New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: 1915 Ever Lasting tip up  (Read 1153 times)

Offline calex3517

• IceShanty Rookie
1915 Ever Lasting tip up
« on: May 08, 2015, 06:16 AM »
I'm not much of an ice fisherman but have a set of flat wooden tip ups with detachable reels in the original wooden box with internal leather straps. The tip ups are commercially stamped as follows: THE EVER LASTING  Patented Nov 30, 1915. I have been unable to find any reference to them when searching online under the name, date or the term 'Champlain Tip Up'.  Does this description ring-a-bell with anyone in the Northeast?

Offline onebadc20

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 1915 Ever Lasting tip up
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 09:29 AM »
Post a couple pictures of the tip ups, that will help.

Offline JiggerDan

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 01:48 PM »
Welcome to the shanty. As the previous post said, pictures would help. Also, try the search function on this site, it's in the upper left corner.
Jesus ain't the only one who walks on water!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 12:58 AM »
Calex3517 welcome to Ice Shanty the activity level drops noticeably here once most members no longer have fishable ice. As was posted in the other two replies pictures will be helpful, besides using the search feature on this website see if the U.S. Patent office has a website. If the tipup has a patent number stamped onto it you maybe able to research the patent. When you do a search here on Ice Shanty look in the Tipup community board. Please post a reply if you find any information on the tipup.

Also if you would be so kind please update your profile with your general location. This information helps other members when answering some of your questions. I'm assuming you may live somewhere in New York state since you made your first post in the New York general community board.

Steve

Offline calex3517

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 08:27 AM »
1915 tip up pics  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/99c7vt81m7sq3rz/AAAtaW325jtrnWWPSz63r7g7a?dl=0
Thank you for any info you can provide on the history of these.  They are said to be 'Champlain tip ups' as I am told.

Offline JiggerDan

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2015, 12:06 PM »
Nice looking collection of antique tip-ups you have there. I especially like the box they're in. Unfortunately, I've never seen those. Hopefully, someone will be able to help you. If you don't get any help, try posting again in December, will be a lot more users on site then. :tipup:
Jesus ain't the only one who walks on water!

Offline Lavman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Passing along the traditions
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2015, 07:39 AM »
Very interesting, they look like an above water tip-up or "jack". I have never seen these before either, pretty cool piece of ice fishing history you have there!

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOATBOYS WISCONSIN CHAPTER 1st Wisconsin goat!!
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2015, 08:47 AM »
contact the freshwater fishing Hall of Fame in Hayward, wi.

0360 Hall of Fame Dr, Hayward, WI 54843
(715) 634-4440

HIMO
                                                                                                            Wisconsin Moderator

It's not how deep you fish, but how you wiggle your worm !!!

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2015, 06:14 PM »
Welcome to the site calex3517..
Great find, I hope you get more information on them.. ;D
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline calex3517

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2015, 08:30 PM »
Thanks for the advise.  I have sent some pics to the Freshwater Fishing Hall in WI - will advise on what I hear!

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOATBOYS WISCONSIN CHAPTER 1st Wisconsin goat!!
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2015, 09:08 AM »
I recommend that anyone traveling to Wisconsin who loves fishing, to go see this place. you will spend all day there. they have the largest collection of antique fishing equipment in the world. over 50,000 pieces to be exact. and they have the worlds first outboard, yeah the real thing, made by Ole Evinrude. check out their website. well worth the trip. you will also see the world record Muskie caught by Louis Spray on the Chippewa Flowage right here in Wisconsin. here are the facts on the fish. 62 1/2 inches long, 69 lb. 11oz. caught on 10-20-1949.

www.freshwater-fishing.org/

HIMO
                                                                                                                Wisconsin Iceshanty Moderator
It's not how deep you fish, but how you wiggle your worm !!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.