Author Topic: Ram mount on sled  (Read 2108 times)

Offline Uncle Al

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • STAND FOR THE FLAG, KNEEL FOR THE CROSS
Ram mount on sled
« on: Mar 25, 2015, 07:38 AM »
I want to mount something on the dash of a new to me snowmobile that will hold an I phone or a gps or some type of fish finder. From what I've read everyone says to use a ram mount, well after googling ram mounts, I'm looking at a screen full of different ones that will hold everything from a small tv to a microwave oven. Some have screws holding it onto dashboards, some have suction cups. Can you guys that use this type of mount post pics, or describe which one you use to help me out. Thanks. Also what kind of abuse did your stuff take riding on the dash?

Offline .204

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Ram mount on sled
« Reply #1 on: Mar 25, 2015, 08:40 AM »
http://www.amazon.com/Zinc-Coated-U-Bolt-Mounting-Base/dp/B0012TWRAO/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1427290701&sr=8-8&keywords=ram+mount

Have one of these on our four wheeler handle bar that holds my elite 7 or H2OC.  Find the mount that fits your device and your set.  Very sturdy and yes ram is the best

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #2 on: Mar 25, 2015, 06:10 PM »
I went with a Ram handle bar mount.
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline Uncle Al

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 26, 2015, 06:27 AM »
 Find the mount that fits your device

where do you find the mount that fits your device? does the mount screw or clip onto the back of whatever you're using? thanks

Offline Uncle Al

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Mar 26, 2015, 06:52 AM »
My bad, I did a search for ram mounts and found on the ram website a lot of mounts for different devices. There was a lot of pics of fish finders but the pics only showed the front, and not the back.

Bart, how does your MARK 4 hook onto the mount?

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #5 on: Mar 26, 2015, 06:58 AM »
Find the mount that fits your device

where do you find the mount that fits your device? does the mount screw or clip onto the back of whatever you're using? thanks

My mount is on this page, pic shows you it hooks up. Also chick on it and there is a video showing everything. Start here do a little searching around for your device.

http://www.rammount.com/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&query=fishfinders
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline Uncle Al

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Mar 26, 2015, 07:44 AM »
I did watch some of the videos on the ram site, and utube, don't have a device yet, just looking for something to use in the boat and on the sled. Thanks

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #7 on: Mar 26, 2015, 08:34 AM »
I did watch some of the videos on the ram site, and utube, don't have a device yet, just looking for something to use in the boat and on the sled. Thanks

Here's my Mark 4 mounted for use during the open-water season. All I have to do is unplug it on the sled(single cable, I only use it as GPS with the Navonics chip), lift it off the mount on the sled and put it on the mount on the boat and plug it in(I have a double cable on the boat for using the Fishfinder and GPS with Navonics).
  Keep America Godly...

Offline Uncle Al

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Mar 28, 2015, 06:39 AM »
another question I've got about an Iphone is, can they be easily read as you're driving on the ice? I wear glasses and if I wear a full face helmet, I have to take the glasses off then I can't even read the speedometer, I since started wearing an open faced helmet and can wear my glasses as I ride, makes it easier watching the miles click by as I'm going to a certain spot on the ice. I have considered using a motorola tablet which is bigger than an I phone, and I have one so I wouldn't have to buy it. I'll have to see if I can find a mount for that. Thanks.

Offline Uncle Al

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Mar 30, 2015, 05:59 PM »
watched some utube vids, there's mounts for everything. Balls from 1in to 3in, they claim the 3in should be used for fish finders on boats, seem like overkill using a mount that big. Bart what size do you use for your mark 4?

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #10 on: Mar 30, 2015, 06:49 PM »
Must be a 1" ball.
  Keep America Godly...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.