• Team IceShanty Regular
jigs
« on: Mar 22, 2015, 04:48 AM »
has anyone ever found Jigs in a fish

Offline gil_lunkage

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: jigs
« Reply #1 on: Mar 22, 2015, 07:02 AM »
Sure have.  The first time I was a kid and I found a floating jig head inside a rainbow trout stomach.  I didn't know floating jigs existed before that time.

Since then I have found ball jigs in bass and crappie.
"Don't hate me cause you ain't me"
~ Some Dude

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Mar 22, 2015, 07:07 AM »
I caught a steelhead in Oswego that had 3  flies in it's jaw one was mine from 2 days before

Offline jeffro9023

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 22, 2015, 07:39 AM »
caught a sheephead once that had a crappie rig hook in it with a dead sheephead attached to the other hook of the crappie rig. Iwas perch fishing and boy did i think i had a big perch on  :o...The sheephead wernt that big and who knows how long that live sheephead was towing around his buddy  :-\

Offline Eagle Ed

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • [img]http://i58tinypic.com/2n/c5jc.png[/img]
« Reply #4 on: Mar 22, 2015, 09:27 AM »
While fishing Lake Michigan off Port of Indiana breakwater I caught a steelhead on a 1/4 oz. blue/silver Little Cleo.  Hanging out of it's mouth was a silver 1/4 oz Little Cleo.  Have caught many perch/crappies/bluegills with small jigs hanging out of their mouths.

Eagle Ed

Offline bergal1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 22, 2015, 03:56 PM »
I am a fisherman since way back when.  I have found hooks in numerous fish over the years but never a lure. jig, etc.

Offline the Wizard

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Mar 22, 2015, 04:29 PM »
I've caught more than I can count with jigs, flies or lures in their mouth.    I caught a good size brown trout with a nylon stringer in its mouth, it had been there long enough to grow into its jaw.
                                                                                                                                                                 Wiz
If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. – Thomas Jefferson

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry. – Thomas Jefferson

Offline Clint S

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 22, 2015, 05:05 PM »
Seen a salmon in the river towing a flasher from the lake. Caught a pike a few weeks ago with 2 jigs in its mouth. Oddest catch was catching a steelhead and my hook was through the eye of another hook in it's mouth.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Mar 22, 2015, 06:16 PM »
once  bullhead fishing I  got  a  steelhead  on a  worm  it  had the  metal  clip off a  stringer  grown  in  it's  jaw  , had  to  have  been there a  long  time

Offline icejohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • kids love fishing too, take one
« Reply #9 on: Mar 22, 2015, 07:29 PM »
I lost one of my home made jigs in a steelhead while ice fishing for pan fish.......the next day fishing same area a fella fishing behind me caught a steelhead with my jig still in it's jaw.

Offline gmuddle

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Mar 22, 2015, 08:43 PM »
     Several years ago, while fishing bucktail jigs for walleye in a local river in November I lost several jigs on rubble below a railroad bridge.  One of the walleyes caught when cleaned had three of my bucktails, minnows still attached, in its stomach.  One hungry walleye.

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Mar 23, 2015, 06:42 AM »
Cant say ive caught fish with a jig in its stomache but have caught many aa fish with a jig in its jaw

Offline bigal409

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Mar 23, 2015, 07:21 AM »
Cant say ive caught fish with a jig in its stomache but have caught many aa fish with a jig in its jaw
Hey big guy. One of them wasn't the one that I lost when I was fishing with you was it?  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Mar 23, 2015, 07:27 AM »
Maybe if u were using a gold diamind jig :whistle: :whistle:

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Mar 23, 2015, 07:29 AM »
The fish was about 13 inches silver with black spots on it ;D

Offline alfed

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Mar 23, 2015, 08:52 AM »
Caught a rainbow on Skaneateles a few years back. I was amazed to see a jig and line hanging out of the anal port and about 18 inches of line hanging out of its mouth. How it got thru the entire digestive system without hurting the fish was beyond me? Until I saw it for myself I would have thought it impossible to happen without hurting the fish. But the fish was healthy and when I cleaned it I saw no evidence of internal damage that I could see.
"Can't catch'em if you are on the couch!"

Offline Eagle Ed

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • [img]http://i58tinypic.com/2n/c5jc.png[/img]
« Reply #16 on: Mar 23, 2015, 01:10 PM »
Actually I believe that was done by my proctologist, ;D ;D as he specializes in putting things through your entire digestive tract and leaving a little hanging out at the end.

Eagle Ed

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Mar 23, 2015, 04:32 PM »
 :roflmao: :-[ :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline merkleyb

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Guess where I am?
« Reply #18 on: Mar 24, 2015, 01:17 AM »
Maybe if u were using a gold diamind jig :whistle: :whistle:
Nope....that gold diamond was mine.....can I have it back please? I'll be on Cayuga tomorrow... :P
Anyone can be a fisherman in May...E.H.

Offline FrozenJig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Mar 30, 2015, 11:36 AM »
I've caught more than I can count with jigs, flies or lures in their mouth.    I caught a good size brown trout with a nylon stringer in its mouth, it had been there long enough to grow into its jaw.
                                                                                                                                                                 Wiz

Wiz - Was this on Canadice Lake by chance? Many, many years back?
Look for the beer flag, that's where i'm at

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Mar 30, 2015, 11:53 AM »
I hooked a fish through the ice on Oneida a few years back and it broke me off. The next day I caught a burbot out of the same hole with my jigging rap from the day before in its lip.
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.