Author Topic: Flashers with GPS  (Read 550 times)

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
Flashers with GPS
« on: Jul 02, 2015, 07:59 AM »
Middle of summer and I'm kicking around the idea of a new flasher this year that is capable of marking way points. Currently i have an lx7 which i really like but really want way point capability. With is being mid summer most sponsors don't have many flashers for sale. Which ones would you guys recommend taking a look at? Don't want to spend over $600. The other option is to keep the lx7 and buy some kind of hand held gps? advice?

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Flashers with GPS
« Reply #1 on: Jul 02, 2015, 08:47 AM »
I got the Lowrance Elite 5 HDI last year and ordered the ice ducer and a bag to hold it all in and I love it.  I got it for $299 on a Bass Pro special with a GPS chip and suncover.  Got it mounted to the boat for the summer and just swap it over for ice fishing in the winter.

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jul 02, 2015, 09:14 AM »
Well, this might be put on hold now as I just figured out how to mark way points on my Navionics App! Sweet! Simple and easy to use app and I think it cost me like $12 for a year or something like that. Cheap for what I need it for.

Offline prestonc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jul 03, 2015, 01:29 PM »
I have that app as well.  I just ordered a hummingbird helix to try for the boat and ice fishing.  I'm hoping it can get me closer to on spot than the navionics app can.  I have been very impressed with that app, but I don't feel like it zooms in close enough to put me exactly where I want.

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jul 04, 2015, 04:33 PM »
I agree. It really doesnt zoom in close enough. Will see how it goes.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.