New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Stupid Human Tricks  (Read 1302 times)

Offline FrozenJig

• Team IceShanty Regular
Stupid Human Tricks
« on: Mar 30, 2015, 12:21 PM »
We witnessed one of our buddies attempt to measure the thickness of the ice with his ice scooper, only to watch it slip out of his hands and slowly sink down through the hole. He swatted at it once but came up empty. Got a real good laugh out of him making a fool out of himself and started thinking this would be a good topic to list on the site.  ;D

What stupid antics have been witnessed while out on the ice?
Look for the beer flag, that's where i'm at

Offline Blue Mago

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Stupid Human Tricks
« Reply #1 on: Mar 30, 2015, 12:24 PM »
Caught a walleye , grabbed the fish in the hole and kicked my new rod and reel into the hole after lifting the fish ?? wasn't impressed to say the least
Enjoy The Ride ,You only Get One Chance

Offline Stu45

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Start 'em young
« Reply #2 on: Mar 30, 2015, 12:44 PM »
I have always taken my daughters with me fishing, as long as I can keep them warm, they are happy. Well my youngest when she was just starting out, probly around 5 or 6, I would set her up with a straight stick and a bobber, no reel.  She didn't need one because when she would get a fish she would pick up her pole and start backing away from the hole.  Sometimes the fish would come through the hole, other times not so much.  I think the last time she did this was when she had a fish on so she started her normal routine of quickly backing away from the hole and stepped in a previously drilled hole. Well her little foot fit right in my 8" hole, when she pulled her foot out, no boot! :o Needless to say, she spent the rest of the day in the shanty and got a sled ride back to the truck. After that day she learned to use a reel and has been going with me ever since, she's now 12.
There's a difference between having ten years experience and repeating your Rookie year 10 times!

Offline Whatever

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 30, 2015, 01:18 PM »
Was on Conesus back in 70's and I had my kastmaster in hand dragging my stickpole behind,fishing hole to hole and one of those sail boat on ski's when zippin by,thought to myself that looks cool. dropped my lure down the hole and watched the line just disapear. the sailboat cut my line.

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 30, 2015, 02:25 PM »
3 times yesterday I threw keeper perch back down the hole because I was so used to the 5" dinks I was catching.  :P

The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline duke14

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • thats why they call it fishin,not catchin!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 30, 2015, 04:11 PM »
3 times yesterday I threw keeper perch back down the hole because I was so used to the 5" dinks I was catching.  :P
x2

Offline ice88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 30, 2015, 06:53 PM »
I have always taken my daughters with me fishing, as long as I can keep them warm, they are happy. Well my youngest when she was just starting out, probly around 5 or 6, I would set her up with a straight stick and a bobber, no reel.  She didn't need one because when she would get a fish she would pick up her pole and start backing away from the hole.  Sometimes the fish would come through the hole, other times not so much.  I think the last time she did this was when she had a fish on so she started her normal routine of quickly backing away from the hole and stepped in a previously drilled hole. Well her little foot fit right in my 8" hole, when she pulled her foot out, no boot! :o Needless to say, she spent the rest of the day in the shanty and got a sled ride back to the truck. After that day she learned to use a reel and has been going with me ever since, she's now 12.
that is great love taking my daughter

Offline fish4fun8

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Mar 30, 2015, 07:04 PM »
aparentlly yesterday my buddy put a hand full of minnows in another buddys coat pocket and he didn't find them until today lol!

Offline Gillpill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All I need is a big Bull gill and Im set
« Reply #8 on: Mar 31, 2015, 09:07 AM »
watched 2 friends wrestle in the snow on the ice that was entertaining to say the least lol
That's a Bluegill, no that's a Sunfish...I've heard it both ways!!

Offline the Wizard

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Mar 31, 2015, 01:17 PM »
A few years ago I caught a good perch that put up a better than average fight , once I got it up the hole I noticed it was tangled in another line.  After the untangle I pulled up some line and realized it was my buddies tip-down.  So I pulled up the slack until his tip-down slammed down and yelled to him,  Hey ! Tip-down !      He jumped up and ran over Just in time for me to let it back up.    $#!+  I missed it he said, he stared at it for a few seconds then started back to his seat.    Wham! there it goes again , Hey! Hey! bud look !  He runs back and it popped back up. 
  That worked good until he checked it for bait then he busted me,  Great laugh on that one...                                                            Wiz
If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. – Thomas Jefferson

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry. – Thomas Jefferson

Offline merkleyb

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Guess where I am?
« Reply #10 on: Apr 01, 2015, 02:17 AM »
A few years back - Fishing Oneida with Captain_Redbeard and some other guys at a new access point. 6 or 7 guys walked out behind one buddy who was on his three wheeler. Half of us had never been there before, but I/we could clearly see that at the edge of the lawn, there was a sea-wall that stood about 4 or 5 ft. My buddy on the 3 wheeler did not see it.
I said to the guy in front of me, "he sees that, right?".
Nope. About 10 seconds later he drove straight off the edge. Cup of coffee in one hand, he flew over the handle bars as the wheeler rolled over. Somehow, he managed to save his coffee and he just tipped up the wheeler, restarted it and off we went.
Anyone can be a fisherman in May...E.H.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.