The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Makin lemonade outta lemons  (Read 3204 times)

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it was easy they would call it catching
Makin lemonade outta lemons
« on: Mar 26, 2015, 09:14 PM »
Well end of the season is rapidly approaching and my season has been lack luster to say the best.  Only managed to get out 7 times all season due to some freekin vertigo issues.  Wouldn't wish this on anyone (other than AirborneIcer82's exwife  :woot: ).  Glad I got to spend what time I did this season with a great group of guys from this site.  The company can't get any better and I can't wait to do it again next year on the ice with you guys and hopefully some new faces.  I hope to see some of you during the softwater to continue bassin (maybe a few trout attempts thrown in also they are tasty).   To those I might have offended I do apologize. I guess being cooped up in the house and not out on the ice drove me a little stir crazy this year.  I hope everyone had a wonderful season and stay safe for what is left of this season.  Remember there is NO "SAFE ICE" this time of year.  It can change in a matter of hours.  I don't wanna read about any of you guys in the paper.

OH The LEMONADE part.....   Seeing as I couldn't use them I still got 11 suckers in my bait tank in the basement going from 4" to about 7"  ;D ;D  Wonder if big sallies outta the Chu will like them?
It is MY responsibility to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now. Make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day. They might show up if there is enough staff working.

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
Re: Makin lemonade outta lemons
« Reply #1 on: Mar 26, 2015, 11:53 PM »
Well said Ed! We will certainly be getting some biggies from the boat!

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Mar 27, 2015, 03:12 AM »
Ed if you fish those suckers dead with the stomachs cut, on the bottom with a fish finder rig, you will really enjoy the results.

Offline craiger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Swedish steel is for real
« Reply #3 on: Mar 27, 2015, 06:02 AM »
Haha, one of my fav simpsons episodes!  Glad I got to witness your biggie at ripple this year Ed.  Seeing you revive your spilled shiners comes in at a close second :)

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 27, 2015, 07:03 AM »
Ed if you fish those suckers dead with the stomachs cut, on the bottom with a fish finder rig, you will really enjoy the results.

What is a fish finder rig?
It is MY responsibility to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now. Make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day. They might show up if there is enough staff working.

Offline lenz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 'Ice Only' Fisherman
« Reply #5 on: Mar 27, 2015, 07:14 AM »
plastic with metal clip that allows line to run through and clip on a weight. allows fish to take bait and leave weight where it is. put on the fishfinder, barrel swivel and your leader

burp
Member of G.O.D.S

One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 27, 2015, 07:17 AM »
plastic with metal clip that allows line to run through and clip on a weight. allows fish to take bait and leave weight where it is. put on the fishfinder, barrel swivel and your leader

burp

I know what you are talking about now.  Never knew the name of it.

And why run them dead?

Offline lavaman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 27, 2015, 07:42 AM »
lakers are used to eatin dead stuff off the bottom. fresh dead is better thou. thanks for the apology but not necessary. we all know that your a bit loopy  ::) I would love to see a video or anything you have on the spilled minnows incident please. lol

Offline Jschumacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats walking on water. Life Member NAFC
« Reply #8 on: Mar 27, 2015, 07:47 AM »
I have about 100 of them. I'll give you some
Hard water Tight lines Flags up. Doesn't get any better than that

Member of the G.O.D.S

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Mar 27, 2015, 08:13 AM »

And why run them dead?

Dont forget, the use of any lead, regardless of weight, is illegal at the Chu and Q. I have had the EPO ask me to pull my line in to check.
Official Member of The G.I.T.s, Gods In Training 1/2014
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

Offline Jschumacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats walking on water. Life Member NAFC
« Reply #10 on: Mar 27, 2015, 10:43 AM »

And why run them dead?

Ed Lakers will often run through bait fish chew to kil and let them drop then come back around and pick them up. If you cut the bellies the guts and blood will bleed out seasoning the water. You might get a Monsta. Fishing dead bait for big lakers can be like fishing dead bait for big pike. Very productive ;)
Hard water Tight lines Flags up. Doesn't get any better than that

Member of the G.O.D.S

Offline craiger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Mar 27, 2015, 02:14 PM »
Can you use an egg sinker in place of the ff rig?  I was checking them out today and wondered if the extra doohickey between the weight and the line would make much difference.

