Author Topic: Tricking out ice shelter  (Read 1254 times)

Offline TNT5859

• Team IceShanty Regular
Tricking out ice shelter
« on: Jun 27, 2015, 08:03 PM »
I am fairly new to ice fishing looking for any ideas/advice on running lighting and maybe a radio on a battery in a 2 man flip over shelter. How to run what to run, size of battery ect.. Thanks in advance!

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOATBOYS WISCONSIN CHAPTER 1st Wisconsin goat!!
Re: Tricking out ice shelter
« Reply #1 on: Jun 27, 2015, 08:37 PM »
this is the slow time of year here on Iceshanty. you may want to post your question on our softwater site: MyFishFinder.com.

HIMO
                                                                                                       Iceshanty Moderator
It's not how deep you fish, but how you wiggle your worm !!!

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #2 on: Jun 27, 2015, 08:38 PM »
I ran a led strip in my frabill commando and run them  with a 8 ah 12 volt battery with a clam battery bracket that can be made pretty easy and can run the leds for days.the frabill 4 pod light works pretty good in my shappell fx100.put a few low power consumption led strips or led rope and zip tied to the bars. I don't run my wires in the shanty bars because its easier to find problems if they occur with the wire zip tied to the outside bars.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Jun 27, 2015, 08:46 PM »
A 2 foot strip of LED lights over head and run to a 12 v 8,9 amp SLA battery is a great option for night fishing . Also a HT sports chair is quite comfortable ..takes up less overall space and lightens the load too.

The search function isn't working properly ...but this will get you started .

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?board=33.0

PS also build a Smitty sled
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline TNT5859

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jun 28, 2015, 01:53 PM »
perfect! thanks guys I will checking that out

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jun 28, 2015, 10:31 PM »
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=293004.0

before winter I'm adding tub lighting, some home made rod holders and a pair of LED foglights - I might make a new power box if time allows

Catchin' Fish

Offline Uncle Al

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • STAND FOR THE FLAG, KNEEL FOR THE CROSS
« Reply #6 on: Jul 07, 2015, 06:46 PM »
I bought about 10ft of led strip lights on e-bay, and was wondering what to use to power them with when I thought about the old broken 12v cordless drill that I don't use any more. I got some connectors along with the strip lights and hooked up one of the batteries, and the lights ran for about 4 days before the battery died, I think I'm going to use them in the flip over this year. using only a few of the lights sure makes the shanty brighter.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.