Author Topic: Salmon fishing Trip Booked. Never tried this,but excited to try it.  (Read 1323 times)

Offline Retired-UAW

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Personal Best 7 lbs even
Well I've called it quits. Ready to move over to MyFishFinder.com Booked a trip with Salmonhuntercharters.c om Going on May 30th. Never been out on Lake Michigan before. Met this guy at a Sport show in Kokomo this winter. Sounds like a great thing to do. Invited my son and cousin and a friend . Four of us on a 6 hour trip. Will post pictures and more about it after we go. Any body ever done this?
\\\"WORK\\\" is for people who don`t know how to \\\"FISH\\\"

Offline custom r

• IceShanty Rookie
  It is an rush .
U will probably do it again .
It is even better from shore in a river or creek .

GOOD LUCK !!!

Offline Retired-UAW

• Team IceShanty Addict
About 30 years ago I went to across the IN/MICH state line and did some snagging in the St.Joe River. I caught/snagged  2 salmon. We were using 60 lb test line. One of them weighed 22 the other 24 lbs. It was a RUSH. Also caught a 10 lb Steelhead but had to put it back. This should be a lot better out on the Lake because there will be more room for the fish to cover. Come on May.

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
You'll love it!
I went on a charter trolling for Kings years ago and will never forget the power those fish have!
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline Mrwiggler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • " I'm going to miss her "
Never went on a charter, as i owned my own boat , for years. Caught many Kings, Lakers, and Steelhead. Get a good nights sleep before going, cause if you get on them good, they'll wear you out ...lol..! Powerful, and loads of fun. If your not seaworthy, you might check on winds conditions, before arriving, and be prepared to take some motion sickness pills ,if the lake is a little rough. It don't bother some people, but at the same token, i've seen some awful sick people before. Have fun, and you'll be going back, for sure. GOOD LUCK..!

Offline Boomer

• Team IceShanty Addict
I am jealous. Always wanted to but can't really afford it for three people to do. Just could not finish a full boat.  Love catching the trout and salmon off the pier - actually getting ready to leave right now - you will want to do it again. Hope to see your pics.

Offline iCeMaN...24/7

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Toad Time!!!
It's a good time.  I have been out on the big M with Five Oarrs Charter multiple times in years past for early spring trips.  You will have fun as there is little prep work, everything is done for you; just need to bring yourself, some food and your smartphone for pics at the end of the day.
A bad day fishing beats a good day working!!! <///><

Offline Retired-UAW

• Team IceShanty Addict
Never went on a charter, as i owned my own boat , for years. Caught many Kings, Lakers, and Steelhead. Get a good nights sleep before going, cause if you get on them good, they'll wear you out ...lol..! Powerful, and loads of fun. If your not seaworthy, you might check on winds conditions, before arriving, and be prepared to take some motion sickness pills ,if the lake is a little rough. It don't bother some people, but at the same token, i've seen some awful sick people before. Have fun, and you'll be going back, for sure. GOOD LUCK..!
Not going to take any chance of getting sea sick .Going to take some the night before and in the morning. It's going to be fun watching my 28 year old son wrestle with them. He 's never caught any thing bigger than a 3 or 4 pound fish. This is more for him than me. Thanks for the tips. Appreciate it.

Offline Retired-UAW

• Team IceShanty Addict
I am jealous. Always wanted to but can't really afford it for three people to do. Just could not finish a full boat.  Love catching the trout and salmon off the pier - actually getting ready to leave right now - you will want to do it again. Hope to see your pics.
This is what Retirement is suppose to be about. We met this guy at a show. The wife said I needed to take my son on one of these. So I have to keep her happy. "SHE'S A KEEPER"

Offline krh76

• IceShanty Rookie
You'll have a great time! Ive also been out with five Orr's as the other poster sai . The best catches we had were around the time you are going. If they're biting good you'll have some tired arms! Lol!  Have fun!

Offline PoleCat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • IceFsh'nNut
You will enjoy yourself. I fish for them in the rivers, wading and by boat. Just got back from a steelhead trip week ago. :tipup:
HoosierPoleCat member since 2003

The high price of Freedom is a cost paid by a Brave few... Semper Fi

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Going out for some eyes Sunday wish I could post some pics send me a number to text some photos. Coe vanna charters.

Offline brink

• Team IceShanty Regular
I hope you do better than my friend and I did a few weeks back.  Heck, that should be easy considering we got skunked.  Went out of New Buffalo on his boat and trolled for 5 hours with nary a single bite.  My buddy is an experienced salmon slayer on Michigan so it wasn't as if we were pi$$ing in the wind not knowing what we were doing.  There was a tourney out of MC that day and the radio chatter indicated that a few lakers were biting but that was it.  Sure, I bet a few boats were catching and were radio silent. 

Again, hope you do well!
That's some tasty iced tea.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.