The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: trools  (Read 2277 times)

Offline clayboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
trools
« on: Mar 17, 2015, 02:42 PM »
guys just troll though looking for intell man I hate that.

Offline capt.crappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: trools
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17, 2015, 06:57 PM »
Lurkers

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 17, 2015, 07:26 PM »

This late in the season, don't worry about it! ;D

Offline Tunapursuit

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Tightlines!!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 17, 2015, 08:11 PM »
Im trooling for all eddies hot spots  ;D
Ron

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 17, 2015, 08:30 PM »
Im trooling for all eddies hot spots  ;D

I don't have any. I should, but am too lazy to use the GPS. :wacko:

Offline Ski Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gut eyes? =)
« Reply #5 on: Mar 17, 2015, 11:07 PM »
Its the exact reason a lot of the guys who used to post often (myself included) simply don't anymore. That and the know it alls that like to start wars when they don't get an answer they like  :cookoo:
Proud to be Pro Staff!!!    Gut cookies?

Walleye count for 2015    21 landed up to 25"

Offline smally hunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 18, 2015, 04:50 AM »
Keep your small bodies of water to yourself . Erie and pymie are no secret unfortunately

Offline hardwaterlady

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Mar 18, 2015, 06:43 AM »
Same thing happened to another site we were on for years. Now you can't post anything on it without starting something. Really hope that don't start here. Basically that site is dead to us.

Offline bullscrickbowfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Mar 18, 2015, 08:13 AM »
Its like those sniffers on the flasher. Blast right up 2 your bait and just sniff. Makes me mad.  Just pm your regulars.

Offline clayboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 18, 2015, 08:20 AM »
good group of guys posted here. I can see that. Hard to let the ice go but after a lacluster season on anything but strip lakes I can wait for some water. Was going to try and fish the pyme outflow for some perch to stock in a lake. any ideas from this group and if I should take the hour drive to try it? pm me if you do. if you go back ou on the ice just be safe and make good desicions.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10 on: Mar 18, 2015, 08:21 AM »
No matter what site you name there's always trolls.  Some guys end up joining and posting others don't.  I don't let it get to me. 

Offline Ski Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gut eyes? =)
« Reply #11 on: Mar 18, 2015, 11:10 PM »
No matter what site you name there's always trolls.  Some guys end up joining and posting others don't.  I don't let it get to me.

Not always the case...I belong to a hand full of invite only forums where a majority of the users regularly post.

When it comes to public forums though, there's more lurkers than guys sharing
Proud to be Pro Staff!!!    Gut cookies?

Walleye count for 2015    21 landed up to 25"

Offline J Miser

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Anchorage Alaska - Can't get home fast enuf!!!
« Reply #12 on: Mar 19, 2015, 11:17 AM »
I just stopped posting cause of the amount of hate mail I got from people.  And I certainly troll, but for what purpose, i don't know.  Maybe to stir the pot, maybe to get people to spread out, who the heck knows.  After all, you could have the bite of the century at the Pack or the lie known as promised land and the only movement you would see from me is to lift a cheek up to scratch.  Real lurkers, trolls would start drooling and making hotel reservations.  That's what everyone fears.

How about the hole Lake Winola Perch thing - how many trolls fell on that.  That lit some people up.  It's why I'm forbidden to post on our spots on the Delaware.

Dr. JM

My private lakes: Laurel, Gruber, Emerald complex (Mountaintop, E Emerald, W Emerald, Pine Tree, Deer, Lower Deer, Halfmoon, Hunter, Little Mountaintop), Leisure Lk, Leisure Pd, Monroe, Tego, Little Tego, Upper Spring, Pocono Summit, Blue Mountain.  I want Naomi, Paupacken, and Hallowood and I'll chase the dream called Pocono Lake

Offline clayboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Mar 19, 2015, 11:31 AM »
i dont really care who trools out there or on here I found a good group of guys who fish and love the sport of ice fishing. The only way your going to catch my fish is being in mu hut anyway. And if your in it just bring me a sammich and a drink. heck i will even let you have some bait just no time with my marcum. happy fishing

Offline JPascavage52

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Mar 19, 2015, 02:27 PM »
Ahh yes, reminds me of a certain Erie steelhead fishing forum that shall go nameless....

That site got so bad a few years ago that I stopped posting completely. There was just too much negativity and BS. When I posted a report, some idiot would either whine that I "spot burned", and it was guaranteed that there would 50 people in that spot the next day, or say something along the lines of "quit lying, there's no way you caught five in that stretch, I walked it yesterday, and didn't see a single fish." Everytime a newbie asked a question, for every one helpful post there were about ten smart alec, bs, or "use the search button" posts, nothing wrong with having some fun but it got ridiculous. And forget bout posting pics, always somebody has a problem with the fish caught: wrong brand of gear used, something wrong with person's appearance, fish caught on fly, fish caught on bait, fish held wrong, fish kept, fish not kept, too much of spot shown in background (see spot burning above), etc..

