Author Topic: Edges  (Read 640 times)

Offline jss111678

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Edges
« on: Mar 27, 2015, 06:49 AM »
We got a good amount of rain, how did the edges hold up? I am going out tonight and think most are still good even if I have to plank it. anyone else going or know.

Offline NewGuy123

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Edges
« Reply #1 on: Mar 27, 2015, 07:19 AM »
Depends on the lake,  a week ago one of the lakes i went to didnt have ice 6 ft out from the edges,   had to run across a scetchy "plank"
judging by the ice on batterson last weekend i think they should still be relitivley solid  though its always a good idea to bring a plank this time of year

Offline jss111678

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 27, 2015, 07:35 AM »
Thanks I have a bridge lol, a 4*8 board with 2 boards under it for strength

Offline Blowin Holes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 27, 2015, 08:16 AM »
yea id say a plank is a must so u dont end up having to turn around and go home. i even packed hip boots just incase. ill be riding around on an iceberg a month from now.     Im headed to Big Pond in Windham this afternoon to see if the bite is on in this low pressure.  :tipup:

Offline NewGuy123

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 27, 2015, 08:22 AM »
Thanks I have a bridge lol, a 4*8 board with 2 boards under it for strength
Much better then the "plank" i used the other day
was an old broken section of a  fence  that was already cracked  and falling appart
will still try to make it out to batterson tonight as long as it isnt pouring rain,  though i only have dead bait left,

Offline icechaser

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 27, 2015, 09:52 PM »
I used to bring chest waders to climb on the ice late season; now I fish ponds that I can just walk right onto right up until april-The only places I ever plank anymore are keeny+portland& that's just because they're tidal.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.