Author Topic: the moderator ( eiderz )  (Read 2420 times)

Offline weneric

• Team IceShanty Regular
the moderator ( eiderz )
« on: Mar 17, 2015, 05:33 PM »
i have been a member for two winters.  i dont know  EIDERZ, never fished with him, and dont always agree with him. i think he has done a great job of being our moderator, and i think we all owe him a great big thank you. he has even pm'd  me and told me to watch what i say. let me be the first this year to say thank you for all of your efforts on our behalf .and how about we flood this site with our appreciation to him for all of his good work? he deserves it.
wishing i was still young

Offline 68 TROUT

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: the moderator ( eiderz )
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17, 2015, 05:48 PM »
weneric .....
I will second that praise...
I can just imagine how difficult that job is...
I enjoy reading the threads, from all of you,
and greatly appreciate the assistance all have shown each other....
Good Job EIDERZ,
Thanks....
Time For Soft Water & Tight Lines

Offline moose444

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 17, 2015, 06:11 PM »
Absolutely agree many thanks! Not an easy task to keep everyone even keel. It is all about building future ice fishing enthusiasts and you provide great insight to the experienced and the newbies. Great job we appreciate all you do for this site and it's members!

Offline Ravo Himself

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 17, 2015, 06:14 PM »
Absolutely agree. Wealth of knowledge. I've also never dishes with him but from everything I've read and the few times I've talked with him seems like a great guy. Thanks for putting up with us!
The BIG one is just one flag away!

Species caught : largemouth, smallmouth,  bluegill, perch, White perch, crappie, trout, catfish, bowfin, pickerel, pike

-Ryan-

Offline westfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 17, 2015, 06:18 PM »
Absolutely agree - Eiderz, thank you for doing a great job at what I bet can sometimes seem like a thankless job...  thanks too for the good fishing tips

Offline ATrexOnTheIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • WOMAN SEEKS LARGEMOUTH BASS
« Reply #5 on: Mar 17, 2015, 07:14 PM »
Thanks Eiderz, you helped me with jig heads this year and it paid off. Hope your our moderator next season too! Hopefully you switch over to CT FISH for the summer postings and can give me some striper tips.

Offline mattshoes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 17, 2015, 07:58 PM »
Thank you Eiderz for all you do for our forum. Haven't fished with you yet but maybe next year I'll make it over to your side of the state for an evening Eye trip on Gardner.

Offline spanky1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 17, 2015, 08:56 PM »
He certainly has done an outstanding job.  :clap:

I've been a mod on another board and in most cases it is difficult and a thankless job.

I also have had the pleasure of meeting him and he really is a good guy! ;D

Thanks again!
Don't give up, don't EVER give up - Jimmy V

Offline ct iceman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Mar 17, 2015, 09:56 PM »
Thanks eiderz for the great job you do with this site it was nice meeting you up at gardners :tipup:

Offline Abouch77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Mar 17, 2015, 10:09 PM »
Thank you eiderz.  We appreciate all you have done and do for our icefishing community.
Thank God for good friends, good food, good beer, and good fishing!

Offline livetoicefish90

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Live to fish and fish to live. It's my way of life
« Reply #10 on: Mar 17, 2015, 11:58 PM »
Thank you very much eiderz!!! This site is absolutely amazing and to be able to bring all these fisherman together to swop story's and help each other out just shows what kind of a guy you are. Maybe one day we can take a trip together and enjoy fishing like so many others. Again thank you eiderz!!!

Offline mikeg

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Mar 18, 2015, 04:09 AM »
 :thumbsup:

Offline Yukon Rozz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Mar 18, 2015, 05:02 AM »
Also a big thank you from colchester, you have help my son and myself with all the information you provide you are a true gentleman and are very much appreciated by all of use on the site.Good during the soft water season.

Offline Jessox80

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "The malevolent aged grin..."- Hughes
« Reply #13 on: Mar 18, 2015, 05:46 AM »
This board has provided me with a lot of free entertainment and information over the years and I know that our mod haas been a big part of that. Thanks, and thanks to Weneric for starting this thread and pointing out how fortunate we have been.
Pike fishing is a like a cruel mistress that is too beautiful to leave.

