Author Topic: fish house loading  (Read 1677 times)

sunniewally

fish house loading
« on: May 20, 2015, 02:17 PM »
anyone have any good ideas on how to load a portable fish house "bayrunner" into the back of a pick up? getting too old to just lift it in.

Offline williev18

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: fish house loading
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 06:23 AM »
I slide mine up an aluminum snow machine ramp, usually works pretty good, just make sure the ramp is secured to the truck on ice or it can kick out on you.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 08:58 AM »
Buddy of mine uses ramps for his fully loaded Frabill Commando.

saw this video ...lil overkill.. might be able to use  pully system and achieve the same results

Think a pulley mounted to a 2x6 ,placed in the truck beds molded bed mounts .....add a ramp and you should be fine 
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Tackle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 10:16 AM »
I use a 2by10 as a ramp. Not the most graceful but it works.

I know a guy who put an i hook at the front of his truck box and mounted an ATV winch in the bed. That is slick!
See you on the ice!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 10:30 AM »
Buddy of mine uses ramps for his fully loaded Frabill Commando.

saw this video ...lil overkill.. might be able to use  pully system and achieve the same results

Think a pulley mounted to a 2x6 ,placed in the truck beds molded bed mounts .....add a ramp and you should be fine
            It might be a little bit on the overkill but his back is probably in better shape for it.
            I have a Frabil Trekker ll and I lift one end and rest it on the tailgate then pick up the other end and push it in, I'm 67 yr.old
            and I should think of a better way to load my sled. ???

IW

Offline Monovasia

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 11:30 AM »
I have a Bayrunner, all I do is lift one side onto the tailgate and then walk the downside right into the truck bed...I pull everything out of it before I load....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.