Author Topic: anyone else?  (Read 3522 times)

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
anyone else?
« on: Aug 06, 2015, 04:38 PM »
 i'm starting check the site more and more...thinking about doing some work to the ice shack, maybe splitting some fire wood.  i'm hoping for a warm september (for golf) and then an ice cold october and ice fishing on halloween.  can't wait.

Offline bean counter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: anyone else?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 07, 2015, 11:28 AM »
Sounds good, but make sure you send some cold down to Indiana too please!!!!

Offline rl_sd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Aug 07, 2015, 12:29 PM »
Can't wait to spend my first full year on the site.... been lurking around since ice out and have read damn near every post on here.... I am more than ready for some new material! Bring on the cold!

Offline Whytie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Aug 10, 2015, 02:31 PM »
i'm already mapping out new spots for the winter season. looking for some areas away from the crowds lol.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Aug 10, 2015, 05:10 PM »
It'd be amazing to be ice fishing on Halloween but the only way that'd happen in my area is if there was an ice age, which I wouldn't complain about.  I need to work harder on talking my wife into moving up north.

Offline saskriverman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Aug 14, 2015, 10:48 PM »
gem lakes are fishable for sure by helloween usually

Offline The Beachcomber

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Aug 15, 2015, 10:38 AM »
Looks like the weather experts are calling more a crazy El Nino year this winter, it could be a warm winter with late ice. It would be great to get some solid ice down then have decent weather for fishing. 

Offline gyman98

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Aug 24, 2015, 11:00 PM »
I heard the farmers almanac is calling for a cold winter and lots of snow.  Work up this morning to frost on my deck which is absolutely crazy for August 24th!  Usually don't see frost until mid October

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Sep 17, 2015, 09:44 PM »
 in the mountains golfing this week and there's snow in the ditches and lots up in the elevation.  can't help but thing about fishin'!

Offline chummyhole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Sep 19, 2015, 07:51 AM »
I'm not hunting this fall so the ice fever never went away.  Working on a couple projects time to get ready

Offline KenH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Sep 27, 2015, 06:45 PM »
Painted the shack today, ready to go :)

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Sep 28, 2015, 08:10 AM »
-1c here this morning...frooooosty!

Offline Burbot_Whisperer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Oct 27, 2015, 09:05 AM »
we will be lucky to be out for Christmas >:(

Offline BlueDevil

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Oct 28, 2015, 08:42 PM »
I fired up both my augers last weekend! :)
//.\\//.\\ark

Offline anglerbrian

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fun n Games Til Someone loses a Walleye
« Reply #14 on: Oct 30, 2015, 12:30 PM »
Fired both of mine up as well.  Went through my ice gear and checked inventory.  Still fishing the soft water but looking forward to the ice.
Old fishermen never die, they just smell that way.

Offline sidescan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Nov 01, 2015, 08:09 AM »
Checked blades on my hand auger, waxed skis on my Smitty sled, checked my little popup for holes , foot cleats,self inflating mustang pfd,  hand ice spikes for around the neck, as well organizing fishing gear for the early walk on season.  With temps still above freezing at night looking like maybe a later start this year, walked out on Lenore by mid Nov. last couple years but probably still be able to use the Lund this year. Have not started the snowmobile or gas auger and raised the Eskimo thermal for a check but by the look of it no rush. Fish safe see u on the ice.

Offline OD0814

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Nov 03, 2015, 08:46 AM »
Just found out the office is going to be closed for the week between Christmas and New Year's...I know what I'll be doing!

Hoping for a week of -30 weather in late November or early December to get some good solid ice like last year.  This talk about the mild weather has me a little worried.

Offline gyman98

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Nov 03, 2015, 10:33 AM »
No kidding,  was working outside in a t shirt yesterday.  Raining again today now. 

Offline corney

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Nov 04, 2015, 06:01 AM »
There is still guys out fishing Blackstrap in boats.

It will come soon enough!

Offline Northern Pikeman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Nov 05, 2015, 09:58 PM »
Starting to be some ice forming on Northern lakes and ponds. All we need is a couple cold nights and should be able to fish some stocked lakes
A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work.

Offline bearlake16

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Nov 05, 2015, 10:36 PM »
Had my hard side shack out a year ago today with 6-7 Inches of ice on the Wisconsin river. This 50° - 60° weather is freaky for november . Deer season is 2 weeks away. What a crazy year. Than you see all the Christmas items at the stores I just scratch my head. Sure don't feel november. But love not hearing the furnace run.LOL

Offline shootsmcgee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Nov 06, 2015, 08:44 AM »
i'm already mapping out new spots for the winter season. looking for some areas away from the crowds lol.

Ha, I can't wait to move back to Stoon this winter. After living in Alberta and BC, Saskatchewan seems absolutely barren of people. Plus Sask has real lakes, getting bored of these tiny little ponds in south eastern BC...
well if you were me then i'd be you and i really wouldn't know what the hell I was talking about...

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Nov 06, 2015, 05:26 PM »
you must be in the actual north then cause around here she's wide open.  looks like beach weather this weekend...brutal!

Offline The Beachcomber

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Nov 06, 2015, 05:42 PM »
Ha, I can't wait to move back to Stoon this winter. After living in Alberta and BC, Saskatchewan seems absolutely barren of people. Plus Sask has real lakes, getting bored of these tiny little ponds in south eastern BC...

The past few years have seen lots of people move here, especially Saskatoon.  I won't even go to Blackstrap anymore because of the people and the mess they leave.  I have seen van loads of people (I won't say the nationality) take buckets of fish home and be out there the next day doing the same thing.  The garbage they left was a disgrace.  I would only keep a walleye or one jack for a fry and release the rest. 

I only head up north to Montreal Lake, LaRonge or Hudson Bay region. Nothing like having a lake to yourself and some peace and quiet. 

Looking forward to heading out soon I hope, getting the sled and gear ready this week so I am prepared.  The earliest I have ever ice fished in Sask. was on Nov 11th in the late 90s.  No snow but 4 inches of good hard ice made fishing fun and challenging trying to walk on bare ice.

Offline shootsmcgee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Nov 06, 2015, 07:43 PM »
The past few years have seen lots of people move here, especially Saskatoon.

Yeah it's funny how that happens, I live 5 mins away from a world class ski resort (Fernie Alpine) and get to hunt the Kootenays, pretty much the serengeti of Canada but even with all that Saskatchewan is always calling me back! I noticed you mentioned montreal lake. I have plenty of good friends with cabins up at candle and whelan bay and we fish that area hard but there seems to be a myth that montreal has terrible fishing. I haven't had the pleasure of drilling a pile of holes there but I can't imagine a lake of that size has no fish.
well if you were me then i'd be you and i really wouldn't know what the hell I was talking about...

Offline timbertomjr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Nov 07, 2015, 03:57 PM »
The fishing was awesome last winter at Montreal. Caught big pike and lots of 3 to 5 pound eyes. It was my first time there and will be back there again this year.

Offline Nightbird

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Nov 07, 2015, 08:06 PM »
Ice fishing on Halloween this  El Nino year? LOL! I'm  working on pontoons for my Smitty sled.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.