The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: MICHIGAN BOARD IS FADING FAST, JUST LIKE THE SHORE ICE!  (Read 1029 times)

Offline 3300

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
only 2 or 3 posts a day now to any topics and one is mine.
             its looking like a ghost lake around here.

;D

Offline buddlakemusky

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: MICHIGAN BOARD IS FADING FAST, JUST LIKE THE SHORE ICE!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 21, 2015, 09:23 PM »
hey I don't know whats going on with this sport but all my fishing buddies have become sallys this season, it will always be a great sport to me

Offline buddlakemusky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 21, 2015, 09:24 PM »
still thinking about fishing but after 40 plus trips on the ice I just needed a break

Offline FilletofSoul

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • if its brown its down
« Reply #3 on: Mar 21, 2015, 10:50 PM »
I hate this time of year, trying to come up with something to do other than fishing has been difficult. Ive decided I need to go for a walk tomorrow. Them guys in da UP are pretty tight lipped, I dont know why they even have a site, hope their ok. lol. Hard to believe another season has passed. I'll be doing some gathering pretty soon for morel, then some crappie fishing from the boat, then some deer hunting, then back on the ice. See you guys in December 2015. May the force be with you.
But don't quote me on that. I have a drinking problem, I keep running out of beer. I've always been a little bit crazy, but its kept me from going insane.

Offline FilletofSoul

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • if its brown its down
« Reply #4 on: Mar 22, 2015, 12:56 AM »
I feel like an ice fishing junkie, who just needs another fix.
But don't quote me on that. I have a drinking problem, I keep running out of beer. I've always been a little bit crazy, but its kept me from going insane.

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 22, 2015, 10:51 AM »
I feel like an ice fishing junkie, who just needs another fix.
   X2  ;D
"Yes officer, my chocolate lab did shoot me,with my brothers 12 gauge"!  11-8-87,true story!          "Sorry were late mom,Chris & me just got done with a cow hunt,we each got a big black Angus with our muzzleloaders"!  (the Christmas eve cow hunt w/ my son; 2004 !

Offline StabinCabin

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Mar 22, 2015, 06:43 PM »
Ice fishing gear put away. Just ordered all brand new seats mounts ect. for the boat. Upgrades electronics to humminbird helix 5 si. Just getting ready to hit the Detroit river for some Walleye.
Rippin lips one at a time.

Offline 3300

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Mar 22, 2015, 07:07 PM »
how are liking the side image sonar?
how far does it see to the side?
i'm thinking about one.

Offline StabinCabin

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Mar 23, 2015, 06:31 AM »
I just bought the unit on Friday the 20Th. Working on installing it. For a compact unit you have everything Di.Si.sonar GPS. The Si. claims 480 foot of coverage 240 each side of boat. Waiting on whats left of the ice to go away to try it out.
how are liking the side image sonar?
how far does it see to the side?
I'm thinking about one.
Rippin lips one at a time.

Offline 3300

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Mar 23, 2015, 09:27 AM »
i bet your anxious! i know i would be.
i river fish, so that side image might be good for that type of fishing. i can find them w/o one, but would be nice to know how many there are in the spot(s) i fish them. i only fish a few spots and get plenty.
my dad was born and raised in your town. used to walk to school in winter time on the ice on delton lake where they lived.

Offline chi92

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Mar 23, 2015, 07:11 PM »
Ice is getting further and further away from the shore in SW corner. Wednesday is supposed to be 60 and rain. Did ok this year when we got out but drilling 18-20 inches of ice with a hand auger is to much work, especially if one has had rotator cuff surgery in the past. Wish power augers weren't so expensive.
I'd Rather Be Lost At The Lake
THAN FOUND AT HOME!

Offline 3300

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11 on: Mar 23, 2015, 08:30 PM »
chi
put a hammer drill and a auger adapter on your auger.
make mincemeat out of the ice.

Offline pastaboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FISH - ON!
« Reply #12 on: Mar 23, 2015, 09:49 PM »
Maybe with Spring break going on for some they are busy with other things. Summer is slow here with people doing outside things and not suffering from cabin fever. I am guilty of it too. I usually go on MFF but that can be slow too. I do my house projects in spring and fall freeing up my time for more soft and hard water fishing BUT this does take time away from the computer and the sites. I stored my winter gear and am in "project" mode now so.......May we all have a great, safe soft water season!  :flex:

Offline PabstBlueRibbon

• IceShanty Rookie
im still getting out, prolly dumb but were still catching them in 5-7 foot of water infront of state park in bay city.

the shore ice is bad but the wind pushed it all back together tonight and our 4 wheelers back end didnt end up going in again, its been slow but they have been biting on anything thats green, better to get out later than earlier they usualy come in 2 at a time we see them on our vexilar and sometimes they just turn their nose and take off but hey thats fishing walleye for ya

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.