Author Topic: Still good ice  (Read 1157 times)

Offline INABIL

• IceShanty Rookie
Still good ice
« on: Mar 23, 2015, 02:25 AM »
I only go out for 2-3 hrs. at a time and if I land a few fish I'm happy. Last weekend we had between 17 and 19 inches, this weekend there was between 16 and 18 inches and could walk on without using a board.
Bill

2-jig poles, hand auger,camelback pack and collapsable chair over my shoulder. I like to travel light.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
Re: Still good ice
« Reply #1 on: Mar 23, 2015, 05:08 AM »
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Up here in the Adirondacks, we still have 20" of ice on Lake George, only a few spots you can't get on due to dock ice
                 eaters. Ice is great for getting around, easy walking. I'm headed out this morning.

IW

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 23, 2015, 09:55 AM »
No safe good ice around these parts. Tried last Sat on Lake Delavan. Had a couple of reports of numerous crappie being pulled up the holes. It usually has good ice several weeks after ice around here is gone or bad. Went out with my 30 year old nephew. With picks of life, long rope and life vests. Made it on the ice went about a hundred yards and then the cracking started. Everywhere I stepped Cracks were a running. We turned around at that point and gingerly made our way off. Crappies being pulled through a hole. Will have to wait till next ice season around here.  :'(
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline pastaboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FISH - ON!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 23, 2015, 09:25 PM »
Still a few lakes here that are fishable. I have a couple buddies going out yet, fishing has been slowing down for them. I myself called it a season. Want to get a few projects done and prep for "soft water" season. My backside is looking forward to a "soft" boat seat.......

Offline PabstBlueRibbon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 24, 2015, 12:13 AM »
still have semi good ice up here but if it rains this week like it says its going to than my seasons done

Offline Zeker259

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 24, 2015, 06:53 AM »
20" to 30" and 7 degrees out now. Glad I got that new ION this year.  :)

:thumbsup: :icefish:
Fishy, Fishy down the hole. Please come here and bend my pole. I jig and jig you take my hook and then I take you home to cook.

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 24, 2015, 11:13 PM »
20" to 30" and 7 degrees out now. Glad I got that new ION this year.  :)

:thumbsup: :icefish:

You did not show a location so do we assume you are still fishing in your profile location Central NY which is a large area, can you narrow that down a little ???

Offline Zeker259

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 25, 2015, 12:03 AM »
You did not show a location so do we assume you are still fishing in your profile location Central NY which is a large area, can you narrow that down a little ???

Oneida/Cazenovia/Jamesville, just wish the catching was as good as the conditions.

:whistle: :icefish:
Fishy, Fishy down the hole. Please come here and bend my pole. I jig and jig you take my hook and then I take you home to cook.

Offline twilomad

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Mar 27, 2015, 11:39 AM »
i am in lower New York. Just phoned my local bait shop in The Poconos. They said there were still brave souls out there on the ice....

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it was easy they would call it catching
« Reply #9 on: Mar 27, 2015, 05:45 PM »
Still plenty of ice around here.  Some need a plank for the edges some don't.  This is the last weekend if I had to guess.
It is MY responsibility to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now. Make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day. They might show up if there is enough staff working.

Offline Big Ice Hole

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Mar 27, 2015, 07:31 PM »
Don't know,but I'll find out in the morning. Finger Lakes area.
Born to fish, Forced to work.

Offline deadsmelthead

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Length 47 3/4 " Girth 24" NY Northern Pike
« Reply #11 on: Mar 27, 2015, 10:09 PM »
was out tuesday in here in NY in the ADKs  still great ice 30" for the most part 90% is solid black
TeamNumbnutts on youtube ... Subscribe !
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=teamnumbnutts&sm=3

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.