The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Moving.  (Read 2255 times)

Offline kguerrette

• IceShanty Rookie
Moving.
« on: Mar 22, 2015, 12:27 PM »
Well guys and gals decided that this winter kicked my ass. Were moving to Florida. Spent the weekend selling my hard water equipment. Auger gone, portable shack gone, flasher gone, just have traps and a couple sleds left. It was a hard decision but no more cold fishing for me. Island life is what its going to be on salt water canal! Salt Life!
If unsure of conditions on early Ice, always go with guys bigger than you. Let them go on first........

Offline Snopro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Why work when you can fish?
Re: Moving.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 22, 2015, 12:28 PM »
Well guys and gals decided that this winter kicked my ass. Were moving to Florida. Spent the weekend selling my hard water equipment. Auger gone, portable shack gone, flasher gone, just have traps and a couple sleds left. It was a hard decision but no more cold fishing for me. Island life is what its going to be on salt water canal! Salt Life!
Good luck, but bet you will be back!
Is it ice time yet???

Offline kguerrette

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 22, 2015, 12:29 PM »
Oh hell No! been to the south and missed it since I've been back!
If unsure of conditions on early Ice, always go with guys bigger than you. Let them go on first........

Offline kguerrette

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 22, 2015, 12:31 PM »
Bee came up bought my flasher and brought me up a mess of crappies for supper. Thanks Bee!

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 22, 2015, 12:39 PM »
Oh hell No! been to the south and missed it since I've been back!

My buddy moved back down to southwest Florida about 3 years ago. He loved ice fishing and was a die hard but he doesn't miss it a bit. Trolling for tarpon and snook year round is tough to beat.

I visit whenever i can  ;D
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline kguerrette

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 22, 2015, 12:42 PM »
yup already bought a 30 ft contender with 2 -350 HP motors. now were talking tight lines.

Offline MG39

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 22, 2015, 12:44 PM »
I think I would love Florida, I'd last about a week!

I call Florida the "elephant burial grounds". Everybody goes there to croak! ;D ;D
Man To Man Is So Unjust,
No Man Knows, Which Man To Trust,
I Have Trusted Many, To My Sorrow,
Pay Cash Today & I Will Trust Tomorrow,
Maybe......

Semper-Fi

Offline kguerrette

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Mar 22, 2015, 12:47 PM »
then that shall be lol

Offline jp

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Mar 22, 2015, 01:01 PM »
it was nice to meet you yesterday. good luck in florida.

Offline bee

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 22, 2015, 01:19 PM »
Again hope for the best. Thanks for the re buy.
Thats Why They Call It Fishing.

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Mar 22, 2015, 01:57 PM »
Watch out for the snakes, alligators, bugs and sinkholes. Traffic is bad. My truck won't go across the Maine line south.

Offline kguerrette

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Mar 22, 2015, 02:00 PM »
Again hope for the best. Thanks for the re buy.
No Problem Bee thanks again for the mess of Crappie! Making fish Taco tonight.

Offline kguerrette

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Mar 22, 2015, 02:01 PM »
it was nice to meet you yesterday. good luck in florida.
Thank you enjoy the portable Shack.

Offline Blue heron

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Mar 22, 2015, 02:14 PM »
Sorry your moving ,I moved back to waterville a couple years ago and just getting back in to ice fishing .lived in  Apache Junction ,Az. 9 years ,NO ICE there. 114 deg in summer.

Offline icewoman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Mar 22, 2015, 02:19 PM »
Wishing you the best, on your new adventure!   I could never leave this State, I enjoy and look forward to all 4 seasons!! ;D

QUIT WISHIN AND LETS GO FISHIN !!!

Offline EmeraldShiner

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Live on for those that have been lost.
« Reply #15 on: Mar 22, 2015, 03:44 PM »
Good Luck,

After 44 years in VacationLand and as far as I'm concerned the way life was meant to be for me, never gonna happen, love Maine and it's four seasons immensely.  Nothing can compare to trolling the lakes right after ice out in the North Country, with the spring colors of lime to deep grean spread out across the mountains plunging to waters edge.  Then all the beautiful weather that Maine's summer has to offer enjoying the Lakes and the sea shores.  Then the Maine fall approaches and the leaves on the trees burst into beautiful color contrasting the orange, yellow and amber leaves of the hardwoods with those green softwoods and it's time to take to the woods hunting partridge and then the monarch of the woods those huge dominant bucks that grow so big up here in the Northern Forests like no other.  Nope, I will live and die in the land I love so deeply, and a Hard Maine Winter spent chasing Native Brook Trout, Lake Trout and Whitefish is to me just icing on the Cake!