Then the admins got rid of a bunch of the trolls, and made it so your first few posts have to be approved to be posted.

Heck, I got no problems giving someone a bit of information on fishing a certain place, it's perfectly possible without spot burning, or giving up your honey holes. Lake name, ice conditions, weather conditions, fish caught and method, maybe even relative region of lake you fished, and anything else that was notable about your day of fishing, will suffice.
Pro staff for:

Liquid Mayhem
Titan Tungsten
Lunker City
Toad Thumper Lures

Youtube channel:
www.youtube.com/johnpascavagefishing/videos

icewagon

« Reply #15 on: Mar 19, 2015, 02:31 PM »
 :nono: :unsure: :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline GreenFinnyBlinny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Mar 19, 2015, 04:02 PM »
This is a great site to learn new techniques, discover new bodies of water, check out the equipment and hear some great stories. If someone is on this site to only find someone else's holes I would say they aren't acting as a sportsmen.

Offline digger953

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • build a bridge an float under it
« Reply #17 on: Mar 20, 2015, 03:47 AM »
 :callcops: :icefish:
This is a great site to learn new techniques, discover new bodies of water, check out the equipment and hear some great stories. If someone is on this site to only find someone else's holes I would say they aren't acting as a sportsmen.

:icefish: :callcops: :icefish: :callcops: :icefish: :callcops: :icefish: :callcops: :icefish: :callcops: :icefish: :callcops: :icefish: :callcops:
thats the way some people arenot only on here but they lurk out on the ice also get a good hole or spot  and you have lotsa neighbors

Offline delawareriver

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Mar 20, 2015, 06:46 AM »
i don't mind sharing information and ice reports (minus first ice and river ice). Any actual good reports I PM my good friends or if a regular poster that shares as well asks I'll pm him. Pretty simple don't post anything you don't want the entire Internet to see

Offline Crappiehunter1981

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Mar 20, 2015, 09:44 AM »
I was at a local lake last Monday and through the course of my 100 hole search, I ran into a fellow.  We began to talk and he asked me I watched any of the forums, I replied that I was a member of this site.  He then asked me what my handle was.  When I told him, he said "oh I read your posts all the time"..  I asked him why he has not signed up to this FREE site?  He said he rather just read the posts.  Fair enough.

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #20 on: Mar 20, 2015, 12:10 PM »
Unless he was a member the only thing he could read was the general sections for states no reports and conditions.  Also has to have certain number of posts if a member to view or her threads.

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline icehippy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Mar 20, 2015, 12:29 PM »
i didnt post to much this year either. no time to go on computer or just dont want to give up some good spots. dont mind posting ice conditions for certain lakes for people that dont live close. just pm your buddies then half of pa dont have to now. no offense to any one out there. love this site. get all kinds of ice fishing info + more. thanks for the posts everyone n be safe. good luck. later dudes. :tipup:

Offline smally hunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Mar 20, 2015, 08:55 PM »
Best ppl I've met on ice this year aren even members here . Or any forums for that matter . They apparently are recognized though because I watched ppl follow them because they caught fish when others couldn't .

Offline jarhead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Mar 21, 2015, 06:27 AM »
trolling doesn't bother me to end that just make the site not free then they will stop. I PM my friends with info I don't want to share. Whats the difference u have to join to see anything posted and make so many posts.A person who only posts 20 times or someone with 4000 posts in a couple years spending half their life on the computer rather than fishing. Both seem like trolling to me.

Offline NEZ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Good fishing and safe ice
« Reply #24 on: Mar 23, 2015, 08:00 PM »
I would have to say we all troll from time to time.  I do not post on everything we read, nor do I want to.  I would say I post a fair amount compared to a lot of people, but I believe it is important to let people at least know what the ice conditions are of lakes that we have fished.  In my early days of ice fishing, it really ticked me off when I drove 1.5 hours and found that the edges were not any good anymore and I could not get on the lake.  Nez

Offline D.Deck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Mar 24, 2015, 08:23 AM »
NEZ, you due a great service to many ice fishermen on this blog. I like to fish Howard, but it is 1 1/2 hours from my home. Your posts help me decide on the trip. Ice fishing is a great sport and I have met many nice people out there on the ice. Keep up the good work. Stay Safe. D.Deck

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.