Author Topic: erie ice  (Read 1613 times)

Offline junobeans

• Team IceShanty Regular
erie ice
« on: Mar 17, 2015, 05:04 PM »
I know the last two years Erie has darn near frozen solid and the fish in has been great.  This year was my first year fishing Erie and it was great.  My question is on a normal year is there fishable ice and how far out does it go, or is it only the extremely cold years we are fortunate enough to fish erie?

Offline junobeans

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: erie ice
« Reply #1 on: Mar 18, 2015, 07:24 PM »
Really 165 views and none of ya know anything about normal Erie ice conditions.

Offline gdccsc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 19, 2015, 09:10 AM »
The ice on the lake is different from yr to yr so yes we do normally have ice every yr but how much is the ?...I only fish out from the islands so I fish almost every yr..The ice forms out there first and lasts longer in a normal yr...Your weather here in ohio is totally unpredictable...That's why you don't have any responses,Its just tough to say,but the last 2 seasons have been great so maybe were on a roll.....

Offline quack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 19, 2015, 09:43 PM »
My first real season of ice fishing erie too, but I have been watching it for a while. Its not just the cold but also the storms that come through while the ice is still trying to form. You could have a good few inches as far as the eye could see one day and a big wind event comes through and then you have piles of ice at shore and open water everywhere else. just depends, but usually there are guys out there pullin walleys every winter.
Funniest thing about ice fishing for me is when people who know nothing about ice activities try to warn me about the dangers of the ice...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.