Author Topic: What do you set your LX-7 on or in seeing a 5 gal pail is too small ?  (Read 990 times)

Offline arrow2968

• IceShanty Rookie
Give me some ideas guys !

Offline arrow2968

• IceShanty Rookie
22 views and not one idea. This is the same site that turned my buddy heater into a cooking machine. And please dont make me ask Smitty.

Offline Mr. Freeze Miser

• Team IceShanty Regular
I use a square pail and the unit fits fine in it and on top of it... I have been using this set-up for 3 years and have no issues with my unit. I line the bottom with a piece of foam and  i cut a piece of foam for the top when it sits in the bucket for travel.  I bought mine from US Plastics...look up square pail...5 Gallon Pail 11-3/4" Sq. x 14-5/8" H...lid is purchased separately   

Offline Fishin2

• IceShanty Rookie
restaurants usually get mayonnaise in square bucket with lids, ask a few of em, a kitty litter bucket works well too, not round, won't roll as easy !!

Offline arrow2968

• IceShanty Rookie
Thanks guys I knew you wouldnt let me down.

Offline staggerin

• Team IceShanty Addict
I'm building an arm that mounts to the seat of my otter lodge. Hopefully its strong enough to support my lx-9
Look at me I can walk on water

Offline buz23

• Team IceShanty Addict
If its not too cold I put my LX-7 on one side or the other of a front shelf I put on my Smitty.  I bring the sled right next to the hole and drop the puck in.

If its snowy this doesn't work too well because the skis get fouled from being on the water near the hole.  In this case I have a smaller kitty litter bucket with a lid.  My tackle goes inside the bucket, but the LX-7 sits on top just right and doesn't get wet and messy from being on the ice.

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Somebody has to say it .... sell it and buy a vex that fits on a 5 gallon pail    ;D
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
mine fits my tubs/sleds just fine and doesn't need to be in any thing else if i am to use it, i use either the cabelas plain extra large sled or the shappell fx100 tub just fine. for fishing with it, i will either drill a hole next to the tub and drop the ducer in to find fish or bottom or both.

if scouting w/o the tub next to me, then of coarse it goes on the ice and i get on a knee or sit on one or both feet while fishing that hole.

maybe if i was using a snow machine of some kind, it should be in a hard case of some kind.

i'll set up a shack if i think i need to stay put for the duration (strong winds), it goes on top of what ever bucket i want to use thats with me. normally it goes on top of a rectangle litter bucket that has a lid that swings open and has my heater, lantern, 1# propane bottle and stand for it, all inside. thats the only time it goes on top of any thing for viewing.

i keep an empty bucket inside another with gear in the inner one. the outer one can be used for several things, like an extra dead man rig, carry fish home with ice shavings, flip upside down for a a table top or seat, hold a minnow bucket from leaking all over.
also, i cut the top third of a 5 gal bucket to put on top of another 5 gal bucket to help protect my rods. so its an extension if you will for my rod holder.
so i carry that bucket, the litter bucket with heater ect, the bucket inside a full bucket of gear. so i carry 4 buckets every trip.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
I believe it may fit inside a plastic storage/file box or even a half a file box ...on slushy days can turn it over ..or just to get it higher... less strain on your neck in your shelter
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.