Author Topic: My Day  (Read 867 times)

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
My Day
« on: Mar 27, 2015, 08:36 PM »
Packed gear last night, brought everything to work today so I could shoot up north right away buy bait for tonight and weekend and get a few hrs in tonight. Got to work in am grabbed a coffee seconds later dumped the entire cup all over the phone. Realized after work that the phone is smoked cannot make or recieve calls. Super P....... off with that. Got to bait shop got shiners and smelts and off to lake. Go to unload no sled forgot it at home.
Drove back to bait shop he let me borrow his. Good to have friend.......... Back to lake get set up first flag goes off in 15 mins running off very fast I figured it was safe to set it and bring him in...... .wrong he dropped it, smelt was totally mangled....... waited a long time no flags. checked my egg holes and I was looking in i see a bow come in and grab an egg right off the bottom. I grabbed by other trap and put 2 eggs on hook. Dropped a few down hole then started to let my hooked eggs down, with line in hand very loosely lowering line a bow comes flying in and grabs my 2 eggs on hook pulled line right out of my hand, took 2 ft and dropped it. That was it game over after that, he hit those eggs hard definately wanted them but he dropped them faster than I could blink. Finiky SOB's these bows can be. Hopefully sunday will be better.
Salmonemia

Offline fisherhawk55

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: My Day
« Reply #1 on: Mar 27, 2015, 10:11 PM »
Hey wayne I have had those days also where trout will grab it and drop it ,not to sound like a know it all but next time you have a bow clean up eggs and you want to hand hook him try putting a slight bend out ward on the hook shank and then run one egg threaded on top off the hook eyelet slide the egg down tight to the hook knot then lower it down the hole you should get a good hook set ,maybe we can go up north this wed ,I'm fishing Sunday after the storm

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 27, 2015, 10:28 PM »
Thanks Eric unfortunately Sunday is my last ice trip. Let's troll open water bud.
Salmonemia

Offline fisherhawk55

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 27, 2015, 10:47 PM »
Sounds good can't wait my canoe is ready ,I just have to reg it good luck sunday

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 28, 2015, 04:15 AM »
Good luck on Sunday, I hope the fish cooperate ! :)

Offline jellyroll44

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • may your lines be tight and your woman not so much
« Reply #5 on: Mar 28, 2015, 06:04 AM »
Had one of those days last Sunday! Lol... Auger froze wide open, strap on gear bag broke, pop up carpet came unglued, and I got skunked... Love this sport! Lol... Oh yeah and to top it off beer turned to slush! Tuesday was way better! Lol

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 28, 2015, 07:05 AM »
Sorry to hear of your tough luck, Wayne.

"Life is like a box of chocolates".  ;)

Offline IceGrizz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Mar 28, 2015, 03:37 PM »
That's a bad f@*+#%• day. But as they say, a bad day fishin beats a good day workin!
Good luck tomorrow!
May see you out there. Heading to Winni, with my buddy, in the am.
Live until you die.
Flag's up!!
Line's tight!

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Mar 28, 2015, 06:31 PM »
You seemed to have experienced this quite a bit this year.....you are not old enough to suffer from CRS :)  Please remind me when we get together during the open water season to remind you to put the plug in :woot:

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 28, 2015, 06:53 PM »
OK tom will do. Lmao
Salmonemia

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.