Author Topic: Finding myself sorting hard water tackle and turning on my vex just to hear it  (Read 1231 times)

Offline tracksnorth

• Team IceShanty Regular
anyone else find themselves involved in these schenanigans while waiting for hard water season?
OEF vet Cco 2/505th PIR 82nd airborne division

Offline greenbackhunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
Went to my man room at 12:30am, organized a couple more jig boxes, dremeled off a couple hundred barbs( we are all barbless here...) sharpened up some crankbait hooks. I feel ya brother. It's coming soon.....

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
You are not the only one. Just put a charge through a few batteries, cleaned a few reels, did a rod count to see if I need to build any new for this year. About the only new rod I am going to build for myself is one with a trip wire on it. As for some new lures I will have to visit the custom jigs and spins website again :) Tough months to get through from now til Dec.

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Yup, in the process of building my next smitty sled.  Last year when I first rigged up my fishfinder for the ice I put the transducer in my dads fish tank to test drive it...it didn't work very well in there haha

Offline tracksnorth

• Team IceShanty Regular
Nice!!!!!! I ran my auger for about five minutes today and looked around online for a permanent shack. Thinking about replacing my two man Eskimo as well but either way I go I'm pretty sure my old lady will kill me

Offline wirenut45

• Team IceShanty Addict
started the auger ,n, ran her for about 15 mins. ,charged vex ,n, camera batts, reserved hotel rm. in st. paul for ice show, shanty on M.L. for week in jan., going to call TUCR to build custon ,eye rod to use 1/8 -1/4 spoons, raps, ,n, such for them. other than that, nothing. LOL wire.

Offline djlangen

• IceShanty Rookie
Funny about the timing of this thread...I just finished organizing my jig collection for the umpteenth time this summer before reading this!

Offline Tackle

• Team IceShanty Regular
I did pull out the augers last weekend for their summer run.

But in all reality, I like summer fishing as much as winter fishing. I clean/organize the boat in the winter when I can't get on the lake.
See you on the ice!

Offline Uncle Al

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • STAND FOR THE FLAG, KNEEL FOR THE CROSS
we had rain today so I sat in the clam thinking about how I will install compartments for next season.

Offline tracksnorth

• Team IceShanty Regular
Wirenut, what are the dates for the show this year? I'm about two hours south and couldn't make it last year

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Wirenut, what are the dates for the show this year? I'm about two hours south and couldn't make it last year

http://www.gsevents.com/shows/display.cfm?showid=56

I do have some skis to make some Smitty sleds ...waiting for new products to hit the web ...the last couple years I have built quite an arsenal of gear and tackle ...so might be much more for me to buy out there .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
I charged my flx28 and fl20 yesterday.im going to dig the jiffys out and run them for a bit today.im thinking of getting rid of one of my gas augers and getting the ion.

Offline wirenut45

• Team IceShanty Addict
tracks, dec. 4,5,6. this thing is gonna bankrupt me. bought 3 TUCR rods last year, plus a lot of other "necessities" for this addiction. got more tung. jigs than i can fish honestly in a day, more rods than i can carry in my frabil, more augers than i,ll ever need, but , what the hey, it,s only money, ,n, i,m doing my part to keep the economy going. lol wire

Offline Uncle Al

• Team IceShanty Addict
DR.SPECKLER, You sound like me, I've got 2 jiffy's that are getting heavy as the years go by, I'm thinking the same thing, get rid of them and go with electric.

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I'm going to start building some rods here in the next month. Charging batteries this week and booking at least a week of vacation during ice season again. Can't wait!

Next month I'm going to drop some backwater brush piles and mark GPS locations from the boat

Catchin' Fish

Offline ifish4fishwithteeth

• Team IceShanty Regular
Charged up the LX5 and the camera yesterday. Installed a new seat in the one man today. Can't wait for hard water!

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
DR.SPECKLER, You sound like me, I've got 2 jiffy's that are getting heavy as the years go by, I'm thinking the same thing, get rid of them and go with electric.
I hear ya.my 1 arm bandit jiffy is real heavy but its a reliable workhorse and has been for over 30 years.my china sd60i jiffy is not so heavy but last year I had trouble starting it when the weather was in the low teens.i think the ion with 2 batteries kept warm is going to fix that problem.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
hey doc I still got some new blades for those from the sale  7 inch 50/90 and 30/70 if one of those those are your size blade

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
hey doc I still got some new blades for those from the sale  7 inch 50/90 and 30/70 if one of those those are your size blade
my 1 armed bandit has a 7 inch auger with fixed chipper blade and auger being one piece i dont know what they used to do to replace them unless they are made to be cut off and then drill and bolt new ones on.but I keep the chipper/pilot point honed and sharp.my china jiffy has a 8 inch bit.

Offline Uncle Al

• Team IceShanty Addict
i have to rewrite my post about having 2 jiffy augers I have 3. I forgot about the 1 armed bandit with a 6in auger that is my parts auger. I've had thoughts of using that 6in with a drill motor to see what it would do.

Offline tracksnorth

• Team IceShanty Regular
My news today is im going to be purchasing a 16' camper! By ice in she ought to be plenty fish able. The question now is should I pony up the cash for drop down axles after I get the inside done

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
Just went out to garage and fired up the tanaka (4pulls) and the jiffy model 30 (bout 10 pulls). Filled garage up with exhaust. Ahhhh love the sound. Also went through some rods. Have a few to sell and build new.

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
sure miss ice fishing season when i can pull up ice shanty and see about 15 new posts every half hr. Now, in July it is about 6 posts a day. wonder why? ha.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
spent the mornig  going to sales did ok 3 pak frabill mini rod rack 2.00 new and 6 pro v 1 Titleist golf balls new 4 bucks

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
spent the mornig  going to sales did ok 3 pak frabill mini rod rack 2.00 new and 6 pro v 1 Titleist golf balls 4 bucks
I scored a 2 piece ht ice spud for 2 bucks and a coleman 220j 2 mantle lantern for 5 at a garage sale this morning.

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
spent the mornig  going to sales did ok 3 pak frabill mini rod rack 2.00 new and 6 pro v 1 Titleist golf balls new 4 bucks

6 Pro V's for $4?? you lucky duck. Nice find! I'm glad the business I work for supplies them for me :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.