New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: bubblers  (Read 4515 times)

Offline ice88

• Team IceShanty Regular
bubblers
« on: Mar 27, 2015, 08:17 PM »
Why would u have them running now the cold weather is gone

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: bubblers
« Reply #1 on: Mar 27, 2015, 08:32 PM »
don't know ...becareful of them ,very dangerous!

Offline twillingthenoz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 28, 2015, 08:25 AM »
Not logical to me. We have a shared boathouse and our bubbler is off right now.  If it was up to my family, we wouldn't even have a bubbler at all... the bubbler is going to do nothing to protect your boathouse from a massive sheet of ice blowing into your dock during ice-off. It seems that is when all the damage happens.  It just makes getting on and off the ice more dangerous. Although... I have heard its good to set up for salmon around them (but don't fall in).

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Mar 28, 2015, 11:11 AM »
mmmmmmmmmm  I seen a lot of docks  damaged  from winters ice .....can't blame people  from protecting their property.....just use your head ......I think most  people  are  just making sure   ...... but smart idea lets complain about property owners protecting their docks  then next year we can complain when  they post  all the private property around a lake and we have no access ......

Offline twillingthenoz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 28, 2015, 11:36 AM »
Just saying - I question how effective they are, especially during ice out.

Offline ice88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 28, 2015, 06:38 PM »
Trapper 2000 it is not cold enough  why have them on now just let us fish a little  longer  lol

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Mar 28, 2015, 07:51 PM »
I dont like bubblers but we live in 'merica, a land where you can be a dbag if you so choose.  I see a number of property owners around LG don't mind that choice...specifically the guy at vets who isn't using a bubbler for anything but hurting the access. 

Now...let me fall in somewhere near someones bubbler and see how much they like me afterwards! 

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Mar 28, 2015, 07:54 PM »
look at it this way ice   if they been on and  the ice near the docks is already thin ....what difference does it make  if they are on????  that ice isn'tcoming back bubblers aren't hurting  you why worry about them?.....I'm sure most people  just havn't  turned them off  and why should they  ....  better to be safe then sorry ....if I had a  nice  dock and  invested a lot of money in it I'd leave them on till ice out

Offline Loso015

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Mar 28, 2015, 08:08 PM »
Don't worry you can all whine even harder in a few weeks when the ice is all gone.  ;D

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Mar 28, 2015, 08:42 PM »
I think it's going to go pretty fast  from here out

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10 on: Mar 28, 2015, 08:51 PM »
Don't worry you can all whine even harder in a few weeks when the ice is all gone.  ;D

Or Ill bring my boat and continue to smash fish?!?!!  ;D

Offline Loso015

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Mar 28, 2015, 09:06 PM »
My boats underneath alot  >:( But shes pretty. Can't wait for that. New sonar to put on when I dig her out

Offline bird21s

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Mar 28, 2015, 09:40 PM »
The town bubbler at huddle destroyed that access's two weeks ago. The idea of a bubbler makes sense to eliminate the pressure of ice crushing the docks. But like stated above, more damage occurs from wind blown chunks from this point forward. And ice eaters are far worse then a bubbler. The bubblers at diamond point make it impossible to access unless it's extremely cold. Even then there's limited time to access. That dock is a overbuilt crib dock that could handle the minihaha crashing into it. No need for the bubblers there IMO. 

The guy at vets clearly hates the sleds dragging early in the morning by his house. I say some one gets an air boat and gives him drive bys every hour on the hour all summer long!!   Gotta beat them at their own game.

Offline NatefishNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Mar 28, 2015, 09:47 PM »
I think it's going to go pretty fast  from here out

I think your right, especially with the warmer temps coming this week... at least the areas south of the northern dacks
            P.E.T.A. = People Eating Tasty Animals

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14 on: Mar 29, 2015, 04:12 AM »
The town bubbler at huddle destroyed that access's two weeks ago. The idea of a bubbler makes sense to eliminate the pressure of ice crushing the docks. But like stated above, more damage occurs from wind blown chunks from this point forward. And ice eaters are far worse then a bubbler. The bubblers at diamond point make it impossible to access unless it's extremely cold. Even then there's limited time to access. That dock is a overbuilt crib dock that could handle the minihaha crashing into it. No need for the bubblers there IMO. 

The guy at vets clearly hates the sleds dragging early in the morning by his house. I say some one gets an air boat and gives him drive bys every hour on the hour all summer long!!   Gotta beat them at their own game.

Don't worry, he's going to hear what a 140 looper sounds like out of water...at 5am.....it could wake dead people.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15 on: Mar 29, 2015, 05:12 AM »
GREAT IDEA!!!! that will assure good relations with land owners! not to mention how many others your going to upset and  how  upset the  local police are going to get at fisherman harassing home owners .... you guys got a great plan!!!! :roflmao:

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Mar 29, 2015, 05:27 AM »
If you want to see what ice can do to a dock just take a look at what it did to Cotton point Rd. Was there Friday and it pushed the imbankment so hard it buckled the blacktop along the road for about 30 yards. I admit there are places that don't need bubblers, BUT if I have a dock that cost a lot of money I would want to protect it the best I could. Iv'e heard crying about the bubblers since I have been a member since 08 and FYI The bubblers aren't going anywhere.
Tight lines till next year for me.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17 on: Mar 29, 2015, 05:37 AM »
          Some of the bubblers, actually ice eaters are too powerful, they don't need to be so powerful. In the old days bubblers were actually
          air compressors blowing bubblers, they did the job and didn't open up much area. Then Ice eaters were invented, the move so much
          water that makes such big areas are clear. As stated before damage is done to docks when large junks of ice are blown in to them.
          I think there should be a Regulation on Horsepower and cubic feet of water it moves. I know we all are regulated enough, but part of
          this is also a safety issue. The property owners own their docks but don't own the water that their docks are in. JMI

IW

Offline Shouldabeenhereyesterday

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Mar 29, 2015, 06:09 AM »
Sorry guys but I have to agree with the land owners, if I spend big bucks on a dock last thing I'm worried about is people having access for ice fishing!  I'm going to protect my investment, it's not just the moving chunks that do damage.  And just like trap said,  some of you have great ideas to LOSE access.  If they are using bubbles just to piss you guys off like u say, let's stoop to their level and race by and make as much noise as possible etc.!!  Hate to tell you but the landowners will always win that one.

