New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Last Laker Trip of the Season.  (Read 2194 times)

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
Last Laker Trip of the Season.
« on: Mar 30, 2015, 12:14 PM »
              Well just had too hit Keuka Lake one last time, can't believe in a couple days its April and I'm still walking on 9 inches of ice on a frozen Finger Lake that rarely freezes......Took a couple lodgers over and drove over with some other friends, met a bunch a new guys from online there while fishing, weather was awesome and the fishin was out of sight, everyone was laughing and carrying on the way only someone experiencing something great they've never done before can understand,.... highlight of my day was watching a young kid reel fish after fish in for 2 hours that his dad hooked for him.....broke more personal best for this lake, got a 29 inch laker and landed well over 50, action was non stop all day, hands were bleeding from un hooking fish and arms cramped from fighting them all day, what a March its been. Felt great too be on the Finger lakes again this winter .. brought up a lot of good memories from when I grew up there.

Young boy reeling them in

King of the ice

guy dragging his ole lady across the lake on his shanty  ;D

couple of my friends

The Oneida "Legend" himself

one just under 29 inches, my best so far, a friend got a 12lb 32 incher as well.

just a beautiful day too be alive.

ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline 2muchleft

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Last Laker Trip of the Season.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 30, 2015, 12:36 PM »
Great pics again as usual.  It was a beautiful day to be out there yesterday.  Sunny, no wind and the fishing was as good as it gets.  I had a ball on Keuka this month.  Next trip for me is down to Naples on April 1st. 

Offline sjord89

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • get reel
« Reply #2 on: Mar 30, 2015, 12:48 PM »
thats an awesome day
If you drill it, they will come...

Offline Whatever

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 30, 2015, 01:00 PM »
Also made some memories with my grandson on keuka this year. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 30, 2015, 02:53 PM »
Great pics Shane! That boy must have had a blast.

It was a great day for sure.

Here is the brown I caught out there yesterday. At least it looks like a brown???

Offline pa ice swimmer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 30, 2015, 03:00 PM »
Nice day guys!!

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 30, 2015, 03:35 PM »

nice reeleyes ....... I was hoping too get a brown myself, but I like the long battles so I keep going back too the bottom too much  was that elevated about 30 down, seen some cruising up there ..

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Mar 30, 2015, 03:55 PM »
nice batch of fish guys  :)
images.jpeg

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Mar 30, 2015, 04:51 PM »

nice reeleyes ....... I was hoping too get a brown myself, but I like the long battles so I keep going back too the bottom too much  was that elevated about 30 down, seen some cruising up there ..

It was high in the water column. I had a laker chasing and it peeled off and then that guy hit.

Offline fishslapped

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Mar 30, 2015, 05:27 PM »
Thats a great day right there!!!!

Offline CNY Fisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Mar 30, 2015, 06:25 PM »
Snagger, thanks for sharing those pictures and the stories.  Awesome lake trout, beautiful fish, the numbers caught by you and Fred and company are astounding :bow:!!!  Truly great to see that young boy out there with his dad enjoying the great outdoors and having such a good time ;D.
Retired U.S. Navy Senior Chief

Offline Wnthunting

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Mar 30, 2015, 06:30 PM »
Whaaaa whooooo!! I made it  in one of snags pics :) that's me dragging my Ole lady... she didn't have no grippers on so I told her to hop on.. lol. I caught 4 and one was 28 inches, and she caught 1 .. it was our fist time for Lakers , and I learned a lot , can't wait to try it again.. hey snag ... does this mean I get to be in the YouTube video this year ??

Offline Shouldabeenhereyesterday

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Mar 30, 2015, 06:43 PM »
I see the father and son fishing all over.  let me tell you that young man is going to be one hell of a fisherman when he gets older (already is)...great dad getting son hooked at such a young age.  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Keep your eye out for him...he is the next up and coming "legend"

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Mar 30, 2015, 08:38 PM »
Nice job Shane, Freddy, and friends!! Great pics! Nice brown Bruce! 
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline camoman33

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Mar 30, 2015, 09:22 PM »
Snagger, thanks for the great pics!
Yesterday, you just made my day!  I think that is the nicest thing I have ever seen you write on here. 
He can give me a run for my money for sure! He knows more at 8 than I did at 20.  We are out just about every weekend as long as the ice is safe.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #15 on: Mar 31, 2015, 04:15 AM »
Thanks for sharing your trips, info. and pictures Snagger! For a bunch of us that can't make these trips, its the next best thing to being there....appreciate it!! Glad to see you came back posting.... :thumbsup:

Offline Gillpill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All I need is a big Bull gill and Im set
« Reply #16 on: Mar 31, 2015, 09:43 AM »
Great pics again as usual.  It was a beautiful day to be out there yesterday.  Sunny, no wind and the fishing was as good as it gets.  I had a ball on Keuka this month.  Next trip for me is down to Naples on April 1st.
I too shall be at Naples on April 1st fish the derby every year. where you going to be starting?? and nice fish and pics shane looks like an awesome day was had by all!!!
That's a Bluegill, no that's a Sunfish...I've heard it both ways!!

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Mar 31, 2015, 11:44 AM »
Whaaaa whooooo!! I made it  in one of snags pics :) that's me dragging my Ole lady... she didn't have no grippers on so I told her to hop on.. lol. I caught 4 and one was 28 inches, and she caught 1 .. it was our fist time for Lakers , and I learned a lot , can't wait to try it again.. hey snag ... does this mean I get to be in the YouTube video this year ??

never know  ;D    should of got all you guys for a group shot.

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Mar 31, 2015, 11:45 AM »
Snagger, thanks for the great pics!
Yesterday, you just made my day!  I think that is the nicest thing I have ever seen you write on here. 
He can give me a run for my money for sure! He knows more at 8 than I did at 20.  We are out just about every weekend as long as the ice is safe.

I should of took pics earlier, just fishin was so hot, good times man, good luck at Oneida in may.

Offline OneBucketMike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Mar 31, 2015, 01:25 PM »
Great pics Shane! That boy must have had a blast.

It was a great day for sure.

Here is the brown I caught out there yesterday. At least it looks like a brown???

I'm not much of an expert but those spots are pretty "open". Maybe a Land Locked Salmon??

Offline 2muchleft

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Mar 31, 2015, 04:10 PM »
I too shall be at Naples on April 1st fish the derby every year. where you going to be starting?? and nice fish and pics shane looks like an awesome day was had by all!!!
I always start at the big digger and work my way downstream towards what we used to call the "Fair Grounds".  Been fishing that part of the stream since the early 70's when I was just a kid.  I'm not sure the run has even started yet, might be good fishing till May this year.  Good luck.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.