points for a seat...which saved me a ton of cash cause it was a end of season clearance. etc.. etc... etc... there is a lot of pluses to those frabill's compared to other models/ brands  just a head up...     

Offline Wgorby

• Team IceShanty Regular
Here is the 2016 new shelters from Otter...they just posted this on their FB this morning.

Follow GorbyGear on FB and Instagram

Offline 3300

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
been getting nice sales emailed to me from brantner and bently. bently jigs are still on sale for 1.50 each for lady bugs and stingers. they got 100$ and so did brantner. my jig box might not float this season. i better load it and test it in the sink. bought lots of 2mm and 4 mm benlty's. had plenty of 3mm's.

i haven't been shopping really and i wiat for sales before buying any thing. so black friday and cyber days are a buying frenzy mostly, but good idea to get a grip on what it is you might want when it does become on sale. then after season sales, i buy things i might want to try next season.

Gander Mountain Ice Fishing Folding Chair. has a rod holder and a rear mesh pocket on a chair design i used before buying a directors chair for more support/comfort and not needing to add cushins to the seat area to save body parts. i added my own wire rod holders to any chairs i use. just nice to see some one doing it for us now.

Offline DaveSS1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Picked up some more Brantner tungsten jigs.  Best jigs I used last season.  The glow outlasts any I have in my box.  Take about 3 weeks to get.  Last year I waited over 2 months.. get them now.

Offline 3300

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
bentleys took 3 days for my order and looking at them right now. they are also giving out 5 free hand made floats while they last and while the jig sale is on. they look very nice too. i would use them when using minnows, but i don't use minnows any more.

branters also got 100 bucks on their sale.

Offline wyatt_8

• Team IceShanty Regular
Eskimo has a a couple of interesting new designs.  Frabills one man that has the sled turned sideways looks interesting too.

http://boondockgear.com/product/eskimo-evo-1person-crossover-ice-shelter/

http://boondockgear.com/product/eskimo-evo-2person-crossover-ice-shelter/

Offline Tunapursuit

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Tightlines!!
Here is the 2016 new shelters from Otter...they just posted this on their FB this morning.

(Image removed from quote.)

Looking forward to some reviews on the one man, 59lbs? Nice.
Ron

Offline Walleyeranger621

• IceShanty Rookie
What kind of deals is Branter's having???

Offline 3300

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
none now.
they emailed their customers with a 20% off discount for dave getting married to dawn maybe 7 weeks ago or so.

bently has a sale on right now for 1.59 a pop on stingers and lady bugs and 5 free floats. had a 3 day turn around with them.

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
Eskimo has a a couple of interesting new designs.  Frabills one man that has the sled turned sideways looks interesting too.

Looks interesting. Now I don't have to wait til Sept. 9th to see it.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!

I've looked around the web and this is about all I've seen on the new shelters!! Looks interesting! I hope they hit their website soon!!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline river rat78

• Team IceShanty Addict
The Eskimo Evo looks cool. Just wonder how it folds up for transport. Also wondering the same for hole hoping.

Offline holehopper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Me and Dave Genz
I haven't found any pics of it on the inside.  I assume you have some sort of sled/seat on the lower end and you pop it up and out from the sled to form the shelter? 
Never Stop Never Stopping

Offline 3300

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
Eskimo EVO
300-denier is half of what i am used to owning.
Weight: 52 lbs 1 man. 85 lbs 2 man. some what heavy
would be nice to see some images other than just one. of each. what kind of marketing is that?

nice to see things improving tho.
price is cheap enough.

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
52lbs wow!

Catchin' Fish

Offline fish-kabob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
52lbs wow!

yep you said that right my frabill 7013 weight about 50 pounds I think 43 to be exact and it is a 2-3 man shanty

Offline holehopper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Me and Dave Genz
Eskimo EVO
300-denier is half of what i am used to owning.
Weight: 52 lbs 1 man. 85 lbs 2 man. some what heavy
would be nice to see some images other than just one. of each. what kind of marketing is that?

nice to see things improving tho.
price is cheap enough.

One thing I've noticed with Clam is they will advertise "600 Denier" fabric on their insulated models. If you read the fine print it is 2 sheets of 300 denier material sewn together.  I think some of these shelter manufacturers get "creative" in their fabric claims. 
Never Stop Never Stopping

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.