Maine is not for everyone,

Good luck on your journey south, hope you find some peace and a break from the crowds down there!
EmeraldShiner

Offline Sebago Bait

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Mar 22, 2015, 04:06 PM »
Good for you. Best of luck down there. I like ice fishing, snowmobiling & skiing, but I'm out of here for the winters eventually. I'll go south for the winters and return to Maine for the summers. I see many people do it, including my in laws to Arizona, then back to Sebago Lake for the summer. I've had my share of shoveling, plowing and bucket loaders and after this winter I'm sick of it. Two more years of high school for our daughter and then we have choices. I wish you and your family the best.
http://www.sebagobait.com/
483 Roosevelt Trail
Windham, ME  04062
207-894-7141
207-894-7143 (fax)

Hours:
Mon-Thurs 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Fri 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
Weekends starting at 5:00 am during ice fishing season (Jan 1, 2019)

THE HOME OF FREE AUGER BLADE SHARPENING

Offline drl823

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Mar 22, 2015, 04:23 PM »
Way too hot for me and all that humidity turns your hair silver blue!! :woot:

Offline StevenB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Mar 23, 2015, 01:14 AM »
Wishing you well with your migration south. I am sure you will also have many options of places to stay should you want to "visit" for a weekend of cold weather fishing in the future  ;D
take care, Steve

Offline joefishmore

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Mar 23, 2015, 06:09 AM »
Bee came up bought my flasher and brought me up a mess of crappies for supper. Thanks Bee!

Does Bee have more than one sounder ?

Offline Downeaster

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Mar 23, 2015, 06:56 AM »
Good luck, but bet you will be back!

Dont blame you at all.  Overall way better fishing too.

Offline hardwatergrampa

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Mar 23, 2015, 07:36 AM »
Good for you. Best of luck down there. I like ice fishing, snowmobiling & skiing, but I'm out of here for the winters eventually. I'll go south for the winters and return to Maine for the summers. I see many people do it, including my in laws to Arizona, then back to Sebago Lake for the summer. I've had my share of shoveling, plowing and bucket loaders and after this winter I'm sick of it. Two more years of high school for our daughter and then we have choices. I wish you and your family the best.
             and just who do you think is going to sell us our bait
in god we trust

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Mar 23, 2015, 07:50 AM »
good! now ill have a reason to go visit! always wanted a tarrpon. where in florida you going?

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Mar 23, 2015, 04:40 PM »
While your down there, be sure to go for some of those peacock bass that have become invasive, they are absolutely beautiful (oversized aquarium cichlid) and the South Americans say they are great eatting. Then take pics and post them on myfishfinder mainers page to gloat lol. Otherwise, best of luck with your move, and be careful, lots more dangerouse wildlife than here in Maine.

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Mar 24, 2015, 08:07 AM »
Florida!! The nutsack of the USA!
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline Anomaly

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Formerly clamfarmer
« Reply #25 on: Mar 24, 2015, 09:09 AM »
Catch some snook and red drum for me!
A buddy of mine down there fills his freezer with shrimp he catches himself!
Have fun AND
Don’t forget to write!  :thumbsup:
"You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear and that’s kind of the same thing.” 

Offline kguerrette

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Mar 29, 2015, 06:53 AM »
Thanks everyone. Yes we are moving to St. James city which is on pine island on the gulf cost on a salt water canal. This has some of the best red fish, snook, grunt, sheephead, sea trout, cat fish, grouper fishing in Florida so yes I'm looking forward to it. and of course wild boar hunting, turkey and deer as well. Oh and by the way my hair is already blue grey lol. Yes Steve your always welcome.

Offline The3Ps

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAAAGGGG!!!
« Reply #27 on: Mar 29, 2015, 07:05 AM »
Good luck, should only take you 5 or so years to get use to the summer time heat down that way. Plenty of great fishing to be had down that way so.. Tight lines my friend!

Patience, Persistence,Presentation

Offline kguerrette

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Mar 29, 2015, 08:40 AM »
I had bought his sounder and sold it back to him the other day. no sure what he wants with it. but if you know bee he has good stuff.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.