Author Topic: Marcum Showdown Issue  (Read 2025 times)

Offline steelersfan

• IceShanty Rookie
Marcum Showdown Issue
« on: Mar 30, 2015, 02:07 PM »
Sending my Showdown Troller 2.0 back to Marcum because it wouldn't shut off the last time I used it.  I tried to use it again this weekend and it wouldn't turn on.  I talked with Chris at Marcum, he apologized that I had issues with it and said that Marcum will make it right either with a repair or a replacement.  I have heard of these issues from other users to the point of having to send back 2 or 3 units without a solution to the problem.  I am confident that Marcum will live up to their name and reputation.  I love the unit when it works.  I will report back with what happens after I get the unit back.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Re: Marcum Showdown Issue
« Reply #1 on: Mar 30, 2015, 02:29 PM »
a buddy of mine has the original showdown (before rapala go it) and it too quit turning off. so he just pulls one wire off of the battery and puts it back on to fish. could just add a simple single pole single trow switch to either line.

i think what you may have been reading is the lx-5 series motors dying each year and getting service each year.

my lx-7 was in the shop one time for a simple fix of reattaching the control panel ribbon wire to main board (common problem). they paid for shipping and no cost tome except no lx-7 for 10 days and an extra trip to the post office.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Mar 30, 2015, 07:16 PM »
Chris at Marcum helped me out. Great guy.
<===Lefty===

Offline steelersfan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 30, 2015, 07:26 PM »
I have heard that condensation builds up under the front face foil and the unit shorts out.  I am hoping the problem has been resolved.

Offline Osage

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it ain't my business,It ain't my business !!!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 30, 2015, 07:32 PM »
Marcum took care of my troller,took just over a week.

Offline steelersfan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 30, 2015, 07:35 PM »
Osage,

Did you have the same problem?  What did they do to fix it?

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 30, 2015, 08:43 PM »
Had similar issue with mine.
Last weekend the unit would take repeated attempts to turn on, and by the end of the day it wouldn't turn off.
Emailed Marcum and was told to ship it back and they would repair it under warranty.
Shipped it back on Tuesday and it was back today!

I put batteries back in and it would turn right on!

Although there are some who have had bad experiences with Marcum's customer service, I'm not one of them!
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Offline lure loon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 31, 2015, 05:57 PM »
I ALSO HAVE THE SHOWDOWN TROLLER 2.0 , BRAND NEW UNIT , AND I COULD NOT GET IT TO TURN ON WHEN USING THE DOUBLE A BATTERIES . I SENT IT BACK FOR REPAIR AND ALL THEY DID WAS TO RE PROGRAM IT THEY SAID . I TOOK THE ADVISE OF OTHER ICE SHANTY MEMBERS AND THEY SAID TO P S GET THE 12 VOLT 9 AMP BATTERY AND IT WOULD SOLVE IT . SO I DID , AND IT SEEMS TO HAVE WORKED . BUT MARCUM  C S  NEVER RECOMMENDED ANY SOLUTION . SO I DONT KNOW HOW REPROGRAMMING DID ANY GOOD . WHAT DO I KNOW ??? GOOD LUCK TO YOU ..   P S  BRAND NEW DURACELL BATTERIES .  MY VERDICT IS STILL OUT ON WEATHER I AM A MARCUM FAN OR A UNHAPPY CUSTOMER ..

Online DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #8 on: Mar 31, 2015, 06:28 PM »
my troller 2.0 was night and day difference between the AAs and the 12volt.sensitivity could be down and my jig wouldn't flicker in and out/disapear with the 12 volt either like it did with the AAs.mine just seemed glitchy until I plugged in the 8 ah battery then the unit was rock solid till I sold it.

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 31, 2015, 07:45 PM »
Using either battery option, AA or 12v, you have to keep in mind that battery power can vary in terms of length of charge.
Old batteries may lose their charge quickly so that even though the unit may show 100% charge, it may lose it fast while in use if the battery is old.

The other concern was the "mother board" and moisture concerns. That was probably what was causing the turn-on and turn-off issues we've had this year.

Hopefully whatever the issues have been, they will fix them now and going forward!!!
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Offline steelersfan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Apr 11, 2015, 03:15 PM »
I got the troller back today, replaced buttons and reprogrammed the unit.  Turns on and off now.  I had no issues with customer service.  So far so good for me.  We will see if I have the same issue next ice season.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11 on: Apr 11, 2015, 11:18 PM »
You can try it out on the soft water, just put the transducer in the water. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.