The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Getting itchy  (Read 1899 times)

Offline lion

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Rippin' lips one fish at a time!
Getting itchy
« on: Jul 28, 2015, 06:06 AM »
I know it's early, but after checking on my sled a couple weeks ago and picking up a new heater for my portable, I'm really starting to get the itch!  :tipup:

Offline CARPPY

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Getting itchy
« Reply #1 on: Jul 28, 2015, 07:38 AM »
It seems the hotter it gets outside the more excited I get about ice fishing! Already started planning my trip up north in January.  :tipup:

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Jul 28, 2015, 11:04 AM »
Just received two heavy weight fleece 1/4 zip outer layers ....ordered some Gulp Euro Larva ...lil crazy..with this heat bearing down in my area..
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline rl_sd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jul 28, 2015, 02:30 PM »

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Jul 28, 2015, 03:21 PM »
It seems the hotter it gets outside the more excited I get about ice fishing! :tipup:

That's the same with me. 

Offline SparkyT

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jul 31, 2015, 08:58 AM »
With a mild bout of the flu followed by the relentless snow last winter, for the first time that I can remember, I was sick of winter very early on, and didn't end up fishing too much.  But, I think I'll be back on my game this year.  Sold the wheeler I bought for ice fishing (only got to use it three times the past two seasons), so I am on the lookout for an ice fishing sled.  Also, I've got a couple of augers now (one gas and one propane), and am probably going to turn both of them into a nice new electric auger.  Gearing up...

Offline Cantgetenough

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jul 31, 2015, 01:13 PM »
After 14 days of 80 plus degree's and high humidity :( I decided to wander around my local BassPro-- **censored** they had some ice jigs, line, and rods and reels out!!! Went to the service counter-"How many points do I have on my BP card"  she scans it and say's" Well with the 500 extra points I'm giving you- you have $36.00" WOOO HOOO . Stocked up on 10 tungsten gumball #14's  and 2 forage minnow spoons 2 hali 2 gold diamond and a orange/black ratfinke . All for $11.79  love them points and promotions. Perch fishing from shore on Lake Michigan in the Chicago area this year has been very very very bad and I was bumming :'( :'( :. I really need a fishing pick me up Come on ICE!!!!!!!!!!
Be Safe, Be Smart, Have a Great Time!!!

Offline muskiewrangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born to fish
« Reply #7 on: Jul 31, 2015, 02:38 PM »
Been buying gear nonstop and have been using my new rods on the dock to *test* them out... I REALLY NEED ICE TO COME ASAP!!!
Be who you are and don't listen to others that say you shouldn't. That's how life should be lived as.

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jul 31, 2015, 04:18 PM »
I've been looking thinking about fall/ice fishing for the past month! Pulled out my auger to check for rusts, checking for places to order a spare set of blades, and looking to get a lowrance elite 3 all season to have a real flasher and better sonar for my little boat.

Offline SparkyT

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Aug 05, 2015, 10:25 AM »
Just turned that 4 wheeler that I sold into this.  Soon I'll start working on upgrading to an electric auger and improving my setup, maybe build a custom box to tow behind the sled.

Offline IceMan100

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Aug 17, 2015, 02:32 PM »
Getting itchy too, stopped into Jack Traps last week and picked up 3 new traps,  What a nice store and friendly people!  I'd not seen a Jack Trap before, wow they are great quality,  I've fished with heritages for a long time , those are good too but you get what you pay for....   Looking forward to getting them on ice.

Offline Shrinkage

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Fish Therefore I Am
« Reply #11 on: Aug 17, 2015, 07:02 PM »
Patience is a virtue. Think venison and Audrina pahhtridge...it doesn't hurt to plan ahead
May God bless and keep you always, may your wishes all come true.
May you always do for others and let others do for you.
May you build a ladder to the stars and climb on every rung,
May your hands always be busy, may your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation when the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, may your songs always be sung.
May you stay forever young.

Offline lion

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Rippin' lips one fish at a time!
« Reply #12 on: Aug 18, 2015, 06:07 AM »
Going bear hunting for the first time this year so hopefully I will have some of that for the ice as well!

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Aug 25, 2015, 07:51 AM »
went out last week in my boat and anchored in 30ft. of water. jigged up about 30 yellow perch and a fallfish with my ht ice blue ice fishing rod w/ hali jigs. i closed my eyes a few times and imagined that cold breeze a blowin'! for a minute there it felt colder instead of it being in the upper 70's! lol!

Offline TwoLightsKid

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Sep 07, 2015, 09:05 PM »
Just got a clam twin hub 2 from eBay.  Looks like it will be a nice shack for overnight cusk trips, togue jigging, and fishing with the kids.  Now I just need to figure out what to get for a heater. 

Still enjoying striper fishing for a few more weeks, but also looking forward to the ice season!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Sep 07, 2015, 11:22 PM »
I've been a scratching for some time; enough that I took the rubber raft out to 40 ft. a couple days ago.

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Sep 09, 2015, 08:44 PM »
The past couple weeks, when ever I'm fishing from a boat, I've been "practicing" my jigging over the side at the end of my retrieve.  I even caught a few doing that lol.  If I only had a sonar at the time I prob would of just cruised around and did that all day.

Offline nicksmurf111

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Sep 09, 2015, 10:24 PM »
Yeah, I'm ready for some ice fishing.  I've been dreaming about sitting on the ice for the past month.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.