Author Topic: Parting shot  (Read 1587 times)

Offline Pail Rider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Parting shot
« on: Apr 08, 2015, 11:04 AM »
I was putting my gear away for the season over the weekend.  Pulled my pack basket out of my sled and I was greeted by a 13" crappie that had been in my sled for a month.  Thankfully, I decided to put the gear away now, well before warm weather got here and my leftover started stinking.  A sub par season gets one final kick to the marble bag in before ending.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Re: Parting shot
« Reply #1 on: Apr 08, 2015, 12:15 PM »
ouch!

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Apr 08, 2015, 04:42 PM »
PR, It wouldn't have been long before the stench started ! ;D

Offline BrianF

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Apr 09, 2015, 06:46 AM »
I recall one year at the start of the season on my brother and nephews first trip out with me for the year and we were sitting in the shanty on our buckets.... We threw our lunches in one of my brothers buckets. The whole time I could smell something awful and kept joking with a serious tone that one of them smelled. When I eventually went to grab a sandwich I noticed a zip lock back full of what was likely sucker meat that clearly sat there for the summer as it looked like a rotting banana. Little dried maggot shells all over the bucket and even after removing the whole bucket, the house still smelled. It had a kind of marinading effect on the air and possibly my nostrils. It was that day that causes me to go through all of my gear immediately when I get home each and every time.

Plug for the Grumpy Old Men movie when Jack Lemmon puts a dead fish behind Walter Matthau's seat. Quiz: Anyone remember what kind of fish that was? :)

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
« Reply #4 on: Apr 09, 2015, 07:30 AM »
Plug for the Grumpy Old Men movie when Jack Lemmon puts a dead fish behind Walter Matthau's seat. Quiz: Anyone remember what kind of fish that was? :)

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Apr 09, 2015, 04:49 PM »

LMAO , I had forgotten about that scene!

Offline wallydiven

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Apr 09, 2015, 05:59 PM »
Did he say "40 pound muskie"??.? Seen that movie a hundred times over and can't believe I never caught that!  :o :o ::) ;D

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Apr 09, 2015, 06:14 PM »
Grumpy Old Men is one of my favorite movies and the reason I got into ice fishing.  Lots of great one liners in there like, do the world a favor, pull your lip over your head and swallow, great advice for a lot of politicians.

Offline makomanfish1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Apr 10, 2015, 11:53 AM »
haaa, that sorta happened to me but with bait shiners.i smelled a foul strench every time i went into the gararge.
finally started to look around and to my surpise 10 moldy slimy shiners in a bait bucket
Call in Sick.
Turn Off Your Phone.
And Go Fishing!

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Apr 10, 2015, 01:33 PM »
I threw a bucket of shiners on my lawn when it was still covered in snow, over a month ago. I figured the birds would eat them. I was wrong, on easter my daughter came to the door with shiner in hand. "Daddy look what I found, one of your fish"...... It was hilarious.
Salmonemia

Offline rockhound57

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Apr 11, 2015, 06:01 AM »

Just watched the clip- when Jack's carrying it, it looks like a light colored crappie, but when Walter finds it, it looks like a yellow perch :sick:
      live free or die in NH, fish western ME

Offline Nosaj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Apr 11, 2015, 03:52 PM »
Good morning dickhead!

Hello moron!

Love that movie

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.