The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: WHY DO I BOTHER?!  (Read 4735 times)

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
WHY DO I BOTHER?!
« on: Mar 29, 2015, 06:59 AM »
Not sure why I even bother to reply to pm's, texts, etc. If your not gonna actually fish Ripple, don't bother asking conditions. Save me the little time and effort it takes to respond to the MANY inquiries! Never did like wasting my time ! Well here's what you missed in the first hour of the day! More for me, so thanks for not showing up 👍. Today's the 6th year anniversary of my brothers passing. I guess its just him and I today, got the pond to myself.

Offline fishinfool

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: WHY DO I BOTHER?!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 29, 2015, 07:31 AM »
looks like you two had a great day :tipup:

:tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #2 on: Mar 29, 2015, 07:41 AM »
looks like you two had a great day :tipup:
The day has just begun.

:tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline elevatorman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Cynical people make bad friends.
« Reply #3 on: Mar 29, 2015, 07:48 AM »
Nice looking  bass
A Country boy can Survive.

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Mar 29, 2015, 07:54 AM »
Nice fish!!  Did that little crappie swallow one of your giant shiners?
Official Member of The G.I.T.s, Gods In Training 1/2014
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

Offline scootermsp

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 29, 2015, 08:39 AM »
I went to Spencer again yesterday. Snowed all day but not that cold/windy.  Between 2 of us we got 18 fish in 5 hrs. I got 4 different species. LMB, Crappie, Pick, and a Hornpout. I'm looking forward to getting my kayak at Ripple....I had some quality fish there the day I went with Mark N in January.

I retied my tip ups on Friday night with all new Flouro leaders and changed hooks to Gamakatsu EWG Worm hooks in size 1.  I did much better! No lost fish a great hookup rate, last week I lost 2 nice Bass right at the hole. If there was a fish on the line when the flag went up, it was on the ice.

Offline V Menzone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Mar 29, 2015, 09:28 AM »
Wish I was out today, hopefully the passing fronts tomorrow turn on some quality fish. Full day tomorrow could be my last trip im getting workblocked after that.

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #7 on: Mar 29, 2015, 10:00 AM »
Nice fish!!  Did that little crappie swallow one of your giant shiners?
No it took a heavy medium. Biggest shiners available when I got them. Running a 9-10" sucker & a BIG Goldie! 6-7" long 3" tall!

Offline BobP

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #8 on: Mar 29, 2015, 10:31 AM »
Guess I should have checked my messages at 4:30 am.    Well there is always Monday.   

Offline THE JIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Member of the GODS (Grumpy Old DudeS)
« Reply #9 on: Mar 29, 2015, 02:37 PM »
Great job Keith . Now you show me that there are crappies in ripple ;D
MA

Offline Jschumacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats walking on water. Life Member NAFC
« Reply #10 on: Mar 29, 2015, 05:58 PM »
Nice job Keith. We had an ok day where we were. But nothing big. Good mix of bass yellows whites pickerel and crappie
Hard water Tight lines Flags up. Doesn't get any better than that

Member of the G.O.D.S

Offline Slabosorous

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Mar 29, 2015, 07:39 PM »
Nice fish! What size were the baitfish the bass hit?

I imagine this is probably your last week on the hardwater  :(  Do you ever use the same techniques (sucker, big hook, fished over the weeds) in that same spot in the open water? Seems like the same thing should work all year long.

Offline ctownfisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Mar 29, 2015, 07:43 PM »
good times yesterday keith. Sorry I missed you today but the dogs call and looks like you did well. Hope to get out a few more times.

Flags up!
Ctown

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #13 on: Mar 29, 2015, 08:56 PM »
Nice fish! What size were the baitfish the bass hit?

I imagine this is probably your last week on the hardwater  :(  Do you ever use the same techniques (sucker, big hook, fished over the weeds) in that same spot in the open water? Seems like the same thing should work all year long.
I'll be on for more than another week. Haven't even headed to the western mountains yet. Once I'm done ice fishing, I no longer use live bait.

Offline Bigbellybilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bigbellybilly
« Reply #14 on: Mar 29, 2015, 09:27 PM »
Had a good  half day catcing some fish and good conversation with you this afternoon looking for sunset picture you were taking  hopr to see you on saturday
Bigbelly

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #15 on: Mar 29, 2015, 09:31 PM »
Had a good  half day catcing some fish and good conversation with you this afternoon looking for sunset picture you were taking  hopr to see you on saturday
coming up soon, I'll be there with bells on lol should say I'll be there with yard sale items lol

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Mar 30, 2015, 08:23 AM »
I'll be on for more than another week. Haven't even headed to the western mountains yet. Once I'm done ice fishing, I no longer use live bait.

I was on just under two feet of ice this weekend.  My friend drove his truck on the ice and there were at least a dozen other trucks on the ice.  The ice fishing should be good out west for at least 2 more weeks.  I'd say this is the last week that I'd take anything motorized out there though.  6 guys went through the ice on Champlain on ATVs so once it goes it goes quick.  Some of the higher elevation ponds probably still have close to 30 inches.

westernmas on the finder

Offline lavaman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Mar 30, 2015, 08:55 AM »
wtg dude. I went all the way to NH just to catch pickerel. lost a  small bass at the hole and kept myself busy catching small perch. met back at the camp then drove around checking out the maple syrup making places. they all had open houses and sampled there goods. maple syrup over ice cream is good. didn't go out sun am in fear of the skunk. left NH early. my luck is going to turn around as soon as find time to go out to visit keith. I will be hitting some local ponds this week in the pm after work.