Offline bugchazer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Mar 18, 2015, 06:02 AM »
great guy ,font of information and great to fish wish. Has kept this site under control and a fun place to visit :clap:

Offline octanehi5

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Work was made for people who can't fish, I'm retir
« Reply #15 on: Mar 18, 2015, 06:47 AM »
Thanks for the post Weneric, Wow that's twice we agreed this yr. Over my Ten years on this site. I have watched many come and go. We use to be governed by a few out of our state mods.In Sept 2009,a little more than 5 yrs.ago. A new Rookie joined our ranks. Eiderz, We shared many posts, I think it was that yr. that we met at  the great Sagandaga  walleye challenge, Dave of world famous Dave's bait,introduced us to each other, He was looking to fish with someone from Ct. Long story short, We became friends,have fished Hard water ever since.As you all have noticed He likes his Toys, and has many. He has always been the first to try to help,both on the site and the ice. He's a black and white guy with no gray areas. Moderates with an iron hand,as needed.Being the Mod. is a very Thankless job, Running our site like the owner wants. With all the Testosterone on this site Its hard to be politically correct. Without  trying to make his head to big, He does a great job all around.  Octanehi5  (AKA Ron)

Offline BWB-ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Mar 18, 2015, 06:53 AM »
Here, here!!!!!
Thank you!!
  :clap: :clap: :bow: :clap:
"If I fished only to capture fish, my fishing trips would have ended long ago". Zane Grey

"The water you touch in a river is the last of that which has passed, and the first of that which is coming; thus it is with time". Leonardo DaVinci

Offline Pepe Goody

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Mar 18, 2015, 07:11 AM »
Thank you, Eiderz for all you do. I am a rookie on this site and have read many post this past winter. I have been impressed with all the info that has been passed on from experienced icer's to the new. I have noticed how you reach out and pass on info for the various posting questions. These answers have been of great value to myself and I'm sure others also. A lot of this info you take the time to pass along to others, takes time to gather (sometimes a life time). For this again I thank you and hope you enjoy doing what you do because you are a natural at it.

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Mar 18, 2015, 09:04 AM »
Thank you all! I'm doing my best, let me know if there's something I can help you with. It's been my pleasure to meet and fish with many CT members, hopefully I meet every one of you on the ice.  Have fun and stay safe out there! :tipup:  ;D

Offline michael czapor

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Mar 18, 2015, 11:00 AM »
Thank you Eiderz. You do a terrific job !

Offline lure loon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Mar 18, 2015, 12:06 PM »
THANK YOU  Eiderz , Hope I  get the  honor to meet you some day soon and shake your hand to THANK YOU for all that you do for us .. TWO THUMBS UP .   

Offline MartyMarPlv

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Mar 18, 2015, 03:09 PM »
Thankyou!!

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22 on: Mar 18, 2015, 03:23 PM »
Thank you Eiderz for putting up with me!   :tipup:

Offline Global Warming in CT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Mar 18, 2015, 05:16 PM »
I've only met eiderz once (on Gardner of course), and in the 5 minutes I talked to him he shared some great info about walleyes and offered to tow me across the lake on the sweetest ice fishing-mobile I've ever seen. Great guy, knowledgeable fisherman, and an awesome moderator. I should've taken him up on the offer to fish with him that day!

Offline weneric

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Mar 18, 2015, 06:24 PM »
wow, 666 views, and only 23 replies. either a lot of broken fingers, or a lot of broken keyboards. well, at 23 of us are appreciative of what he does.
wishing i was still young

Offline THE JIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Member of the GODS (Grumpy Old DudeS)
« Reply #25 on: Mar 18, 2015, 07:07 PM »
I'm an out of stater but I'm on the Ct. sight quite a bit.
 You've done an excellent job and for that and your patience with tolerating some of these posts a big THANKS
MA

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Mar 19, 2015, 06:46 AM »
Thanks again folks.

Offline te-pe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Mar 21, 2015, 09:57 AM »
well done sir ...taking the time to keep things in order and still have time to fish....awesome..thank you

Offline LargeFry

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Mar 21, 2015, 01:10 PM »
Top Knotch!

It's definitely a thankless job, and not for everyone. Eiderz has done an excellent job with our community. We have a great mod, but we also have a great crowd here this year to boot... no pun intended  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Tommytuna

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Mar 21, 2015, 01:53 PM »
Thank you Eiderz. We appreciate your effort and tips for fishing the hard water.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.