Author Topic: Who's done , who is still going on ?  (Read 2480 times)

Offline Blue Mago

• Team IceShanty Regular
Who's done , who is still going on ?
« on: Mar 28, 2015, 10:27 AM »
My kid keeps asking to go one more time , and as much as I would like to I just can't justify a trip with the chance of something going terribly wrong . I hear that there are still guys driving onto bodies of water with trucks etc , but hearing and seeing are two different things . I go south so it's Moose , which has been almost fished out , Birch ....sand bar is a stretch with late ice conditions , and Buffalo , again ice conditions are so so ? I could walk on a mile or so on Buffalo , if the ice is good ?? .....................a nyone got reports for the end of the season ?
Enjoy The Ride ,You only Get One Chance

Offline size38pants

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Who's done , who is still going on ?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 29, 2015, 10:02 PM »
I was just out of Tugela Creek at Dunnottar in 12' of LW water (including the ice) for about four hours. Not a lot of trucks out. In fact, I was surprised at how few people were out. Mostly quads and walkers out now. I am in an Argo so feel pretty safe in spite of my general nervousness any time I'm on the ice. We kept four nice eaters between three of us. I intend to go back out Monday and Tuesday. Nat Resources have been calling shack owners to remind them about Tuesday midnight.

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "We don't remember days....only moments!"
« Reply #2 on: Apr 01, 2015, 02:28 PM »
I was out yesterday  ;D with my Grandson (on spring break). Weather was awesome. Report to follow!
Blue Igloo  :tipup:

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "We don't remember days....only moments!"
« Reply #3 on: Apr 01, 2015, 02:49 PM »
Got 1 more fishing trip planned with the legend  @)
Stay tuned….hopefully it's an EPIC (pun intended) event!
Blue Igloo  :tipup:

Offline Blue Mago

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Apr 01, 2015, 09:08 PM »
Wow , you guys are hard core ! Been looking at the USA reports and to many deaths already due to poor ice conditions ............play safe guys , don't want any bad news here !

Offline Svengalli

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Apr 02, 2015, 08:21 PM »
Closed off the regular season in the South by fishing LW from sun up on the 30th until a little before sun down on the 31st.  It was a wild night on the lake with showers and thundershower rolling by before dark and some wicked overnight gusts.  Sunrise the next day revealed a thick fog that kicked around to almost noon.

Still got a couple of weeks to go.  Probably head north grand rapids or further and/or the Parkland.

Offline Silas

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Apr 04, 2015, 10:43 PM »
Lots of time left and lots of lakes left to fish!

Offline big-brother

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • bring on the ice!
« Reply #7 on: Apr 05, 2015, 10:04 AM »
Day off Tuesday and giving serious thought to hitting up West Hawk

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Apr 05, 2015, 10:10 AM »
all done here

Offline chrism

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #9 on: Apr 05, 2015, 03:31 PM »
Go north of 53rd - its going off up there in most lakes - Trout, pike, burbot, walleye - The Pas, Flin Flon, Thompson, Grand Rapids - pick any lake in the vicinity of these places and have at er. Ice is good for driving on some, ATV or sled almost anywhere
It amazes me how many people just stop fishing when Lake Wpg and the Red shuts down... those people are seriously missing out on some of the best ice fishing of the season!

Offline Blue Mago

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Apr 06, 2015, 07:20 AM »
Go north of 53rd - its going off up there in most lakes - Trout, pike, burbot, walleye - The Pas, Flin Flon, Thompson, Grand Rapids - pick any lake in the vicinity of these places and have at er. Ice is good for driving on some, ATV or sled almost anywhere
It amazes me how many people just stop fishing when Lake Wpg and the Red shuts down... those people are seriously missing out on some of the best ice fishing of the season!
I totally believe you , but at the cost of fuel / hotels etc ? it would have to be a weekend endeavor with a group to justify the long trip .......would love to do it one day , but for this year I'm done as well ...............

Offline luv2fish8

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Apr 06, 2015, 02:31 PM »
I am heading up to Flin Flon on April 10, does anyone know of a drive on lake that I could take my grandchildren on?

Offline Greenteam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Apr 07, 2015, 06:27 PM »
Just getting into the best bite of the year! On most lakes the ice is as good as it has been all year, even in S. Manitoba.

Offline oldccm

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Apr 08, 2015, 08:13 PM »
I am heading up to Flin Flon on April 10, does anyone know of a drive on lake that I could take my grandchildren on?

most lakes are drive on (ish) right now up here. Ice is still good 3 1/2'.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.