Author Topic: Where to buy an otter  (Read 1707 times)

Offline husky_jerk

• IceShanty Rookie
Where to buy an otter
« on: Jul 10, 2015, 06:36 PM »
Myself and a few buddies are each looking to buy our own otter flip shacks this season.   We are in Ohio.  I think we would all like to buy the new ones that are coming out(thermaltek) I think .   

Where can we buy otter shacks without paying $150-200+ for shipping?   Between the five of us that's $1000 just for shipping.  Seems ridiculous.   I recently had a 250lb gun safe delivered to my door from California for only $10!

Are there any ice shows in Ohio or Michigan where u can buy otter shantys and other otter gear without paying shipping?

Any other suggestions are appreciated..thanks.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Where to buy an otter
« Reply #1 on: Jul 10, 2015, 07:33 PM »
You should add your location to your profile ...may be another location near you to purchase one besides this link

http://www.otteroutdoors.com/dealers/oh.htm
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline revpilot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jul 10, 2015, 10:30 PM »
I drive up to cabelas in Dundee Mi, also you can have them shipped to a gander mountain near you .

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jul 11, 2015, 12:59 AM »
You found 5 people interested in purchasing $800 ice shacks? Maybe more if they want bigger ones. I can't get 5 people to agree on what kind of pizza to get. If it's true, call an Otter dealer and tell them you want 5 shacks and I bet the shipping won't be as awful as you expect. That would be cool, getting a big shipment like that. I bought an Otter lodge a few years ago and a semi brought it to my house. Neighbors were all curious.

Lasts years XT1200 was $700 for the cottage. This year's new model i expect will be more. I am just guessing $800.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline husky_jerk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jul 11, 2015, 07:20 AM »
I checked with gander mtn last year and they do not stock the otters but can order them in but they still charge yoh $200 freight .    Cabelas in Dundee gave us the same story.  They didn't have any in stock but could ship one from St. Paul but it would cost and extra 200. 

We contacted otter on multiple occasions and they were less than pleasant to deal with.  Basically pay $200+ to have it shipped or drive to Minnesota to pick it up.   

There's got to be a better way to distribute their product.  We are also interested in the big atv box, auger tube and a few other accessories.    We were hoping to go to an ice show somewhere and buy their products with paying for the shipping. 

Offline revpilot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jul 11, 2015, 07:15 PM »
I know cabelas gets them every year in Dundee , I got my lodge there last year and they about 15 others sitting there in boxes . You just have to get up there at beginning of the season . With the good ice around here the last few years they have been selling out quick .

You could always take a road trip to franks great outdoors in MI, they get a good amount of them every year also .

Offline wirenut45

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jul 12, 2015, 06:41 AM »
husky, do like me, on dec. 4,5,6, be in st. paul for the ice show. bring your 5 buds, share rooms at hotel, on sat. take buds to otter booth, try out shacks, make choice, tell head honcho you need his BEST PRICE on 5 shantys, out the door, will pick up on sunday at show. you,ll not only save shipping, you,ll have a great time too. your savings on price plus shipping will prolly cover most of your trip cost. p.s. bring a BIG truck, 5   shantys aint gonna fit in a Prius. lol wire

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jul 12, 2015, 09:02 PM »
http://www.scheels.com

They always have them in stock come October-November and some times run a free shipping sale

Catchin' Fish

Offline TeamTwoSticks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jul 24, 2015, 02:14 PM »
I too have been looking around for an Otter without having to pay for the freight shipping. I did just notice today that they list Knutson's as a dealer. They are in Brooklyn MI, about 40 mins past Cabela's on m-50. They are also a site sponsor. I am going to give them a call and see if they can get them in stock or if there is still the shipping charge. Here is their address and phone number.

164 Wamplers Lake Rd,
Brooklyn, MI 49230
(517) 592-2786

Offline SeisMec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather be fishing!
« Reply #9 on: Jul 31, 2015, 05:14 PM »
I have to run down to visit famdamly around the cities this fall and I have to drive I-94 right past Cabelas in Rogers, MN and Clam Corp is just down the road from them. With my foreign tax return coming from Norway in September and the Cabelas gift cards that I've been saving since Christmas I'm going to pick up one of their XT1200 Resorts and a Ion 8" ice auger.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.