The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: New video from the Bigwiggle. Slammer Perch in Southern Vermont  (Read 747 times)

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Love IceFishing for SMELT,PERCH,BLUEGILLS,CRAPPIE,
Hey guys,
I fished all weekend in Vermont and I had a blast !! The fishing could of been a little better but that's fishing.  :-\ I mostly Fished Emerald Lake in Dorset , Vt and caught some Nice SLAMMER PERCH  :o :o :o both on Saturday and Sunday. I did not catch allot but the ones i did catch were all Pigs!!! The bite was very tough and the perch were being very finicky , you basically had to piss them off  :%$#!: :%$#!:so they would bite your jig. One thing i noticed is that you could not stop your jig from moving when they came in to look at your jig, if you did then they would dart off, so i always keep the jig moving until they bite.
I did managed to make it over Bomo on Saturday but once again the bite was slow and only managed a few Perch , but i still have faith That Bomo will get hot in the next couple of weeks with late Ice. It seems the perch are still hanging around the deep water at Bomo but i feel like they should start seeing them in the shallow very soon, so if you are looking for good late ice perch spots on Bomo check out the little bays and points, they should hold decent perch in the coming weeks. I will tell you one of my favorite spots for late ice perch on bomo is off prospect point and in the bay around the corner. You want to be in water of 13-18 feet. If you guys remember the last two videos i did last year and i was catching those big perch , that was the area i was in. Hopefully this will help you guys out and good luck out there and i look forward to seeing you in the Ice.

Take Care and enjoy the Video

Bigwiggle

I do all types of fishing; but I am Die hard Ice angler.
I love Ice Fishing the lakes of Rutland County. Recently moved to NY and now will be Ice fishing the Lakes Of New York.

Offline Light liner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.
Uh,ok..................................
That was awkward.
Champlain
Memphremagog

Offline Troutmagnet

• Team IceShanty Addict
Fun video. Nice perch!!!

Offline ICE_HOOK

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fish now or never !!!!!!!
Nice! Bank too steep to climb this year! Ha

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum