Author Topic: Good times on Lake WPG (pics)  (Read 1750 times)

Offline mikeypikey

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing
Good times on Lake WPG (pics)
« on: Mar 21, 2015, 09:23 PM »
I met lots of great people on this fishing forum and other sites ,
 last year I met a few guys from Nebraska usa ...   awesome guys and even better fisherman ... time is flying cause ice fishing is almost over and the Nebraska Boys are back in town to do there annual lake wpg fishing trip , March Madness

ice is iffy in many area's and is starting to melt fast , plus the ridges and cracks are moving hourly , so don't trust these area's be super cautious    so instead of taking big risk by driving a heavy truck on the ice , we chose to launch a few quads and pack light

had a blast fishing with my new family of friends , we shared stories and laughs all day and even had a kickass shore lunch ,
(put on by Chris)
(good job bud)

we fished alittle deeper then normal ,  major weather pressure system came through ,   so we predicted the fish might move deep .
  we had non stop action all morning , 

fish were biting on anything and everything ,   we lost a few pigs ,  I mean PIGS   heartbreaking 

if your going out to lake wpg , be safe ,  be extra extra cautious ..

there a picture of the bile sack of a burbot we cut up .. never seen one so blue/green like this one ..

Where ever you go.. There you are!

Offline CILRedRIVER

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Good times on Lake WPG (pics)
« Reply #1 on: Mar 22, 2015, 05:47 AM »
very nice,

good choice on the depth

we fished mid depth 12 feet (on via truck) and our day was not like that  ;)

Offline avidangler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 22, 2015, 05:42 PM »
Nice fish thx for posting....mostly small ones here all winter....odd biggie,,,,,  west or east side was about the same...good times  when they are biting and not so good when they aren't .. best winter in a few years with numbers for me but I have noticed a decline in the size of the fish which may be due to larger nets being  set..fish were either small or big - with the in between sizes missing ..Am not complaining tho , little guys sure taste good ..released all my larger fish

Offline anglure

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 23, 2015, 05:46 AM »
  That bile sac looks like a gem stone !  :woot: Thx for more great pics !  :thumbsup:

Offline fiveontheice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 23, 2015, 06:41 AM »
Hey Mikey, love all your posts, keep it up, one day we will have to get out on the ice together, but until then I send you an open invite to come share a day on my boat, we could go hit LOTW, would be a pleasure to spend a day with you, let me know, cheers, Paul.

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "We don't remember days....only moments!"
« Reply #5 on: Mar 23, 2015, 08:05 AM »
Awesome post and pics as always Mikey  :thumbsup:
Blue Igloo  :tipup:

Offline The_Big_Cat_Canada

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 23, 2015, 04:33 PM »
Hey I see its business as usual man, great job and awesome pics. Those are some hawgs. One day I will make it out on LW, I turned down too many offers this year. Theres always next year. Congrats on the super season.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.