The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: CAN'T WAIT  (Read 1113 times)

Offline after-4

• Team IceShanty Addict
CAN'T WAIT
« on: Jun 26, 2015, 07:52 AM »
I MAY BE THE ONLY ONE THAT THINKS ICE FISHING IS MY FAVORITE FISHING NEXT TO SPRING CRAPPIE. HAVE 2 BOATS WHICH I HAVEN'T STARTED THE 60 IN 2 YEARS . GETTING OLD I GUESS. HATE TO TRAVEL TO BIGGER LAKES TO USE THE MOTOR. OH BY THE WAY LILLY IS OUT WITH THE SOME TIME HARRASEMENT OF THE FISH COMMISION. ONLY WHEN THEY ARE THERE. IT RAINS ALMOST EVERY DAY NOW WHERE I FISH IN THE STORMS ICE FISHING. WISH THE GILL WOULD BITE THROUGHT THE ICE LIKE NOW THOUGH.

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: CAN'T WAIT
« Reply #1 on: Jun 27, 2015, 07:46 AM »
Me too. Ice is nice,no bugs,no rain,no boat traffic.Can't wait for 5 inches of clear ice,crappies and gills in the bucket.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Jun 30, 2015, 06:03 AM »
I'm with you guys, the ice can't come fast enough for me.  I've had my fill of this summer with it's raining almost every day and the days it's not raining it's hot and muggy.

Offline AndyH01

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jun 30, 2015, 10:44 AM »
True dat...

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Jul 01, 2015, 07:15 PM »
I was out working in my yard today and noticed that my apple tree is absolutely loaded with apples, more than I've ever seen on it before.  The last two years we had good winters and there wasn't nearly as many apples either of those years so I'm hoping the old adage hold true, lots of mass crops equals a long hard winter.  Time will tell if I'm if it holds true but I'm hoping and praying it does.

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jul 13, 2015, 05:15 PM »
Apple's are affected by spring frost at blossom time. If you had a a cold night in April after a few warm days it will freeze out the blossoms thus no apples,or few low one on the tree. I think will have winter,and good ice. If not the rabbits will be in trouble this winter,beagles bunnies and my 20gauge.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Jul 13, 2015, 06:15 PM »
I THINK THIS WINTER WILL BE REAL COLD...........
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Mike Reilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jul 20, 2015, 03:17 PM »
cant come quick enough im read bring on winter lol

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Jul 23, 2015, 02:57 AM »
When I was out in the yard yesterday I saw a few chickadees which normally start showing up in early to mid-October since they're a winter bird.  Hopefully it's a sign for an early winter.

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Aug 26, 2015, 01:05 PM »
I luv icefishin but,we still got a lot of fall ahead of us.
Lots of stuff to do in the fall.
You have,the fall smallie bite,the fall walleye bite,mushroom picking,apple cider season for makeing apple pie moonshine,dove season only a few days away,esrly goose season,bow season,smallgame season ,turkey season,rifle season and then ,our favorite,,,,ICE FISHING SEASON.Looks like a cold year this year.
It will be here before we know it.
Enjoy the fall :tipup:

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10 on: Sep 01, 2015, 02:38 AM »
I agree with you Pal there's lots to do which will help pass the time until we can be out on the ice again.  I'm hoping the latest we can get on the ice is the second weekend of December, it'd be nice to go right from hunting deer to being out on the ice fishing the next day.  Last year was nice that some guys got on on Black Friday but then we lost the ice, got it back, and lost it again before we had constant ice.  Now getting out on Black Friday again would be very nice. 

Offline jarhead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Sep 02, 2015, 04:16 PM »
I wish we could get on it oct 1st!!!! Cant come soon enough or stay long enough for me .

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Sep 02, 2015, 07:13 PM »
I wish we could get on it oct 1st!!!! Cant come soon enough or stay long enough for me .

You can get on it Oct 1, it just won't hold you up!  ;D

I picked up a couple new lures while I was on a salmon fishing trip last week. I too can not wait for the hard water.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13 on: Sep 02, 2015, 08:10 PM »
Yesterday two decent sized flocks of geese few south over my house yesterday, a good sign for an early winter if you ask me.

Offline anglure

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Sep 10, 2015, 02:08 AM »
 I wouldn't mind three seasons and no summer....... Leaves are droppin and things are lookin up ! Tightlines all   :woot: :thumbsup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.