The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Has anyone checked out the ice on Colchester Pond?  (Read 560 times)

Offline ISLAND STORM

• Team IceShanty Regular
Has anyone checked out the ice on Colchester Pond?
« on: Mar 27, 2015, 08:33 AM »
Just wondering if this warm spell wrecked the ice...may have some time this weekend to do some fishing with my son but the weather this week has got me wondering.

Thanks for any replies
My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

Tight lines and be safe.

Offline Registered Kayak

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ..............and then there were none.
Re: Has anyone checked out the ice on Colchester Pond?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 28, 2015, 11:32 AM »
It was getting real swampy near the shore earlier this week, although you may even see a single person running 10 tip ups out there too. those 16" pike are veterans this year.

Offline ISLAND STORM

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Has anyone checked out the ice on Colchester Pond?
« Reply #2 on: Mar 28, 2015, 03:01 PM »
Only had a few hours this morning but my son and I hit the ice from 9 til 12.  We landed a few dozen small wormy perch. Set up a few tip ups near the cove by the dam but didnt have much action. A few flags but no hook ups. The ice was ok where we were at about 6 good inches and a few below it looking really ugly. Havent had the chance to fish much this year so it was just nice to get out.
My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

Tight lines and be safe.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.