Author Topic: Pigeon lake underwater pike  (Read 742 times)

Offline Brandon

• Team IceShanty Addict
Pigeon lake underwater pike
« on: Mar 24, 2015, 10:23 AM »

Underwater Video of the Jaw Jacker in action on a very tough day of fishing March Friday the 13th. The weather was beautiful warm, calm and sunny but the fish were in an ultra negative mood. So much so we thought there weren't any fish in the area from watching our MarCum. Turns out there were lots of fish in our area and instead of our jigging action pulling fish in to the bait it was actually turning them off before they were even seen on the sonar. This is where the Jaw Jacker's were excelling. I learned a few things from this video. The pike were getting off because I had a light line on the rod and reel so I think the monofilament was stretching too much to get a good hook set. Also since the fish were in such a negative mood they wouldn't even fight after the hook set so they would create their own slack and just spit the hook. So on slow days it really does call for a Jaw Jacker rigged with braided line, a good stiff rod and loaded with lots of tension. That way the fish will hopefully still be there when you get to the rod on those slow fishing days. Check out the video I learned a lot from watching it after and hope you do too. Northern Pike behavior on an off fishing day.
THE FISHING DOCTORS ADVENTURES https://www.youtube.com/user/Brandonkop

Offline cube3

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Pigeon lake underwater pike
« Reply #1 on: Mar 24, 2015, 02:06 PM »
thanks for posting it Brandon

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
Re: Pigeon lake underwater pike
« Reply #2 on: Apr 01, 2015, 10:16 PM »
Good underwater video of the pike and the walleye video later on.  :)
always neat to see fish in their own environment. @)

Man, sometimes when the fish are off, a person has to make major changes to get them to bite.
The jaw jacker payed off for sure on that trip. :)

WW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.