Author Topic: Posting Pictures  (Read 527 times)

Offline Mountain Maggot

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Waiting for the next Ice Age
Posting Pictures
« on: Apr 08, 2015, 08:01 AM »
Posting pictures on this site is insanely difficult and obtuse.  Your website needs to come into the 21 century with easier posts.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Re: Posting Pictures
« Reply #1 on: Apr 08, 2015, 08:16 AM »
bandwidth cost money. pictures use a lot of bandwidth when thousands of users look at them over and over or to come back to update their conversation in those posts.

all ice shanty asks is you help them help you by using picture hosting sites and to not make them so large people have to scroll back and forth to read the texts.

if you are asking them to allow you to directly upload here, it will cost a lot more money. they are making money to keep the lights on for us. maybe a site for members only that has dues might work for that.

i appreciate being able to have a place to talk about ice fishing and related things. pictures are not needed to talk, but are nice to see.
do you know of a site that allows direct picture uploads that talks about ice fishing? i, for one, would like to go check it out. you said this site is behind the times, so i would like to see the other sites that are not.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2 on: Apr 08, 2015, 08:34 AM »

I don't think it is that difficult, you get on Photobucket, upload picture there, then copy and paste to IS. then your pictures are saved in
       Photobucket.! ???

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #3 on: Apr 08, 2015, 01:48 PM »
 ??? Yeah, real difficult. Upload pic to photobucket, copy img code, & paste that img code in desired post/thread. Takes less than 5 minutes. I'm a member of numerous forums & not one of them allows direct upload of pictures.

Offline 4ssss

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Apr 08, 2015, 02:03 PM »
Geez, I never had a problem and I don't know how to use the camera on my phone.

Offline greenbackhunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Apr 08, 2015, 07:32 PM »
I use to think it was tough... Download the photobucket app for your phone. Takes 10 seconds if you do it this way.

Offline merkleyb

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Guess where I am?
« Reply #6 on: Apr 14, 2015, 12:22 AM »
Posting pictures on this site is insanely difficult and obtuse.  Your website needs to come into the 21 century with easier posts.
stop complaining
Anyone can be a fisherman in May...E.H.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.