The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: last day out  (Read 1042 times)

Offline slopoker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FISH ON!!
last day out
« on: Apr 06, 2015, 09:40 AM »
So I played hooky from work on Friday and went to cambells with a buddy of mine. WHAT A DAY! first of all, ITS APRIL! was 62 out and I got me a sunburn which is the best part but only the beginning. As usual get my 5th tip up in and bang, flag, flags, and more flags! out of bait by 9am! I only got 9 tip ups in and my buddy had 10. ok, so I make a bait run (after of course taking a few tip ups out to be legal  ;D  ) to complete the story, we landed 54 fish by 3pm. Bass, pike, and 2 huge bowfin. a few beers, a sunburn, and a smile from ear to ear! What a way to end the season!

P.S. - watch out for  the full size dodge towing a 22' camper that was out there. Im sure they are going to bust through something trying to get off.
its easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission... FISH ON!!!

Offline Green Mountain Boy

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: last day out
« Reply #1 on: Apr 06, 2015, 12:23 PM »
Green Mountain Boy fishing team has called it a season!

Sunday we checked out several southern Lake Champlain accesses and was greeted by too much open water, making last official day March 29th.

We headed home, cleaned out the car and repacked it with open water gear for next weekend's opening day.

2014/15 Hardwater Season Final Analysis - we managed to stayed on the topside, caught a few memorable fish topped of with a lot of fun - I'm claiming Victory!

Offline perch bait

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Lil' Crayfish
« Reply #2 on: Apr 08, 2015, 09:08 AM »
Did the camper make it off? Seems like a crazy thing to try and pull off this time of year.  Besides, I thought that shanties like that had to be off the lake before some time in late march??
Perch bait- a small minnow that can have big results in the ice fishing game.  :icefish:
My Blog: https://jacobcrawford8.wixsite.com/pboutdooradventure

Offline slopoker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FISH ON!!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 08, 2015, 01:26 PM »
Perch bait- im not sure as I didn't go back out on Saturday. I know that they had stayed out there for three day prior to that ( according to my local buddy).
its easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission... FISH ON!!!

Offline Light liner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.
« Reply #4 on: Apr 08, 2015, 01:29 PM »
It wasn't out there Saturday.
Champlain
Memphremagog

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Apr 08, 2015, 04:39 PM »
Slopoker, Sounds like a great last day !

Offline pughole

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I love it when your hands are all fish slime
« Reply #6 on: Apr 09, 2015, 05:15 PM »
We fished cambells Tue and wed.Had the same luck. 4 of us put over 200 bass and pike on the ice and 1 bowfin.  the 5 flag rule was defiantly in affect!! Great beer,Good times, good weather, great friends. Thanks Ian and Tim We will see you boyz in a few weeks for the bull pout!! :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.