The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Fishing Friday  (Read 1233 times)

Offline pikeaddict

• Team IceShanty Addict
Fishing Friday
« on: Apr 01, 2015, 09:13 AM »
Taking the day off and hitting the ice for what will probably be my last time out.  Probably headed to the islands, but wouldn't mind hitting Kingsland one last time.  Anyone else going out?

Offline perch bait

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Lil' Crayfish
Re: Fishing Friday
« Reply #1 on: Apr 01, 2015, 09:19 AM »
Looks like it will be a beautiful day. 58 and partly cloudy! Good luck.
Perch bait- a small minnow that can have big results in the ice fishing game.  :icefish:
My Blog: https://jacobcrawford8.wixsite.com/pboutdooradventure

Offline 802spinnerbait

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fishing nerd
« Reply #2 on: Apr 01, 2015, 01:03 PM »
Heading out to deep water on Champlain on foot if I can make it Saturday.  Maybe sunset island ....   I need a record laker....

The upcoming weather doesn't appear to be conducive to my plan.   >:(

Offline troutcrazy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Apr 01, 2015, 02:30 PM »
Oh yes I'll be out Friday and Saturday!  Getting close to the end of it.  I definitely won't be doing anything adventurous!

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Apr 01, 2015, 04:46 PM »
I'll be out Thursday,Friday,Sat and Sunday. ;D

Offline fishy1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Apr 01, 2015, 04:50 PM »
Heading out to deep water on Champlain on foot if I can make it Saturday.  Maybe sunset island ....   I need a record laker....

The upcoming weather doesn't appear to be conducive to my plan.   >:(
be safe out there.

Offline pikeaddict

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Apr 02, 2015, 07:44 PM »
Guess I am gonna head to carry tomorrow and possibly dillenbeck if nothings happening. Tipups are probably staying home. Be my last time out, ice is getting spanked. I will be the guy in a red jacket and hat with green and black bibs if anyone is going to be out there too.

Offline perch bait

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Lil' Crayfish
« Reply #7 on: Apr 03, 2015, 01:03 PM »
My Dad and I will be going up that way this afternoon for some late season Panfish.
Perch bait- a small minnow that can have big results in the ice fishing game.  :icefish:
My Blog: https://jacobcrawford8.wixsite.com/pboutdooradventure

Offline troutcrazy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Apr 03, 2015, 06:12 PM »
Well... I think that was my last day.  Went all the way to Bomoseen!  Seems to be a last ice tradition for me.  Special nostalgia for that lake.  Bucket o' big fish!  Will be busy with the fillet knife tonight.

Offline pikeaddict

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Apr 03, 2015, 06:51 PM »
Well... I think that was my last day.  Went all the way to Bomoseen!  Seems to be a last ice tradition for me.  Special nostalgia for that lake.  Bucket o' big fish!  Will be busy with the fillet knife tonight.

That's the way to end a season.

Offline pikeaddict

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Apr 03, 2015, 07:05 PM »
Ended up getting on the seeds/gills. Tons of shorts I threw back, but I brought home 30 slabbers. That's enough knife running for me. Fun to sight fish them, esp when they needed some finessing. Picked up a few largemouths, about a dozen perch, and one pickerel. I was too busy watching a seed off to the side of the hole, I didn't see the pickerel suck up my jig. Played it out on the 3lb line, got it, and my tackle thru the hole. Caught a couple big shiners, that I put on the two tipups I brought. No fish flags. Only saw one hammer handle northern, and one other pickerel all day. Ice was a soft 16in. The ice was coming out in large shards leaving the bottom of the hole jagged by the end of the day. Calling it a season.

Offline troutcrazy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Apr 04, 2015, 06:06 AM »
Ended up getting on the seeds/gills. Tons of shorts I threw back, but I brought home 30 slabbers. That's enough knife running for me. Fun to sight fish them, esp when they needed some finessing. Picked up a few largemouths, about a dozen perch, and one pickerel. I was too busy watching a seed off to the side of the hole, I didn't see the pickerel suck up my jig. Played it out on the 3lb line, got it, and my tackle thru the hole. Caught a couple big shiners, that I put on the two tipups I brought. No fish flags. Only saw one hammer handle northern, and one other pickerel all day. Ice was a soft 16in. The ice was coming out in large shards leaving the bottom of the hole jagged by the end of the day. Calling it a season.

Sounds great!  Couldn't have asked for a nicer day! 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.