Offline bird21s

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Mar 29, 2015, 08:21 AM »
GREAT IDEA!!!! that will assure good relations with land owners! not to mention how many others your going to upset and  how  upset the  local police are going to get at fisherman harassing home owners .... you guys got a great plan!!!! :roflmao:

It was just a little sarcasm trap. Directed toward one guy. I'm pretty sure you don't fish lake George often. But I can almost guarantee that if you fished out of vets and saw the bubbler in question you of all people would have terrible things to say about the situation. Dec has the guy shut the bubbler off a couple of times a year. It's pointed directly at public access. He has a long sea wall and only the access and a small portion of the wall is open water. The section near the access. Of coarse nothing will change with bubblers, but I would agree with wander about horse power reductions.  Air boats are annoying and legal to drive. We will just make sure not to bring any fishing gear during the mission.  ;)

Offline Loso015

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Mar 29, 2015, 08:28 AM »
Its amazing how much you guys b***h. Tell someone whose going to make a change or shut up and fish elsewhere.  How many lakes we got? Its not their water. But its not yours either so give it up or go rally in albany and make a change.  Crying just makes you look dumb

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #21 on: Mar 29, 2015, 02:43 PM »
Its amazing how much you guys b***h. Tell someone whose going to make a change or shut up and fish elsewhere.  How many lakes we got? Its not their water. But its not yours either so give it up or go rally in albany and make a change.  Crying just makes you look dumb
            Actually there is a Lake George Association, and I will attend one of their meetings to make an effort for them to put a horsepower restriction and cubic feet of water that an ice eater can be. Remember there is a lot of revenue from ice fishermen, some come and stay in motel, others spend money in restaurants, bait shops gas stations and other business. Do you sir want to tell them that they can't make a living because some rich guy wants to flaunt his muscle on how big his ice eater is. Just like in any other activity there is a compromise
between land owner and fishermen.

IW

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22 on: Mar 29, 2015, 03:12 PM »

It was just a little sarcasm trap. Directed toward one guy. I'm pretty sure you don't fish lake George often. But I can almost guarantee that if you fished out of vets and saw the bubbler in question you of all people would have terrible things to say about the situation. Dec has the guy shut the bubbler off a couple of times a year. It's pointed directly at public access. He has a long sea wall and only the access and a small portion of the wall is open water. The section near the access. Of coarse nothing will change with bubblers, but I would agree with wander about horse power reductions.  Air boats are annoying and legal to drive. We will just make sure not to bring any fishing gear during the mission.  ;)

Thank you.  I was joking....but ya screw that guy at vets! 

Offline ice88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Mar 29, 2015, 06:01 PM »

I was there the other day look closer to how it hook up held together with wire nuts

Offline ice88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Mar 29, 2015, 06:03 PM »
hey it not making  ice they can turn  them off

Offline ice88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Mar 29, 2015, 06:04 PM »
            Actually there is a Lake George Association, and I will attend one of their meetings to make an effort for them to put a horsepower restriction and cubic feet of water that an ice eater can be. Remember there is a lot of revenue from ice fishermen, some come and stay in motel, others spend money in restaurants, bait shops gas stations and other business. Do you sir want to tell them that they can't make a living because some rich guy wants to flaunt his muscle on how big his ice eater is. Just like in any other activity there is a compromise
between land owner and fishermen.

IW

let me know when u r going I be there too

Offline bird21s

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Mar 29, 2015, 06:24 PM »

Hmmm, who looks dumb?
Fisherman complaining and tossing around some thoughts on a situation.  Or the guy/guys that continuously complain about guys complaining? 

You never know Who reads these forums, a guy could take the ideas we have on issues we run into and bring them up at important meetings. They could be solutions we offer through are so called "crying". Guys may realize others feel the same way about a situation and band together to resolve it. Not everyone accepts things for the way they are. Go fish some place else you say. The next nearest public access is 5 miles down the road. That too has a bubbler.  So let's go even further down the road another 3-4 miles. Send all the fisherman to that one small bay. After that there's diamond point. Same issue a town bubbler. Used to go through a gentlemans  yard to avoid it, until it became private to ice fishing tours. From there it's hearthstone then the beach. The areas with bubblers do freeze but it takes a while during first ice, and they become unsafe way earlier then the lake. 

Soo loso, if you have nothing constructive to add to this topic, about why bubblers are still bubbling into the spring. I suggest you get your saws ready instead of "crying" about guys "crying" it makes you look dumb!!!

Offline ice88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Mar 29, 2015, 06:34 PM »
Bird21s hey it was nice meeting u we should take guys out show them how to get the perch 75bucks  per person they always  asking me where to go I think we could make so good money lol

Offline bird21s

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Mar 29, 2015, 06:43 PM »
It was good to meet you also ice. I say we keep the good perch for ourselves lol. We can take them out for half price for half sized perch. Trouble is once you give up the perch bed it's a one time sale. Plus terry would stuff us down a hole. Maybe we can hook up for fishing over the summer, I do a lot of Champlain fishing for cats. Don't have to worrie about bubblers lol

Offline ice88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Mar 29, 2015, 06:52 PM »
Bird21s hey let go after  some crappies I know a few spot

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.