The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Cadillac bait shop  (Read 1311 times)

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Cadillac bait shop
« on: Aug 01, 2015, 06:59 AM »
Did Schaefer's close up? I stopped by there a couple times and it was always closed. Ended up getting gas station bait. Anybody have an idea? Looks like all the stuff is still in there.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline fish-kabob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Cadillac bait shop
« Reply #1 on: Aug 01, 2015, 10:02 PM »
is this the bait shop on the corner of 55 and 115? if not there is one there at those cross roads. it more on 55 then on 115 it right behind the gas station but across the street from mc Donald's... I want to say the south west corner of 55 as you turn left from 115 to 55 to head west...it should be on the left hand side.   

there is a bunch of lakes in that area that live off that bait shop.. if it is the one it mite be on a appointment only basis...seen a few shops doing that they leave a number on the door so you can call them and wait till they arrive etc...so always look around on the door for a number...   if not sorry to hear it but up there it happens all the time shop will close down...       

Offline ifish4fishwithteeth

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Aug 02, 2015, 05:40 AM »
Just called, no answer, no recording.

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Aug 02, 2015, 07:11 AM »
That is Schaefer's, yes. I realize there isn't a whole lot of money in owning something like that but it's disappointing when you don't have that available.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline fish-kabob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Aug 02, 2015, 05:57 PM »
That is Schaefer's, yes. I realize there isn't a whole lot of money in owning something like that but it's disappointing when you don't have that available.

yep sure is very true its disappointing...  that is what keeps me from opening a shop my self seeing places come and go so quickly my self... it hard that's were loyal customers are always needed.. if you don't got them your out of business.. I am sure they had them up there it harder yet that why a lot of people are leaving there cell number on the sign out front so they don't have to stay and sit around the shop  or pay people to or they build a shop in their front yard which make stuff easier now a days ... but your right you lose a good up standing business in the community.  probably a lot of people around it too . I wonder if gov. Snyder is still claiming this is his economic rebound in our fine state? you know what I mean .. lol's     

Online tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Aug 02, 2015, 06:31 PM »
There is no way that a small shop can compete with the big guys on prices for rods reel lure line etc. They only sell those items when a customer is in dire need of them in most cases. You can not survive on bait and candy bar sales.

Offline ifish4fishwithteeth

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Aug 02, 2015, 06:40 PM »
That's why most of the places to buy bait and such around me are either a combination gas station/bait shop or a party store/bait shop. Sad.

Online tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Aug 03, 2015, 08:35 AM »
We are lucky to have a great bait/gun shop in Morley. I drive 6 miles to go there instead of 3 miles into town to another shop that a dozen minnow means you get 12. I have to keep Vic's employees from going over board  on count.

When Vic got the first 22 LR in after the shortage started he increased the retail just what his wholesale went up. 45 CENTS. He said that these are my customer's that I need to have to stay in business. I can not screw them. He tried his best to keep the hoarders from getting them.

Offline hickerbilly

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Aug 08, 2015, 06:08 PM »
That would be sad if closed up but you got Pilgrim Village  right there also.

Offline motocross269

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Sep 25, 2015, 06:35 PM »
I've been in Cadillac quite a bit and it seems to be spotty when that baitshop is open....I've never stopped there but one day the sign will be on and the next day it isnt.....

Offline frogmaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Sep 25, 2015, 09:10 PM »
I've been in Cadillac quite a bit and it seems to be spotty when that baitshop is open....I've never stopped there but one day the sign will be on and the next day it isnt.....

Yep seen the same described above since 1994.  Would not surprise me if it opens again.  Maybe I will stop in this time and ask why hours an dates are so crazy?
Fish FEAR ME ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.