Keith sorry about your loss. alone time is a good time to reflect on relatives gone past. 

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #18 on: Mar 30, 2015, 11:00 AM »
wtg dude. I went all the way to NH just to catch pickerel. lost a  small bass at the hole and kept myself busy catching small perch. met back at the camp then drove around checking out the maple syrup making places. they all had open houses and sampled there goods. maple syrup over ice cream is good. didn't go out sun am in fear of the skunk. left NH early. my luck is going to turn around as soon as find time to go out to visit keith. I will be hitting some local ponds this week in the pm after work.

Keith sorry about your loss. alone time is a good time to reflect on relatives gone past.
look forward to hitting the last ice with ya Kevin. Yard sale hill unfortunately, if you come to the Rip. Yesterday was my last day at the restaurant.

Offline jon carter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Mar 30, 2015, 11:10 AM »
Hey Keith there are talks about Pittsfield this wknd if ur interested. Tommy dicky myself prob getn a place hit me up here or fb messngr.

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #20 on: Mar 30, 2015, 11:25 AM »
Hey Keith there are talks about Pittsfield this wknd if ur interested. Tommy dicky myself prob getn a place hit me up here or fb messngr.
I'll send ya a message Jon 👍👍

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #21 on: Apr 01, 2015, 08:30 PM »
Unbelievable! It never ends! I'm done trying to help people! Get sh** on for nothing!

Offline Eastciderida

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Apr 01, 2015, 08:36 PM »
Was going to send you a pm to ask about the situation at the rip with access. But figured I would save you the time and just head on over in the morning to get my fish on. Plenty of fishing left out there

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #23 on: Apr 01, 2015, 08:44 PM »
Was going to send you a pm to ask about the situation at the rip with access. But figured I would save you the time and just head on over in the morning to get my fish on. Plenty of fishing left out there
I don't have an issue with asking a question. But if I go through the effort to explain in full detail with screen shots etc, then the people don't show up, its aggravating. Then I get the pathetic paragraph from someone whining that I didn't reply to them! Probably because I don't recall seeing a message from them! I help anytime I can, always have! To get these messages accusing me of ignoring them pisses me off! Not to mention all the bull**** this person was speaking about the pond and its pressure &  the crowds! That made me laugh, the crowds lmao! Must have been that day I wasn't on ripple this year, owe wait I've been there every weekend, yup no crowds!!!! None during the week either! PS Get on at the school!!!

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it was easy they would call it catching
« Reply #24 on: Apr 01, 2015, 08:53 PM »
I don't have an issue with asking a question. But if I go through the effort to explain in full detail with screen shots etc, then the people don't show up, its aggravating. Then I get the pathetic paragraph from someone whining that I didn't reply to them! Probably because I don't recall seeing a message from them! I help anytime I can, always have! To get these messages accusing me of ignoring them pisses me off! Not to mention all the bull**** this person was speaking about the pond and its pressure &  the crowds! That made me laugh, the crowds lmao! Must have been that day I wasn't on ripple this year, owe wait I've been there every weekend, yup no crowds!!!! None during the week either! PS Get on at the school!!!

Keith you catch enough fish to maybe be considered a crowd 😝  Wish I could have gotten out more with you this season. It is always a good time.  The good news is the chiropractor has managed to get the dizziness to go away.  Now the only thing that makes me dizzy is LOUD noises 😯  Hopefully I can get that straightened out soon also. 
It is MY responsibility to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now. Make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day. They might show up if there is enough staff working.

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #25 on: Apr 01, 2015, 08:57 PM »
Keith you catch enough fish to maybe be considered a crowd 😝  Wish I could have gotten out more with you this season. It is always a good time.  The good news is the chiropractor has managed to get the dizziness to go away.  Now the only thing that makes me dizzy is LOUD noises 😯  Hopefully I can get that straightened out soon also.
that's awesome Ed! Good to hear for sure! I hope to get out with you again soon, always a good time. Maybe you can try the "hill" this weekend. Sucks for sure but its the only way on.

Offline Slabosorous

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Apr 01, 2015, 09:00 PM »
Keith, I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question. As long as there's safe ice, I'll try to make it this weekend. Never fished there before.

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it was easy they would call it catching
« Reply #27 on: Apr 01, 2015, 09:02 PM »
that's awesome Ed! Good to hear for sure! I hope to get out with you again soon, always a good time. Maybe you can try the "hill" this weekend. Sucks for sure but its the only way on.

Fingers crossed man.  Never ventured down the "hill".  Gonna have to make sure the cover is on the bait bucket good and tight if I do.  Don't want a repeat of my first time out.
It is MY responsibility to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now. Make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day. They might show up if there is enough staff working.

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #28 on: Apr 01, 2015, 09:07 PM »
Fingers crossed man.  Never ventured down the "hill".  Gonna have to make sure the cover is on the bait bucket good and tight if I do.  Don't want a repeat of my first time out.
you will have to carry your bait!!! Trust me, its not an easy hill! I pack super light, plastic sled, bag for gear. Sled and chair go down first (alone) then I carry the bait and chisel down.

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #29 on: Apr 01, 2015, 09:09 PM »
Keith, I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question. As long as there's safe ice, I'll try to make it this weekend. Never fished there before.
your very welcome, thanks for that! I'll be checking it again Friday afternoon, let ya know what I find.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.