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Mar 27, 2015, 05:57 PM »
lakers are used to eatin dead stuff off the bottom. fresh dead is better thou. thanks for the apology but not necessary. we all know that your a bit loopy  ::) I would love to see a video or anything you have on the spilled minnows incident please. lol

Kev the spilled shiners happened my first trip out this season.  Had them strapped to the sled going over the wind row near where we got on and the sled rode up it a little crooked and tips over 😦 Lid pops off the bucket and spills all 2dz shiners into a puddle next to one of the wood posts.  Not a hole in site and it is COLD so I am throwing them into the 1" of water in the bottom of my bucket wondering if they are going to freeze.  Luckily for me Craig pulls in and drills a hole for me so I can get some water in the bucket.  Sorry to say that there is no video to post for you. 

Offline craiger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Mar 27, 2015, 09:22 PM »
I didn't see the actual spill, but now that I've gotten to know Ed I wish I had.  ;) I think the my favorite part was when Ed asked me if I had an auger. 

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14 on: Mar 28, 2015, 07:57 AM »
I didn't see the actual spill, but now that I've gotten to know Ed I wish I had.  ;) I think the my favorite part was when Ed asked me if I had an auger. 

I can only imagine how that would go. Hep starts the auger up, gets it in position, and starts running around it in circles, moments later telling you it cuts like s#it lol.. Sorry Ed, no more vertigo jokes i promise.

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Mar 28, 2015, 08:07 AM »
I can only imagine how that would go. Hep starts the auger up, gets it in position, and starts running around it in circles, moments later telling you it cuts like s#it lol.. Sorry Ed, no more vertigo jokes i promise.

He runs a hand auger 😊  Vertigo is gone knock on wood.  I'm hoping that it stays gone.

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #16 on: Mar 28, 2015, 09:57 AM »
How's the lemonade today? Good and cold?

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17 on: Mar 28, 2015, 04:31 PM »
Dont forget, the use of any lead, regardless of weight, is illegal at the Chu and Q. I have had the EPO ask me to pull my line in to check.

Thank you king googan.  :P  We all use rusty steel barrel sinkers! 

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18 on: Mar 28, 2015, 08:17 PM »
Thanks you king googan.  :P  We all use rusty steel barrel sinkers!

King googan  ???

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #19 on: Mar 29, 2015, 04:20 AM »
Free lemonade lake Ripple today. A mixture of cold & warm ingredients for this special homemade lemonade . 😆🍻

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20 on: Mar 29, 2015, 04:50 AM »
King googan  ???

Ya know, king of the googans!  Im messing with you for the lead comment.  We all know that.

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #21 on: Mar 29, 2015, 06:54 AM »
Take you're lemonade fishing and drink it.

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22 on: Mar 29, 2015, 07:47 AM »
Ya know, king of the googans!  Im messing with you for the lead comment.  We all know that.

I guess im just a little confused as to how pointing out a Chu specific reg makes me a Googan.

Perhaps you arent aware of the definition of the word?
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Googan

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23 on: Mar 29, 2015, 10:29 AM »
I guess im just a little confused as to how pointing out a Chu specific reg makes me a Googan.

Perhaps you arent aware of the definition of the word?
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Googan

You point it out to guys who clearly know the reg and when no one mentioned using lead.  Super googan.

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24 on: Mar 29, 2015, 10:36 AM »
You point it out to guys who clearly know the reg.  Super googan.

870 views on this thread. Are you saying every person who read it knew this reg?

Anyway Im done here. This has reached a whole new level of stupid. I can feel my IQ dropping with every post you make.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25 on: Mar 29, 2015, 10:39 AM »
Buh bye now!  Wouldn't be a season on shanty without heckling you a bit.   @)

Offline BJ

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLAAAAGGGGG!!!
« Reply #26 on: Mar 29, 2015, 11:50 AM »
No need to push peoples buttons.

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Mar 29, 2015, 12:25 PM »
No need to push peoples buttons.

Hey I apologized for me being grouchy this year.

Jon and Will quit fighting on my damn thread. 

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #28 on: Mar 29, 2015, 01:57 PM »
Maybe if you would all just drink some damn lemonade and get out on the ice with your lemonade you might catch a big lemonade colored perch. Then you can toast🍻 the lemonade to a great day on the ice with your ice cold lemonade chilling in the Icehole. Mmmm icy cold lemonade to make your day sweet and lemoney swell.👍😎 bahahahahaha

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #29 on: Mar 29, 2015, 02:52 PM »
Hey I apologized for me being grouchy this year.

Jon and Will quit fighting on my damn thread.

Whos fighting Ed?  Now your gonna nanny the thread?? I'm breaking will's stones while pike fishing.  You need to go fish.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.