Author Topic: Fish Pond-Columbia  (Read 686 times)

Offline dennisg34

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to fish!
Fish Pond-Columbia
« on: Mar 27, 2015, 01:35 AM »
Has anyone fished here before? F&G site says there's Larrys, bows and brookies. Wondering if anyone can confirm/deny this as I'm driving up to my dad's in stewartstown and figured I'd stop by here on the way up for a couple hours. PM me if necessary on advice, thanks!

-DG34

Offline jellyroll44

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • may your lines be tight and your woman not so much
Re: Fish Pond-Columbia
« Reply #1 on: Mar 27, 2015, 06:38 AM »
Thought  it was a trout pond ? I may be wrong! Very shallow! Lots of milfoil. Troll up top! Lol

Offline dennisg34

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to fish!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 27, 2015, 06:41 AM »
Thought  it was a trout pond ? I may be wrong! Very shallow! Lots of milfoil. Troll up top! Lol

Nah from the F&G site, it's not a designated trout pond:) one person on FB told me the edges are weedy so to head to the middle where it's like 10 feet deep lol. Figured I'd try it. There's a pond right next to it that's a trout pond though

Offline mikeypnh

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 27, 2015, 04:21 PM »
Has anyone fished here before? F&G site says there's Larrys, bows and brookies. Wondering if anyone can confirm/deny this as I'm driving up to my dad's in stewartstown and figured I'd stop by here on the way up for a couple hours. PM me if necessary on advice, thanks!

-DG34

It's all true! I went there a few years ago and trolled a fly for some trout. Got the Rainbows and Brookies, and a few bass even hit while trolling (thought I had a big trout!) Like someone said it's pretty shallow and even it the middle of the lake the weeds can extend to the top of the water in the summer, had to try to maneuver around them with my boat to avoid any snags. It was a lot of fun, though. My buddy even caught a brookie in the lily pads near shore on a senko. Weird, wild stuff.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.