Author Topic: redneck from ok, fish house  (Read 9846 times)

Offline Sprocket

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Personal Text
Re: redneck from ok, fish house
« Reply #30 on: Feb 08, 2017, 09:01 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.) is this working?

No pics - just text - I've had my troubles linking pics too - keep at it!
Trust me, when the Zamboni driver says "You won't catch fish through that hole", he knows of what he speaks.

Offline redneckgearhead

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Feb 08, 2017, 09:39 PM »
Are these to large?  The first pic is the "primer" I used turning the edge of the wall studs green.  3M says it is required to use the vhb on them.  There is a couple of the studs that I may go back and sand just to get the fuzzys off.  Sorry for the quality, it is tough with it in the shed and then with the tent around it to get good pics.  Hopefully tomorrow I can get the last piece of roof deck on and start filling the low spots so I can get the rubber put on.  I probably wont be able to do the siding until warmer weather.  Ill need to pull it out of the shop it is in so I can level it and have room and the temp for the 3m vhb is recommended to be 60* or warmer.  But I'm going to run the wiring and get the interior wall framed.  Will 2x2's work for the interior wall?   

Offline redneckgearhead

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Apr 08, 2017, 03:45 PM »
Got a couple free hours to work on it.  Framed up the door, screwed the roof and floors down.  It's slow going but the weather is starting to be nice enough for me to pull it out and get the rubber on the roof and the siding on.  Mounted the fenders. 

Offline redneckgearhead

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Aug 04, 2017, 03:12 PM »
Progress!  It's been a crazy year.  The wife quit her job to become a realtor so time and money have both been at a premium. Now I gotta figure out how to do a work around the crappy Photobucket stuff.  We had to do some minor framing and got about half the siding installed today.  Hopefully tomorrow we can get it sided.

Offline redneckgearhead

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Aug 06, 2017, 09:05 PM »
https://goo.gl/photos/buxktj9D4HcD6H6j8

Trying to figure out a way to post pics since PB jumped the shark. This link should lead you to my google photos.  Not sure if everyone can see them. 

Offline redneckgearhead

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Aug 06, 2017, 09:27 PM »

HOLY huge picture.... trying imgur and this is the only one I could get to work.  Any way to resize?

Ok, that's a little better.

Offline redneckgearhead

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Aug 06, 2017, 09:39 PM »

Had to stop there as we ran out of vhb tape.  Thankfully a great guy on one of the local facebook fishhouse pages had a roll he was willing to sell.  Should have the siding on this week and hopefully get the diamond plate trim this weekend.

Offline rl_sd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Aug 17, 2017, 08:10 AM »
I have never seen the VHB used on wood studs, only steel/aluminum.... Hopefully you won't run into an issues down the line.

Offline Cfilbert

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Aug 17, 2017, 09:57 AM »
to resize pictures in IMGUR
1. while hovering over picture you want to resize, click the Capital "A"
2. At the top an edit button appears.  Click it.
3. ensure the lock proportions is selected (to prevent skewing of the picture)
4. Replace the first number in the upper right corner.  I use 800.  You can go smaller if you desire.
5. Click Save.
6. You have to do this for every picture.

Done

Also if you do this to any uploaded pictures they will automatically be resized as well.
Is the ice thick enough yet?

Offline HardH20Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Aug 29, 2017, 08:10 PM »
FYI..when using Imgur for photos you can avoid having to edit them for posting with one click. Before dragging in the pictures in, click the Auto Size button on the right side (it is defaulted at "none") and select the 640x480 or smaller size. Then when you drag in your photos, it does the resize for you....super easy and you don't have to edit each photo.
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear....and that's kind of the same thing.

Offline Cfilbert

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Sep 05, 2017, 04:45 PM »
How tall are your walls?  Are you going rubber or aluminum for roof?
Is the ice thick enough yet?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.