New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: seneca lake bait  (Read 1376 times)

Offline trekker

• IceShanty Rookie
seneca lake bait
« on: Apr 05, 2015, 04:25 PM »
Looking for baitshops in the romulus .ovid area to hit on the way to sampson in the am.thanks for any info. ???

Offline eyeball15

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: seneca lake bait
« Reply #1 on: Apr 05, 2015, 05:37 PM »
Brewers  Bait and tackle.  On main street..

Offline FISHWORX

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Apr 05, 2015, 06:45 PM »
What is the best bait to use for the Seneca Perch?

Offline eyeball15

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Apr 05, 2015, 06:49 PM »
Off the wall minnows have been working well.i have been fishing in marina with plastics

Offline FISHWORX

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Apr 05, 2015, 06:58 PM »
Thanks, How busy is Sampson during the week-off this week.....hoping to get out there

Offline eyeball15

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Apr 05, 2015, 07:05 PM »
Not bad during the week, plenty of room for fishing off the wall. As well as the docks. I have been there last few days in a row, and have found room to hit the water every time..i expect the same for tomorrow...

Offline FISHWORX

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Apr 05, 2015, 07:17 PM »
Thanks for the info. appreciate it.

Offline shimanoman45

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Apr 06, 2015, 09:18 AM »
Still getting fish in descent numbers and any size? Havent been there in couple wks, i wanna try wedensday. Lastime i was there couldnt use minnows because fish were out to far had to bomb sliders out with heavy weights. Minnows would just fly off.

Offline perch-hound

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Apr 06, 2015, 11:52 AM »
Was there both Sat. and Sunday, fishing off the wall, Saturday a.m. I guess they did well off the wall, we got there in the afternoon, striiike one.
Sunday we fished from 8:00am till 12:30, one perch is all, (striiike two!), on a slider, don't bother with bait off the wall when making long casts, like shimano said it fly's off.
There were a couple guys fishing inside the marina, didn't look like much going on, the ice is gone and apparently so have the fish.
The water was crystal clear yesterday, and the fish were out deeper, 8-10 boats out there, occasional hookups from what we could tell.

Offline shimanoman45

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Apr 06, 2015, 12:53 PM »
Hoping to get the boat out there nxt wknd

Offline Bear Lake Bob

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Apr 06, 2015, 09:14 PM »
Was there both Sat. and Sunday, fishing off the wall, Saturday a.m. I guess they did well off the wall, we got there in the afternoon, striiike one.
Sunday we fished from 8:00am till 12:30, one perch is all, (striiike two!), on a slider, don't bother with bait off the wall when making long casts, like shimano said it fly's off.
There were a couple guys fishing inside the marina, didn't look like much going on, the ice is gone and apparently so have the fish.
The water was crystal clear yesterday, and the fish were out deeper, 8-10 boats out there, occasional hookups from what we could tell.

:tipup:

THANKS FOR THE GREAT POST    PERCH-  HOUND !   LOTS OF GOOD INFORMATION

Offline trekker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Apr 08, 2015, 06:42 PM »
fished sampson monday from 7-1230 on the wall.two of us saw 8 salmon 2 bullheads 3 northerns and about 300 perch.didnt get a hit.too clear and calm.at least ten boats out and nobody did much.six other guys fishing the wall.didnt see a single fish caught;Thanks for the info eyeball15.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.