The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Shack removal and 2 salmon  (Read 454 times)

Offline Fish Wayniac

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Shack removal and 2 salmon
« on: Mar 28, 2015, 07:33 PM »
We had to work for it but we got the shack off. When I built it I put the ski in 1 ft from the edge. It proved to be a bad design when the 2x6 runner is froze in.Well 1 broke off so I will give it a tune up in the off season.

In between chipping ice I got a flag. It was a heavy fish ! Played for about 10 minutes not horsing it but ended up losing it at the hole. I couldnt get the lakers head up the hole. Got some good looks at it , was 26"-28" . Not 5 minutes later I got a salmon.

Then Sean got a salmon about the same size as mine. He let his go I kept mine it was a bleeder .

We got the shack loaded up on the trailer later in the day. The top layer had softened up making for a tough pull.I had to go ahead of Sean's atv with a pull from mine to get it back to the boat launch.All in all had a good season. Next season need to put more effort into moving it off the blocks and resetting in differnt area.

Offline Slammin_Brookies!!

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "Speed an Accuracy" Airborne all the Way 82nd!
Re: Shack removal and 2 salmon
« Reply #1 on: Mar 28, 2015, 07:40 PM »
Is your shack in Harrison? Pond looks familiar.  Nice Silvers. To bad about the Togue. You have had a nice season between the silver and browns. Your group has done well. Maybe I'll see you and that boat of yours again this year. Tight Lines.

Mike
"Go Big or Go Home"

Offline Jim_C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I never met a fish I didn't like.
« Reply #2 on: Mar 28, 2015, 07:42 PM »
Who says you can't mix work with pleasure ;D  Nice fish and season, Wayne.

Offline Fish Wayniac

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 28, 2015, 07:46 PM »
Yes Mike it was on Crystal you could see it from Rte.117. Yhea I'm looking forward to open water trolling. I will probly see you some where. 😎🐟

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.